U.S. Navy Not Fit For War

2 year deployment by 3 crew...whoever authorized such needs to be relieved. Ridiculous.
That’s a long cruise. But not even her longest. Had an 800 day deployment before this one…

I wish @GreyWolf was still here

What gets me is these boats are being retired. I mean I dont know how much core life left, but we need assets.
I don’t think it’s the core, but the actual structure. Which I get.

But if it is the structure - why not keep em in the water, close to shore? They don’t need to be diving and steaming around to represent an “unknown” dot on the map.

Put em 2-3 miles off of NS Pearl, 100 ft deep, with a skeleton crew.

Force the Chinese to account for them.

Last edited:

2 year deployment by 3 crew...whoever authorized such needs to be relieved. Ridiculous.

Florida was my second boat. There are two crews that change out at a forward deployed port (like Diego Garcia, Guam…), and each crew operates the boat maybe 5-6 months at a time. So this 800 day deployment was likely 4 crew turnovers.

I don’t think it’s the core, but the actual structure. Which I get.

But if it is the structure - why not keep em in the water, close to shore? They don’t need to be diving and steaming around to represent an “unknown” dot on the map.

Put em 2-3 miles off of NS Pearl, 100 ft deep, with a skeleton crew.

Force the Chinese to account for them.
In the article they spoke about how reliable they were. I didnt realize there was a structural life, but makes sense with such pressures.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Florida was my second boat. There are two crews that change out at a forward deployed port (like Diego Garcia, Guam…), and each crew operates the boat maybe 5-6 months at a time. So this 800 day deployment was likely 4 crew turnovers.
I had a typo and meant 2 crew, Gold and Blue. Hadnt thought about more than 2 turnovers.

I had an old friend on the USS Alabama when younger, who I always tried to pick his brain. As always The Silent Service prevails.

In the article they spoke about how reliable they were. I didnt realize there was a structural life, but makes sense with such pressures.
I’m admittedly not entirely sure, but I think the hulls have a limited amount of life (dives) in them - else why not just keep re-fueling them 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I’m admittedly not entirely sure, but I think the hulls have a limited amount of life (dives) in them - else why not just keep re-fueling them 🤷‍♀️
yea trading out 154 tubes for 24 on a Block V Virginia..just when we need them.
Scrap the Ticos, scrap the LCS..heck we should be growing our fleet, not regressing.

The first two boats – USS Ohio (SSGN-726) and USS Florida (SSGN-728) – are scheduled to join 17 other ships planned for retirement in 2026.

smh..

Reactions: 85SugarVol
Under the baseline plan, the Navy would begin to field new and similarly specialized boats, described as Large Payload Submarines, beginning in the 2049 Fiscal Year. A total of seven of these submarines would be in service by Fiscal Year 2053.

source TWZ

stuff like this makes me nauseous, 2053 lmao.

yea trading out 154 tubes for 24 on a Block V Virginia..just when we need them.
Scrap the Ticos, scrap the LCS..heck we should be growing our fleet, not regressing.

The first two boats – USS Ohio (SSGN-726) and USS Florida (SSGN-728) – are scheduled to join 17 other ships planned for retirement in 2026.

smh..
Think the Block V carries 40… but yea, point stands.

Need more dots on the map. Makes screwing up the Frigate even more infuriating.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Under the baseline plan, the Navy would begin to field new and similarly specialized boats, described as Large Payload Submarines, beginning in the 2049 Fiscal Year. A total of seven of these submarines would be in service by Fiscal Year 2053.

source TWZ

stuff like this makes me nauseous, 2053 lmao.
2053 is just around the corner, man.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Think the Block V carries 40… but yea, point stands.

Need more dots on the map. Makes screwing up the Frigate even more infuriating.
Cant even keep up with delays any more.
Dont forget the Zumwalts.They are having to refit these ships,
Sometimes I think The P is just an industrial welfare program where if it isnt gold plated, they retire it. Then it is so expensive, theyhave no economies of scale during procurement and then have to retire it for operational costs, So disheartening.

What a wasted 20 years with the WOT, and now just aboutevery plarform, not hyperbole, is due for recapitalization.

Cant even keep up with delays any more.
Dont forget the Zumwalts.They are having to refit these ships,
Sometimes I think The P is just an industrial welfare program where if it isnt gold plated, they retire it. Then it is so expensive, theyhave no economies of scale during procurement and then have to retire it for operational costs, So disheartening.

What a wasted 20 years with the WOT, and now just aboutevery plarform, not hyperbole, is due for recapitalization.
We completely lost sight of the open water with the WoT. Just terrible.

My cousin was on the Bancroft, GW sent me some pictures of its sail at the entrance to Kings Bay. I believe he works in the Jacksonville area.

The U.S. Navy’s Warship Production is in its Worst State in 25 Years. What’s Behind It?​

1723399772587.png
The Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer USS Laboon sails in the Red Sea on Wednesday, June 12, 2024. The U.S.-led campaign against Iran-backed Houthi rebels has turned into the most intense running sea battle the Navy has faced since World … more >

The Navy’s ability to build lower-cost warships that can shoot down Houthi rebel missiles in the Red Sea depends in part on a 25-year-old laborer who previously made parts for garbage trucks.

Lucas Andreini, a welder at Fincantieri Marinette Marine, in Marinette, Wisconsin, is among thousands of young workers who’ve received employer-sponsored training nationwide as shipyards struggle to hire and retain employees.

The labor shortage is one of myriad challenges that have led to backlogs in ship production and maintenance at a time when the Navy faces expanding global threats. Combined with shifting defense priorities, last-minute design changes and cost overruns, it has put the U.S. behind China in the number of ships at its disposal - and the gap is widening.

The U.S. Navy’s Warship Production is in its Worst State in 25 Years. What’s Behind It?​

View attachment 666391
The Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer USS Laboon sails in the Red Sea on Wednesday, June 12, 2024. The U.S.-led campaign against Iran-backed Houthi rebels has turned into the most intense running sea battle the Navy has faced since World … more >

The Navy’s ability to build lower-cost warships that can shoot down Houthi rebel missiles in the Red Sea depends in part on a 25-year-old laborer who previously made parts for garbage trucks.

Lucas Andreini, a welder at Fincantieri Marinette Marine, in Marinette, Wisconsin, is among thousands of young workers who’ve received employer-sponsored training nationwide as shipyards struggle to hire and retain employees.

The labor shortage is one of myriad challenges that have led to backlogs in ship production and maintenance at a time when the Navy faces expanding global threats. Combined with shifting defense priorities, last-minute design changes and cost overruns, it has put the U.S. behind China in the number of ships at its disposal - and the gap is widening.

Great time for production to be at an all-time low.

VN Store

Back