UT is #2 seed in Midwest, play St Peters Thurs 9:20pm (TNT) in Charlotte

LOL OMG ESPN's post-bracket breakdown show was great. Waited 15 minutes for them to get to the Midwest region, and -

"Purdue's draw is definitely the easiest of any of the #1 seeds."
"I like Purdue's draw a lot."
"Zach Edey is the obvious national player of the year."

Then they went to the bottom half of the bracket, spent enough time to point out that Rick Barnes was from Hickory, North Carolina, which is near Charlotte, and then spent the rest of the segment glowing up Creighton as the biggest threat in the bottom half of the bracket. Reece Davis tried to bring up Tennessee, and both Seth and Jay ignored his comment and kept right on talking about Purdue and their ability to win it all.

Never change, ESPN. Never change.

A nice thread breaking down St. Peter’s. They actually are not a great matchup for us with style of play. They are a low-possession team and they are great on the offensive glass. The flip side is they are small in the frontcourt. Aidoo has to show up.

Sounds like A&M

A nice thread breaking down St. Peter’s. They actually are not a great matchup for us with style of play. They are a low-possession team and they are great on the offensive glass. The flip side is they are small in the frontcourt. Aidoo has to show up.

I’d like to see both Aidoo & Awaka together on the floor for extended minutes. I think they can get their bigs in foul trouble easily.

They're pretty small. Not sure they'll want to be crashing the glass and letting us run

Remember, it’s a coincidence that they play Zeiglers brother round 1 and maybe Barnes old team and the guy he hired and mentored at Texas in round 2. The committee doesn’t make these pairings based on good TV/storylines, they tell us . Total coincidence. I’m not sure why they arent just honest about it.

LOL OMG ESPN's post-bracket breakdown show was great. Waited 15 minutes for them to get to the Midwest region, and -

Then they went to the bottom half of the bracket, spent enough time to point out that Rick Barnes was from Hickory, North Carolina, which is near Charlotte, and then spent the rest of the segment glowing up Creighton as the biggest threat in the bottom half of the bracket. Reece Davis tried to bring up Tennessee, and both Seth and Jay ignored his comment and kept right on talking about Purdue and their ability to win it all.

We had a chance to change the narrative (twice!!) and we folded like a cheap tent.

Last edited:

But, our play the last two games is not exactly inspiring confidence that this team has a deep run in them.

Reactions: volfeeva

So the question will be have they or can they keep possession with our on ball defense on them all the time. Santi might set a steals record.

Remember, it’s a coincidence that they play Zeiglers brother round 1 and maybe Barnes old team and the guy he hired and mentored at Texas in round 2. The committee doesn’t make these pairings based on good TV/storylines, they tell us . Total coincidence. I’m not sure why they arent just honest about it.
Makes for good TV/Ratings!

Don’t tell that to VolCalls.

I thought they were being honest with their assessments. Tenn has not played good or consistent of late and our track record in the tourney can't be ignored. I felt as they went around each regional, they were pretty honest and on par with how I felt...they were reluctant to pick a winner and spent time on decent teams that could win. My take from what they said is this whole tournament is wide open because of parity. My problem with the Vols is you never know what team is going to show up

Rooting for Virginia. They would be a great matchup for us. They are far worse than us at scoring the basketball. We could have an off night shooting and still possibly win.

On the other note, I truly hope we aren’t one of the gams’s in the work day. So annoying for the biggest event of the year to be unwatchable.
That’s exactly why I scheduled my PTO over a month ago for Thursday and Friday. No way I’m missing this part of the season.

Why do people think Kentucky has a cakewalk to the Elite 8? The way their defense is playing, they could lose to just about anyone.
Kentucky is similar to Tenn because you don't know which team is going to show up. If they come out hot and make some 3's like they did last game with us, they can be hard to beat. Same thing for UT

VN Store

Back