U.S. Navy Not Fit For War

moving to AEDC soon.
They used to be a client and they have this massive 50,000HP compressor used for vacuum applications that simulates flight cobditions. Not really sure how it is set up, but golly.

The deindustrialization of America. All China has to do is wait.
If I was the Pentagon, I would put the SK, UK and Italian shipyards to work. Like you said.
You’re gonna give @hog88 a coronary talking about leveraging the best allied shipyards in the world, to augment or flagging, fledgling, fleet. At a time when China is out-producing us at 4:1 clip.

You’re gonna give @hog88 a coronary talking about leveraging the best allied shipyards in the world, to augment or flagging, fledgling, fleet. At a time when China is out-producing us at 4:1 clip.
I give the Biden admin creditfor trying to getting shipyards up to snuff.
What gets me is why does it take an admin to get the USN to act? This didnt happen overnight.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I give the Biden admin creditfor trying to getting shipyards up to snuff.
What gets me is why does it take an admin to get the USN to act? This didnt happen overnight.
The Soviets breaking up the band, an our leaders declaring a peace dividend, was the worst thing that ever happened to the US Navy.

We’d be riding high with 29 SeaWolfs today…

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
The Soviets breaking up the band, an our leaders declaring a peace dividend, was the worst thing that ever happened to the US Navy.

We’d be riding high with 29 SeaWolfs today…

Like China was never a threat. My fav was that admiral about 15 years ago talking about how they would help the CCP build aircraft carriers.🤡🤡🤡

?

I think the US needs to drop the union only requirement and open up production to non union ship yards. Plus they need to get the admiralty out of the way.

?

I think the US needs to drop the union only requirement and open up production to non union ship yards. Plus they need to get the admiralty out of the way.
We’re in agreement on bringing non-union shops in, and kicking flag officers out of the process.

I would also leverage Japan & South Korea shipbuilding excellence to procure high-end, low-cost surface combatants, in numbers.

Frigates & Destroyers by the bushel.

You’ve balked at that in the past, and maintained shipbuilding should be 100% domestic. Which I agree should be the long term goal.

Reactions: Tnslim1
We’re in agreement on bringing non-union shops in, and kicking flag officers out of the process.

I would also leverage Japan & South Korea shipbuilding excellence to procure high-end, low-cost surface combatants, in numbers.

Frigates & Destroyers by the bushel.

You’ve balked at that in the past, and maintained shipbuilding should 100% domestic. Which I agree should be the long term goal.

Ideally all military hardware should be produced domestically, sadly that's probably not feasible anymore.

Ideally all military hardware should be produced domestically, sadly that's probably not feasible anymore.
That’s what I’ve been trying to say, man.

Even if it was just Frigates, using our allies in Japan & South Korea (who are sworn enemies of China) - it would go a looooong way towards putting boats on the water.

They build quality.
They build fast.
They build cheap.

Flood the Pacific with high-end Missile Frigates. Give China a problem to solve.

moving to AEDC soon.
They used to be a client and they have this massive 50,000HP compressor used for vacuum applications that simulates flight cobditions. Not really sure how it is set up, but golly.
I have worked there twice over the years. You'll be amazed at what the capabilities are at the different test cells!!

‘Burning Through People’: US Navy Considers Drastic Measure Over Manpower Shortage: REPORT​

1724521123686.png

The U.S. Navy is reportedly considering drastic measures to tackle manpower shortage, sources told USNI News.

The Military Sealift Command (MSC) is reportedly facing operational challenges due to a shortage of qualified civilian mariners. This prompted a strategic plan to sideline 17 Navy support ships, USNI News reported, citing three people familiar with deliberations. This proposal, termed as a “force generation reset,” reportedly aims to alleviate the staffing strain by putting two Lewis and Clark-class replenishment ships, one fleet oiler, twelve Spearhead-class Expeditionary Fast Transports (EPF) and two expeditionary sea bases into extended maintenance while reassigning their crews to other vessels.

Towing Company Auctioned Off Servicemember’s Car, DOJ Says​

The Department of Justice (DOJ) has sued a California towing company for allegedly auctioning off a deployed service member’s car without a court order, violating the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.

The DOJ filed a lawsuit against Tony’s Auto Center Inc., a California towing company, accusing it of unlawfully auctioning off a vehicle owned by an active-duty U.S. Navy Lieutenant without obtaining the court order as required by the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), according to a press release.

It’s a shame the amount of people they have pushed out with their wokeness.
Similar thing happened in healthcare with Covid vax.. now they don’t ask or require flu vaccines, Covid vax, nothing where I work for employees .. they are like nope, not doing that again you can come up with Covid vaccine 28 we don’t care 😂 but prior to Covid, they used to pressure you for flu shots every year, now they don’t care, as they shouldn’t

‘Burning Through People’: US Navy Considers Drastic Measure Over Manpower Shortage: REPORT​

View attachment 669982

The U.S. Navy is reportedly considering drastic measures to tackle manpower shortage, sources told USNI News.

The Military Sealift Command (MSC) is reportedly facing operational challenges due to a shortage of qualified civilian mariners. This prompted a strategic plan to sideline 17 Navy support ships, USNI News reported, citing three people familiar with deliberations. This proposal, termed as a “force generation reset,” reportedly aims to alleviate the staffing strain by putting two Lewis and Clark-class replenishment ships, one fleet oiler, twelve Spearhead-class Expeditionary Fast Transports (EPF) and two expeditionary sea bases into extended maintenance while reassigning their crews to other vessels.

“The sailors tend to man our warships … the merchant mariners man something that’s equally important, which is the logistics backbone of the Navy — oilers, ammo ships, transports ships that move the Army and Marine Corps across the water,” Montgomery told Fox.

“Just like 90 percent of trade is done by ships and not aircrafts, the same thing applies at sea: It’s too difficult, too expensive — it’s not sufficient to move all that stuff by aircraft, so it’s moved by ships.”

This needs to be remedied.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

I'm pretty sure one didn't have anything to do with the other... I feel like the "lack of confidence" means the same no matter what service and whatever he did (we'll probably never know) was egregious enough to warrant removal.

If the Navy removed him because of a small arms dumb that resulted in little more than egg on their face, they are the ones losing.

Reactions: Tnslim1
I'm pretty sure one didn't have anything to do with the other... I feel like the "lack of confidence" means the same no matter what service and whatever he did (we'll probably never know) was egregious enough to warrant removal.

If the Navy removed him because of a small arms dumb that resulted in little more than egg on their face, they are the ones losing.

It does seem like the services are firing a lot of Sr leaders here lately. Might be well deserved IDK.

It does seem like the services are firing a lot of Sr leaders here lately. Might be well deserved IDK.

A ship Captain, especially on a combat vessel, likely did something "bad" enough to get dismissed.

Of course, who knows what "bad" means these days in the .mil. He could have not gotten his diversity training done on time for all we know.

Reactions: LadyVolette
@85SugarVol

well this is really bad, disturbing.

Oh come on, she just wanted to check WNBA Scores. Prolly a big Caitlin Clark fan….

1725591812868.png

But seriously, what a dumb fugging b!tch. She set up a homing beacon for an anti-ship missile.

She should be in jail.

How the hell did the Navy not pick up on the frequency and know it was there? Just pitiful.

VN Store

Back