Vaccine or not?

We'll agree to disagree. Personally, I think getting covid is too much a roll of the dice. Covid has killed going on 700k in the US. The vaccine has killed almost no one and caused treatable heart inflammation in some. Seems to me the choice is obvious.
So is heart disease. Every year. For years long after this ******** is a distant memory.

I beat the China Flu once. I don't need to beat some manufactured malady.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
The national guard was requested to save $ for staffing shortages

So next time I dont want to pay more staff to deal with the workload it's okay if I call in the national guard?

Edit: I also want to ask a question because a lot of people say covid is no bigger deal than a cold or flu outbreak. How often has a cold or flu outbreak put such a strain on hospitals that they have to call in the NG to save $ for staffing shortages?

Last edited:
So next time I dont want to pay more staff to deal with the workload it's okay if I call in the national guard?

Edit: I also want to ask a question because a lot of people say covid is no bigger deal than a cold or flu outbreak. How often has a cold or flu outbreak put such a strain on hospitals that they have to call in the NG to save $ for staffing shortages?
They are using covid as a reason. Check out the issues hospital systems have with travel nurses via regular nurses and the costs and hurt feelings involved. It’s more complex than you think

The strain is because of the attitudes of so many people. Your local restaurant isnt understaffed because of covid cases, it is understaffed because of the reaction to covid.

It translates across all industries, healthcare included.

They are using covid as a reason. Check out the issues hospital systems have with travel nurses via regular nurses and the costs and hurt feelings involved. It’s more complex than you think
So we have less nurses than we used to, or they can't find nurses to fill the increased demand??

The travel nurse issue seems kind of esoteric for the google machine. All I could find were some articles about bonuses for travel nurses. If hospitals are not really overwhelmed and calling in the NG because of nurses' hurt feels and the fact they don't want to pay to keep fully staffed, it needs to be investigated and they need to pay for the NG deployment.

The strain is because of the attitudes of so many people. Your local restaurant isnt understaffed because of covid cases, it is understaffed because of the reaction to covid.

It translates across all industries, healthcare included.

Seems like most of TN has been running full steam ahead for awhile. Also, are you saying that hospitals are like restaurants and people go to them both for entertainment/recreational/retail purposes? Restaurants probably lost customers to the pandemic, but hospitals probably gained them.

Seems like most of TN has been running full steam ahead for awhile. Also, are you saying that hospitals are like restaurants and people go to them both for entertainment/recreational/retail purposes? Restaurants probably lost customers to the pandemic, but hospitals probably gained them.

No, it hasnt. I go thru restaurants operating drive thru only because of understaffing. I ride thru an industrial park where every business has help wanted signs up, everyday.

Second part, lol, good grief.

No, it hasnt. I go thru restaurants operating drive thru only because of understaffing. I ride thru an industrial park where every business has help wanted signs up, everyday.

Second part, lol, good grief.

Are there a lot of unemployed nurses sitting around TN? Do you have any numbers backing that up? Or just stories about the chik-fil-a and the industrial park?

Reactions: Tyler Durden
Hospitals gained customers and income..oh my.
I dont have a problem with that... it kind of proves my point. Either covid is worse than the typicsl cold or a flu season and is straining the system or the hospitals are too cheap to adequately staff and we're paying the NG for them.

So we have less nurses than we used to, or they can't find nurses to fill the increased demand??

The travel nurse issue seems kind of esoteric for the google machine. All I could find were some articles about bonuses for travel nurses. If hospitals are not really overwhelmed and calling in the NG because of nurses' hurt feels and the fact they don't want to pay to keep fully staffed, it needs to be investigated and they need to pay for the NG deployment.
Lol good luck with that. They are trying to avoid paying contract departments extra for budget reasons. It’s dumb that the NG allows themselves to be prostituted

Look on job search sites I think he is right

I take it you've looked. Were you in the market to hire a nurse? Are a lot of TN nurses looking for jobs? How many? What type of nurses, the ones that would work in an ICU? What job search sites? How many of those resumes are from people that have found a job and haven't removed the resume?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back