Vols Picked to finish 5TH in the East

It's total BS. When was the last time the experts were right about anything? I can't believe you listen to that crap. We have a team that is every bit as talented and experienced as any other team in college football or the SEC. I don't see any difference between Tennessee and LSU this year. Try opening your eyes instead of listening to the background noise.

Just listened to Nicky Saban at media days. He busted their asses about not being about to make any predictions right. The media is 4-17 in picking the SEC champion the last 21 years. :blink: 4-17 people. The media has NO IDEA what they are talking about, they are called "talking heads" for a reason.
What the?

I know about ifs and buts and all but when we lost to USCe, Ga., and Missouri the way we did I thought we were cursed. God works in mysterious ways. If we won those games and go 8-4 we still have dooley and CBJ goes somewhere else. This is the year we get over the hump.

I'm sure how UT football turns out is #1 on God's list.

Reactions: 1 person
UT lost by a field goal to USCe, and only lost by a TD to UGA, yet UGA got blown out by USCe.

The transitive property has never applied to college football, and it never will.

Yet it won't stop people from using it over and over and over.

Vol optimists are whistling past the graveyard. First, the defense should be better than last year--but that is only saying that we won't have the worst defense in modern UT history again. That doesn't mean the defense will be good--and in fact, the best we can hope for is OK, decent, mediocre. Our DL is average, and our LB and DB units are weak. On offense, we have an experienced OL, which is nice, and a couple of experienced backs. But that's the end of the good news. Our passing game might be terrible as we will have a QB with little experience and WRs with even less. Mark it: Teams will stack their D against our run game and dare our QB/Wrs to beat them. That's going to be a problem--especially because some of our receivers didn't even play in the spring.

Your common sense and realistic expectations are not appreciated here!

Reactions: 2 people
I think most realistic ppl understand that we shouldnt expect to compete with the LSUs and Bamas of the world.

I understand you don't want to get your hopes up but just hope our players are not "realistic". You don't have to be better than Alabama to beat them. You just have to out play them for 60 minutes one Saturday in October. If you think you can or if you think you can't ...either way you are right.

Can't blame them for picking us 5th. Too many posters are looking at us with orange sunglasses. We have to earn our stripes before we're ranked higher

I think most realistic ppl understand that we shouldnt expect to compete with the LSUs and Bamas of the world.

I understand you don't want to get your hopes up but just hope our players are not "realistic". You don't have to be better than Alabama to beat them. You just have to out play them for 60 minutes one Saturday in October. If you think you can or if you think you can't ...either way you are right.

Oh shut up cliche guy. Which management book did you read that in?

No seriously....Did they mean we are going to be the 5th Sec east team to spank Candybilt? im confused.

I don't see UGA finishing #1... they'll underperform, IMO. I look for us to finish anywhere between 2nd (with a lot of great play and some luck) and 4th. No lower than 4th though.

I think if a few things fall our way we will finish 4th hell who knows maybe 3rd.I don't see us playing no worse then we did the last few years, all ya can do is take it one game at a time.

Tennessee will not finish the season at 5th in the east. we will not lose to vandy we will beat either SC or UGA this year, Tennessee will finish no worse than 4th in the east and possibly 3rd.

It's total BS. When was the last time the experts were right about anything? I can't believe you listen to that crap. We have a team that is every bit as talented and experienced as any other team in college football or the SEC. I don't see any difference between Tennessee and LSU this year. Try opening your eyes instead of listening to the background noise.

Just listened to Nicky Saban at media days. He busted their asses about not being about to make any predictions right. The media is 4-17 in picking the SEC champion the last 21 years. :blink: 4-17 people. The media has NO IDEA what they are talking about, they are called "talking heads" for a reason.

Dude! WTF?? Just try being a little realistic.

I predict Tennessee shocks the world and finishes 1st in the SEC, wins the SEC championship game, and goes to the National Championship bowl game. However, they get lost on their way to the NC title game and accidentally wind up at the Denny's parking lot in Hoover, Montana; where, as bad luck would have it, are faced with a deadly pack of Grizzly bears. Butch Jones fends off a few but not before losing his left pinky finger. The team is eventually saved when Tiny gets hungry and eats the bears.

Not to be discouraged by the bear attack they decide to hike their way to Sturgis, SD and join up with a biker gang called the Sons of Anarchy. They live their lives in a close-knit group of outlaws for a few years before eventually having to disband because of the dangerous life and the many close run-ins with the law.

They decide to escape their previous lives as a criminal biker club by signing up with the US military as a crack commando unit and are sent to Afghanistan to fight the insurgents. Unfortunately they are sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The Vols-Team.

I dunno. I could be wrong. Maybe they do wind up 5th.

I say we finish fourth. No way Vandy finish above us this year.

On another note, my oh my how things have changed at Arkansas. A year ago they looked primed for another great season. Wow.

Reactions: 2 people
Vol optimists are whistling past the graveyard. First, the defense should be better than last year--but that is only saying that we won't have the worst defense in modern UT history again. That doesn't mean the defense will be good--and in fact, the best we can hope for is OK, decent, mediocre. Our DL is average, and our LB and DB units are weak. On offense, we have an experienced OL, which is nice, and a couple of experienced backs. But that's the end of the good news. Our passing game might be terrible as we will have a QB with little experience and WRs with even less. Mark it: Teams will stack their D against our run game and dare our QB/Wrs to beat them. That's going to be a problem--especially because some of our receivers didn't even play in the spring.

cant argue this. our hope on defense is in moving back to a more suitable scheme and the horrible coaching. on offense, its hope that a solid run game and a stacked box might help a group of young receivers. given the the system utilizes quick, short passes, we may be able to pick defenses apart until they respect the pass. we HAVE good wide receivers.

On another note, my oh my how things have changed at Arkansas. A year ago they looked primed for another great season. Wow.

Maybe 16 months ago. But by this time a year ago, I think most intelligent observers saw disaster coming with Johnelle "Get Your Piss Hot" Smith at the helm.

VN Store

Back