'24 TX OT Bennett Warren (Tennessee)

So weird story. NCAA rules ACTUALLY allow you to take more than one per class. Judging from the recruitment of Bates and what will certainly be others…..the staff is actually interested in taking more than one. Based off of just basic raw statistics from last year, we need a true lockdown corner much more than a 3rd stud WR. Although I have faith we will get both. But thank you.
I know I was just being a smartass. If one doesn’t pop up the recruiting rankings during the season they will most definitely attack the portal hard

Reactions: sonofUT62

So weird story. NCAA rules ACTUALLY allow you to take more than 1. Based off the recruitment of Bates and what is sure to be others we se‘em interested in more than 1. Based off raw statistics from last year we need a lockdown corner more than a 3rd stud WR. But I have faith we’ll get both. Thank you though.

So weird story. NCAA rules ACTUALLY allow you to take more than 1. Based off the recruitment of Bates and what is sure to be others we se‘em interested in more than 1. Based off raw statistics from last year we need a lockdown corner more than a 3rd stud WR. But I have faith we’ll get both. Thank you though.
20230107_210929.gif

Bennett Warren announced on Thursday that he will make his decision official on Monday. The Houston area offensive lineman had a great visit to Tennessee last month. Tennessee was just another school until he visited and what he found was a school he could see himself at. He will decide really between Michigan and Tennessee on Monday. We have felt like Tennessee built a ton of momentum during that visit and they will look to ride that wave into the decision.
-VQ

We have a good OL haul. This will make it a great haul.

Necks up is DL, DE, then WR.
I wish Warren would commit to Tennessee today. I really hope we're the choice. I think he's going to be a good one. But even if we get him, I think we need one more OT to solidify our OL haul.

On the offensive side, other than the aforementioned 2 OT, I think we need one more WR and one more TE. I think we'd take 2 WR if both Wingo and Jefferson want in. If they found another RB they liked, I could see them taking one more, but I also think they're fine with just the one. I just never rule out a surprise player popping up that they feel they can't turn down.

Defensively, I think we need 2 interior DL guys, one Edge (though I think they'd take 2), and possibly one more CB.

A lot depends on the numbers, and only the coaches have a real idea about how they're going to work out.

trump-train.gif
Monday.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back