Vaccine or not?

True story.
I got back from shooting skeet. Got out of the truck and put the 12 gauge over my shoulder and went to the mailbox. The new neighbors from New York were leaving so I waved without really looking up. They stopped in the street and said “hi we’re the *******, and clearly we’re not in New York anymore “ I turned and smiled and said “ is it the shotgun that’s different?” And he said “ well, yes, but it’s more that our neighbors in New York never once waved or said hi”.

Since then I’ve gotten him shooting, helped him pick out his skeet gun and had them to dinner several times. So of those guys moving down here are alright in my book.
Hopefully the left their idiotic politics in NY though... if they had any.

And remember, there is never an inopportune time to yell "Yankees suck"! ESPECIALLY in baseball season.

True story.
I got back from shooting skeet. Got out of the truck and put the 12 gauge over my shoulder and went to the mailbox. The new neighbors from New York were leaving so I waved without really looking up. They stopped in the street and said “hi we’re the *******, and clearly we’re not in New York anymore “ I turned and smiled and said “ is it the shotgun that’s different?” And he said “ well, yes, but it’s more that our neighbors in New York never once waved or said hi”.

Since then I’ve gotten him shooting, helped him pick out his skeet gun and had them to dinner several times. So of those guys moving down here are alright in my book.

Southern Hospitality and just general humanity. Good job man

True story.

There's more country folks in NY than many realize. There's a lot more to NY than the city

True story.

What kind of skeet gun? (Feel free to @ me in the zone if you don't want to derail the thread).

Reactions: Orangeslice13
New starts in chattanooga have been unaffected by the lumber crap. Pratt home builders built 360 homes in chattanooga in 2020. They are on pace to beat that in 2021. Bell development is also cranking them out. GT has a waiting list and all the individual builders are booked for the next 2 years. I have not built houses in a long time and people are begging me to build. I have contracts for addition, kitchen, bathroom ect signed through may. Not agreements…signed contracts. Chattanooga real estate is blowing the **** up with no end in site. There are currently very few homes for sale in chattanooga and the ones that go on the market sell in hours unsee and over asking. It’s the craziest **** I’ve seen in my 30 years of building stuff.

edit: @RockyTop85 I do not believe the pandemic has very much to do with the real estate in chattanooga. I was joking earlier.
I knew there wasn’t much out there but didn’t know there was still so much new construction going up.

This guy I know quit his practice, sold his house in Red Bank, and moved out of state 3 years ago. He figures the increase in value on the house would have almost covered the increase in salary if they’d stayed. 😂

Yikes? 10 people a day dying of something, is hardly a "yikes" in the big picture.
I’m confused, I thought we stopped counting cases on March 7th? Nevermind, I forgot we have a border crisis and an “infrastructure” bill, that’ll push the national debt further above GDP, that we need to be distracted from; therefore, Covid is back in full force.

Reactions: AM64 and allvol123

VN Store

Back