'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

Depends on where the visit is?

Plus he doesn't have to decide. He's graduated HS... he can stretch this out to May and likely will
ok cool.
I’ve said since the beginning, he’s a headcase. If he comes here, I hope he is great player and i will cheer for him. I hope he goes elsewhere to be honest. This has been a crazy recruitment from the beginning. I like to know what is he waiting on to commit to a place.

This weekend, Evans didn’t take an official visit, opting instead to head to Nashville, to visit with friends and get a bit of training. But, a few schools were still looking for an opportunity to visit with the talented running back. Ole Miss flew into town on Friday night to pitch Evans
-Trey Wallace

For the people whose link isn’t working this is the most meaningful part of the article.. Still, just a bunch of nothing for the most part 😂

Do you feel that you’ve got a good relationship with Tennessee & OM coaches?
“I have a good relationship with both coaching staff’s. Tennessee got into my recruitment a little but later than some schools. I like Coach Pruitt, he’s easy to relate to. Coach Chaney is a great Coach and learn a lot every time I talk to him. I’ve been knowing Coach Graham for a long time. I like Ole Miss coaches a lot. Coach Smith is easy to relate to. He’s coached a lot of Big time backs. Coach Kiffin is a genius on offense and understands how to get the ball in the Playmakers hands. I really like the coaches at both those schools”

When are you hoping to end this?
“I want take my final official as soon as I can. After that I will weigh my options and make a good decision. I don’t want to set a specific date and put a lot of pressure on myself. I’ve learned from doing that before”

Evans has some decisions to make. He can easily sign financial aid agreements, but this still will not technically tie him to the school. Honestly, until Evans shows up on a campus and enrolls In classes, this thing will carry on.

This isn’t your typical “thug” recruit. Most of us grew up without any thing like the spot light this kid is going through. I can’t imagine how I would have handled everyone telling me what I should do everywhere I turn and not having my mentor, my Dad, there to guide me through it. People need to chill on this kid and let him do his thing and make his decision. He has a long road infront of him but he will also surround himself with some good mentor ship in this program Pruitt has BUILT. He understands the VOLS are more than likely the best all around scenario for him. He also wants to make sure he is making the absolute best decision he can for his life. I get it too.

He has one official visit left and it said in the article that he can't take that official until March (dead period I'm assuming?). So that explains the month gap.

Yes, Dead Period thru Feb 29, meaning no in-person contact with coaches anywhere. Beginning March 1, he can meet with coaches only on their campuses (no in home visits).

I have to question this kid's intelligence or at least the advice his inner circle is putting out in his ear. He's already graduated and had a chance to EE.

Right now, He could be already enrolled in a school, starting organized workouts, getting top notch nutrition, learning the playbook, building relationships with his teammates and getting ready for spring practice.

Much better preparation and chance to make an instant impact come fall and reduce likelihood of injury.

Not to mention the social scene and the females at college.

But no? He just wants to keep playin' the recruiting game.

I have to question this kid's intelligence or at least the advice his inner circle is putting out in his ear. He's already graduated and had a chance to EE.

Right now, He could be already enrolled in a school, starting organized workouts, getting top notch nutrition, learning the playbook, building relationships with his teammates and getting ready for spring practice.

Much better preparation and chance to make an instant impact come fall and reduce likelihood of injury.

I thought he picked GA., had a bad breakup and was released, and has to now start over with a choice that will not matter until he can enroll. He said he wanted to take his time and make the right decision this time.

It’s his time and he will never experience it again. Let him enjoy the process.

VN Store

Back