Vanderbilt Pediatric Transgender Clinic Nukes Website

I knew eventually you’d come back around to that . I’ll answer your question then you answer mine . Of course they should it’s their child and as their parent , mentor , guide , teacher and supporter you should be able to do this . My local holistic Dr and I have come up with what we think is the best way to stop my 13 year old from acting gay , locking him in the closet until he starts to “ act right “ seems to be working , should I keep doing this or will our actions harm him down the road ?

I mean, gay conversion therapy is still allowed in some states despite its harmful effects on children, but people on here would be all for that as long as it’s run by a Christian organization.

Pediatric just refers to anyone under 18. A 17 year old could still be considered a pediatric patient.

Correct .. anyone under 18 and we are talking about blocking hormones and doing surgery to make prepubescent children “feel better “ . Do you have kids ?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I mean, gay conversion therapy is still allowed in some states despite its harmful effects on children, but people on here would be all for that as long as it’s run by a Christian organization.

You didn’t answer my question . You deflected

That’s not at all what’s happening. Parents aren’t forcing their children to do anything.

So you think families shouldn’t be able to make informed medical decisions on elective procedures for themselves?

Anybody who supports this practice in any way is simply an evil human. Yes, I am talking to you.

You’re question was dumb. Your example is illegal and as far as I know, patients at this clinic and their families have broken no laws.

That’s what I thought . You love to ask question you think will get the response you want but any question you know will blow up your talking point is just too dumb to answer .

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
That’s what I thought . You love to ask question you think will get the response you want but any question you know will blow up your talking point is just too dumb to answer .

Was I wrong? What state or federal laws are being broken at this clinic?

Was I wrong? What state or federal laws are being broken at this clinic?

When you start answering my questions I’ll answer yours . Should I as a parent with the guidance of my Dr. Not be allowed to put my child in a closet to correct an issue ? There’s no physical harm , I’m still feeding him , giving him water , checking in on him , making sure he isn’t in any danger .

So you are for gay conversion therapy?

There’s not an adult in here that doesn’t know what they are doing is creating a bunch of Frankenstein’s monsters down the road when they start messing with , adjusting or for god sakes , blocking kids hormones all together , and that’s not even talking about disfigurement. Child abuse laws are in place for one reason only , to protect a minor that isn’t capable of protecting themselves and a lot of times “ from themselves “ . That’s physically and mentally . How did we get to the point as a society where cutting a minor girls breasts off or cutting a minor boys dck off while blocking hormones is thought to be the solution to any social acceptance issue ? ****** psychos .

Anyone that is in any way in favor of this either passively or aggressively is on the wrong side of the issue.
I’ve worked in and around surgery for over 20 years. Surgery is normally the last option. It is chosen after many other options have been exhausted. It is permanent. Most of the time it is non reversible. Many surgeons advise parents to wait until the child is older to have the operation that they need.

This gender reassignment sub specialty is not practicing in a normal appropriate way. It is pushing something that shouldn’t be pushed. It should be heavily scrutinized.

The easy way out is to say no laws are being broken. I’m not so sure that is correct.

Dude…that’s a damn lie.

Same here. If a 13yo and their parents can't legally decide to let them have a beer HTF can they legally decide to have a sec change surgery?

Perhaps more relevant - how can a 13 yo legally decide to have a sex change surgery when they cannot legally decide to have sex? If they, in consultation with their parents, CAN decide that, why would it not be legal for a parent to allow a much older man to have sex with their 13 yo daughter?

The physicians who are involved in this should have their medical license revoked. TN should seriously have the state medical board revoke them. At a minimum, this violates the Hippocratic oath.

Perhaps more relevant - how can a 13 yo legally decide to have a sex change surgery when they cannot legally decide to have sex? If they, in consultation with their parents, CAN decide that, why would it not be legal for a parent to allow a much older man to have sex with their 13 yo daughter?

The physicians who are involved in this should have their medical license revoked. TN should seriously have the state medical board revoke them. At a minimum, this violates the Hippocratic oath.

Excellent point.

Is it? I was unaware. I wouldn't support that for minors in any circumstance. Don't think anyone should do it but if you volunteer as an adult so be it.

Likewise, performing genital altering surgery on kids as young as 13 is something I cannot support.

I wouldn't go this far. I believe it's a policy decision made by the healthcare organization - that's where I'd put the pressure.

WRT Hippocratic Oath I think at this point we just don't know - the science hasn't shown if this is indeed in the best interest of the patient (and that's a big part of the problem - it's not been vetted the way other medical procedures have). I have no doubt the clinicians involved "believe" it's in the best interest of the patient but that doesn't mean it is.

VN Store

Back