'24 TX OT Bennett Warren (Tennessee)

How in the hell do we miss on every recruit? Pure dog sh!t recruiting..

kermit-the-frog-freak-out.gif

With all the, we are leading for these recruits to all of the sudden trending away, how much do we believe is negative recruiting about the NCAA investigation from other coaches? Hopefully it will just be a slap on the wrist but other coaches could be telling them otherwise. We just need to get this behind us. Go Vols!

Reactions: 67Vol
With all the, we are leading for these recruits to all of the sudden trending away, how much do we believe is negative recruiting about the NCAA investigation from other coaches? Hopefully it will just be a slap on the wrist but other coaches could be telling them otherwise. We just need to get this behind us. Go Vols!
this

Reactions: newVOLworld
That’s tough

@KingNico this trending away?
I think AP/MR put it nicely. Every day that goes by the less likely it feels.

If we don’t get him, it really sucks no two ways about it.

The issue here in my opinion isn’t the meta “inability to close” or that the kid’s mom wants him to go somewhere else because that happens all the time and will probably forever. It’s that he’s the one tackle active on our board.

The issue here in my opinion isn’t the meta “inability to close” or that the kid’s mom wants him to go somewhere else because that happens all the time and will probably forever. It’s that he’s the one tackle active on our board.
giphy.gif

At least the ncaa is gonna release their findings snd punishments today, so the negative recruiting aspect wont be in play anymore about the ncaa violations

It's apparently the tipping point for mom, much like the Fountain recruitment.

And honestly, I get that you have to look at your methods if you aren't getting the results you want. We've done a lot of it in my company over the past few years because competition for labor in many of our plants is outrageous. You can go into a bidding war but that has its limits. Success is to be had in other things for the most part. You do have to pay well but then you also have to find inexperienced (unknown) talent that can be trained up. We've done that well. I believe UT is going to need a similar tack.

Also you have to lead well, develop a good culture, make sure the non-financial offerings are as good as possible, and be great developers of talent... oh, and oddly enough be disciplined about culling those who don't fit. IMO, Heupel is checking all of those boxes VERY well.

Why did that happen? Did the staff feel confident that they had him?

So how is it bad recruiting if the kid buys Michigan's academic ranking over UT's? If that is the tipping point for the kid then what are the coaches supposed to do... kidnap him?
Throw an extra large sized McDonald’s bag at him filled with someone else’s money seems to be what many on here believe?

How in the hell do we miss on every recruit? Pure dog sh!t recruiting..
Not really. Our average rank per player is probably higher than in a long time. That looks like it will be coming down though. People need to realize that we’re swinging for the fences in who we pick up from high school. You’ve still got major NIL money to pick up players in the portal that are more ready to compete right away.

We’ve quickly moved from a roster that was razor thin to a roster that is competitive with the best in the nation.

VN Store

Back