Vaccine or not?

Kudos to the department of health with these updates. 1021 current hospitalizations for covid in tennessee on July 29th and since vaccines rollout only 218 total cases of hospitalized breakthrough infections in vaccinated all-time in tennessee. Breakthrough deaths remain unchanged over the past week. Really strong evidence of vaccine protection with delta. Hopefully hospitalizations start to go down.

How come leftists ignore their love affair with Darwin with regards to the virus? Wouldn't vaccines cause only the strong to survive, and therefore the more infectious or dangerous strains/ mutations be the ones to survive?

Reactions: whodeycin85
Kudos to the department of health with these updates. 1021 current hospitalizations for covid in tennessee on July 29th and since vaccines rollout only 218 total cases of hospitalized breakthrough infections in vaccinated all-time in tennessee. Breakthrough deaths remain unchanged over the past week. Really strong evidence of vaccine protection with delta. Hopefully hospitalizations start to go down.
Mutations generally become more contagious but less deadly...so without knowing how many vaxed have been reinfected its difficult to make a strong case...is it that delta is less deadly or the vax if saving lives while not slowing infections rates

FYI (on the hospital/ICU data): there is a never-seen-before level of other respiratory illnesses circulating this summer, which likely accounts for a good chunk of hospital admits. Children's has looked like a typical December/January for the past couple months.

Reactions: jp1
I agree, but clearly the rest of TN is fine...and those to cities have issues

Could be or could be outbreaks roll first in places with a higher population density or it could be that the most seriously ill people are moved to hospitals with the best treatment facilities. The top trauma facilities are in the largest TN cities, for example. Hamilton Co statistics show a number of patients in Chattanooga hospitals aren't from Hamilton Co. Again it's a numbers game with no clear meaning to the numbers and no reliable method to acquire data so people postulate whatever they want or what meets an agenda with flawed data.

Reactions: ENGRVOL
Mutations generally become more contagious but less deadly...so without knowing how many vaxed have been reinfected its difficult to make a strong case...is it that delta is less deadly or the vax if saving lives while not slowing infections rates
Regardless if delta is less deadly (which the cdc says it is not) we have 1021 hospitalized patients in the state with 97% of them as of the 24th of July unvaccinated in a state where approximately 40% are fully vaccinated with delta as the predominant variant in the US now. Its okay for people to be skeptical about vaccines but don’t know what stronger evidence people would like to see on Covid vaccine preventing severe disease (hospitalization).

Reactions: AM64 and ohhbother
Could be or could be outbreaks roll first in places with a higher population density or it could be that the most seriously ill people are moved to hospitals with the best treatment facilities. The top trauma facilities are in the largest TN cities, for example. Hamilton Co statistics show a number of patients in Chattanooga hospitals aren't from Hamilton Co. Again it's a numbers game with no clear meaning to the numbers and no reliable method to acquire data so people postulate whatever they want or what meets an agenda with flawed data.
I agree. Explain this info from the that posters link...vanderbilt hospital in Nashville show 93.6 beds used. But a 7 day average of 23.5 covid patients hospitalized and a sum of 9 admitted the last 7 days.... so does that mean they admitted 9 covid patients and avg 23.5 a rolling 7 day???

Regardless if delta is less deadly (which the cdc says it is not) we have 1021 hospitalized patients in the state with 97% of them as of the 24th of July unvaccinated in a state where approximately 40% are fully vaccinated with delta as the predominant variant in the US now. Its okay for people to be skeptical about vaccines but don’t know what stronger evidence people would like to see on Covid vaccine preventing severe disease (hospitalization).
The little outbreak where vaxed hospitalized @ 74% or other countries that are showing that its effecting people At similar rates... coupled with CDC stopping counting infected vaxed ppl... so let's say infected re-infection for vaxed was possibly 100%... they a person under 60 would have the same chance at death vaxed or in vaxed. Or within a last 1% or less....

Hate to break this to you, but it is a known fact that the northerners have been moving south, especially Florida, for the last couple of generations, and it isn't for the politics. Dream on....
At a stable rate, usually retirement. That's not the case right now. Families are moving, single people are moving. Florida has blown up and it's obvious why.

Reactions: AM64
FYI (on the hospital/ICU data): there is a never-seen-before level of other respiratory illnesses circulating this summer, which likely accounts for a good chunk of hospital admits. Children's has looked like a typical December/January for the past couple months.

Awful. Turning children into cave dwellers was never a good decision.

Reactions: kiddiedoc

I'm only finding this on the whackado crazy partisan playground pages.

And the superintendent is giving them the option of yellow. Why yellow? Because it requires the least revision of other colors to keep the information visible while still being visible from a distance.

I swear, some of these sites cater to people who are afraid of their own shadows.

Maybe we should just outlaw the color yellow since any mention of it automatically triggers a Godwin's Law infraction.

I'm only finding this on the whackado crazy partisan playground pages.

And the superintendent is giving them the option of yellow. Why yellow? Because it requires the least revision of other colors to keep the information visible while still being visible from a distance.

I swear, some of these sites cater to people who are afraid of their own shadows.
The point is that the people are getting segregated.

Would it be better if they just placed a mark on their hand or forehead?

The point is that the people are getting segregated.

Would it be better if they just placed a mark on their hand or forehead?

Option. Choice. Freedom. Not required.

I promise you, my response would be very different if this were mandatory for all vaccinated or unvaccinated employees or students.

Got anything to back that up? As far as I know it is just more transmitable, not more serious or deadly.
1) The Doctor's opinion

2) I'm already recovering pretty well. The symptoms set on about sunday night. Got tested Tuesday morning. It's Saturday, and I can almost do my regular cardio workout.

Also, it IS possible I was one of those people that built up somewhat of natural immunity to it in 2020? But that was an older strain, and I never got tested for Covid then. But i'm pretty sure I had caught it.- a bunch of unknowns with this part of info, but I thought i'd add it anyway.

So the 3 months before I caught the Delta Variant, the vaccine literally did almost nothing to me.
And I do believe the Dr.s are right.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
I agree. Explain this info from the that posters link...vanderbilt hospital in Nashville show 93.6 beds used. But a 7 day average of 23.5 covid patients hospitalized and a sum of 9 admitted the last 7 days.... so does that mean they admitted 9 covid patients and avg 23.5 a rolling 7 day???

Did I mention people writing news accounts are even less coherent and reliable than the people playing with the numbers? Never trust a reporter or article written by a reporter if it is in any way connected to scientific inquiry.

It’s really sad that people are made to feel embarrassed about getting the vaccine, that they are letting their family down.
Such backwards thinking.

View attachment 383878

What’s equally embarrassing is those who are being treated as scum of humanity and possibly murderers because they choose not to be experimented on.

So I was vaccinated 3 months ago. Was minimal side effects.

Recently I went and got tested for Covid-19 and it turns out I still contracted the virus.
The Delta Variant.
Doctors told me my symptoms would have been a lot worse had I not been vaccinated.

So to the original original question. Vaxed or not. I would say yes. Get the vaccine.
How did they know it was the Delta variant?

RSV and Rhino/Entero has been crazy the past month or so.

VN Store

Back