UT is #2 seed in Midwest, play St Peters Thurs 9:20pm (TNT) in Charlotte

Bracket is as good as can be hoped for. Nobody in our path that plays physical AND has size to cause us problems except Texas (not a bad matchup, though) and Purdue.

Most of the teams in our bracket should only require a solid showing to beat and I think we can outscore Purdue if we play like we did in multiple games this year, if Purdue even makes it

They're pretty small. Not sure they'll want to be crashing the glass and letting us run
Well remember what FAU did to us last year. They were quicker to every ball not made. We had huge advantage in size department besides their one big white guy. The other guys nabbed the rebounds and sent it in transition.

So hypothetical between Co State, UVA and Texas, who do you think we match up with best? I’ve watched bits and pieces of Texas and UVA this year.

Was supposed to play them in 2022 before they lost to Michigan.

I remember CSU had a late 2nd round NBA draft prospect. This guy was fat (David Roddy) and Michigan stopped him and them pretty easy.

Karma hit when Michigan best us and the late 2nd round draft pick that couldn't do anything against a P5 team was picked in the first round by the Grizzlies...
19 points, 9 assists (3 TOs) is nothing?

LOL OMG ESPN's post-bracket breakdown show was great. Waited 15 minutes for them to get to the Midwest region, and -

"Purdue's draw is definitely the easiest of any of the #1 seeds."
"I like Purdue's draw a lot."
"Zach Edey is the obvious national player of the year."

Then they went to the bottom half of the bracket, spent enough time to point out that Rick Barnes was from Hickory, North Carolina, which is near Charlotte, and then spent the rest of the segment glowing up Creighton as the biggest threat in the bottom half of the bracket. Reece Davis tried to bring up Tennessee, and both Seth and Jay ignored his comment and kept right on talking about Purdue and their ability to win it all.

Never change, ESPN. Never change.
Well gee whiz, a talking head didnt pick us to win it all. We might as well not show up. You must live a pretty pathetic life.

You can’t be a Cinderella twice. St Peter’s’ secret is out. Vols will be ready. The hunger will reach a fever pitch after that performance in Nashville.
I hope so but with this team who knows and they play down to their competition a lot.

Do the board monitors use different screen names to post comments to stir the pot? That has to be the case to help increase the thread volume. If not, then there are a lot of trolls or miserable people on this board.

I don’t foresee us having any issues with St. Peter’s. Barnes has probably been rubbing the team’s face in the MSU tape, so they’ll hungry to obliterate someone. The round of 32 game is concerning to me, though, just because of some of the issues we’ve had in that round. If we get past that, it’s on like donkey Kong and all bets are off.

LOL OMG ESPN's post-bracket breakdown show was great. Waited 15 minutes for them to get to the Midwest region, and -

"Purdue's draw is definitely the easiest of any of the #1 seeds."
"I like Purdue's draw a lot."
"Zach Edey is the obvious national player of the year."

Then they went to the bottom half of the bracket, spent enough time to point out that Rick Barnes was from Hickory, North Carolina, which is near Charlotte, and then spent the rest of the segment glowing up Creighton as the biggest threat in the bottom half of the bracket. Reece Davis tried to bring up Tennessee, and both Seth and Jay ignored his comment and kept right on talking about Purdue and their ability to win it all.

Never change, ESPN. Never change.

To be fair, we probably should be written off with the last 2 games but I think this bracket is nice for Tennessee. We will see.

Purdue will have a major headache if Kansas gets to the Sweet 16. I think Kansas can beat them.

VN Store

Back