Vaccine or not?

I hurt for any family with dying loved ones at this time for any reason. Hope this current uptick abates fast because the memorials are so important for people to have a chance to reminisce and say goodbye. Plus, if you have a giant-ass hillbilly family like me there's a lot of cousins I only catch up with when there is a funeral. Some of them I haven't even heard cuss Jeremy Pruitt over a swig of something too strong for human consumption.

@Impossible Girl How did your infusion go?
Had the infusion. Was feeling remarkably well that morning. It’s been up and down since. Lost my smell and most of my taste afterwards. Fever has stayed low for the most part.

The lingering brain fog is probably the worst. I can barely differentiate one day from the next.
Thankfully, I’ve not had any breathing issues and O2 levels have remained normal.

Reactions: AM64
Chattanooga real estate value grew consistently at inflation rate over the last 25 years. The value of chattanooga real estate has increased 38% in the last year and a half. I’m sure the pandemic and the state of Tennessee’s reaction too ot has nothing to do with the sudden spike.
I have no idea whether the pandemic has had an effect and not saying it hasn’t but part of it is crazy low interest rates and high cost to build new due to lumber, IMO.

The market is taking advantage of increased buying power and decreases supply.

Sigh.

Qualities & Characteristics of a Cult | Cult Research

• The group displays an excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader, and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.
  • Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.
  • Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, or debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).
  • The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (e.g., members must get permission to date, change jobs, or marry—or leaders prescribe what to wear, where to live, whether to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).
  • The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s), and its members (e.g., the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar—or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity).
  • The group has a polarized, us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.
  • The leader is not accountable to any authorities (unlike, for example, teachers, military commanders, or ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream religious denominations).
  • The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members participating in behaviors or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (e.g., lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities).
  • The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt in order to influence and control members. Often this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.
  • Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.
  • The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.
  • The group is preoccupied with making money.
  • Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.
  • Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.
  • The most loyal members (the “true believers”) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave—or even consider leaving—the group.
That is actually exactly what goes on with Fauci/government.

I am not calling it a cult. But it at least quacks like a cult based on your own post.

Reactions: VolStrom
All the liberals moving in.

Saner folk running from the Left Coast? That's probably optimistic but I'll throw in a Tom Petty parody anyway since it popped into my head as I pondered the migrations going on right now.

You see, you don't have
To flee like a left-ugee,
you don't have to flee like a left-ugee.

Somewhere, somehow, somebody
Must have rioted around you some
Now tell me why you got move in
Up on Signal Mountain

Reactions: AM64
I have no idea whether the pandemic has had an effect and not saying it hasn’t but part of it is crazy low interest rates and high cost to build new due to lumber, IMO.

The market is taking advantage of increased buying power and decreases supply.

New starts in chattanooga have been unaffected by the lumber crap. Pratt home builders built 360 homes in chattanooga in 2020. They are on pace to beat that in 2021. Bell development is also cranking them out. GT has a waiting list and all the individual builders are booked for the next 2 years. I have not built houses in a long time and people are begging me to build. I have contracts for addition, kitchen, bathroom ect signed through may. Not agreements…signed contracts. Chattanooga real estate is blowing the **** up with no end in site. There are currently very few homes for sale in chattanooga and the ones that go on the market sell in hours unsee and over asking. It’s the craziest **** I’ve seen in my 30 years of building stuff.

edit: @RockyTop85 I do not believe the pandemic has very much to do with the real estate in chattanooga. I was joking earlier.

Last edited:
May God be with you.
True story.
I got back from shooting skeet. Got out of the truck and put the 12 gauge over my shoulder and went to the mailbox. The new neighbors from New York were leaving so I waved without really looking up. They stopped in the street and said “hi we’re the *******, and clearly we’re not in New York anymore “ I turned and smiled and said “ is it the shotgun that’s different?” And he said “ well, yes, but it’s more that our neighbors in New York never once waved or said hi”.

Since then I’ve gotten him shooting, helped him pick out his skeet gun and had them to dinner several times. So of those guys moving down here are alright in my book.

VN Store

Back