VP debate 2024

I doubt it does that. He was better than Walz but he spoke much more to base than voters that are undecided.....

You can't make this argument about anyone. You seem to be suggesting people pull a John Kerry, lie and change your position based on what people want to hear. I think this debate allowed the candidates to be the spokespersons for their message. One was able to clearly communicate it with effective accuracy while the other one stumbled over and over with a goon look on his face.

Reactions: DC_Vol
You saw something different in the debate than I did. For instance,Vance explanation on abortion was threading the needle with those independents. For your argument they focused the debate on 80% there is a counter argument the debate was focused on the few undecided voters on the fence.

You are seeing it through a right wing lens. Take his response to 2020 election. He could have made comment towards independent voters. But he went to right wing fringe.

Abortion is a losing issue for Rs with independents. Vance has enough prior comments on it that his response last night carried no weight. Decent response but empty words...

Reactions: Sin City Vol

Mike Lee is impressive as always. A Constitutional scholar who calls himself a Conservative rather than a Republican despite having an R next to his name. Much respect to him. I just finished this on my commute.

Sounds like Mr. Tampon got tarred and feathered predictably last night. Vance is impressive as well with his recall/intellect. When contrasted with a total boob in a debate its almost unfair...despite the fact Vance was outnumbered 3 to 1 from the jump. These debate hosts are shameless, to be so obviously complicit with the Marxists is appalling.

You can't make this argument about anyone. You seem to be suggesting people pull a John Kerry, lie and change your position based on what people want to hear. I think this debate allowed the candidates to be the spokespersons for their message. One was able to clearly communicate it with effective accuracy while the other one stumbled over and over with a goon look on his face.

Ive stated Vance won last night. I just think he hasnt brought anything to Trump campaign. Trump went from 70% betting chance to win on 7/15 when Vance was picked to 45-50% chance now.

Kamala probably wins if she had chose Shapiro but the Hamas faction in her party wouldnt allow that...

Reactions: 85SugarVol
I don't think it really matters. Unlike some of our friends here, I don't think a defeat or victory of VP debate makes a difference in the election.

With that said, much of the media and D operatives have communicated that Vance was better in the debate.
One of the only times in my lifetime that a VP pick or debate buried a candidate, was Palin.

You are seeing it through a right wing lens. Take his response to 2020 election. He could have made comment towards independent voters. But he went to right wing fringe.

Abortion is a losing issue for Rs with independents. Vance has enough prior comments on it that his response last night carried no weight. Decent response but empty words...
So at this point aren't all their words empty words?

As an educator, football coach he knows everyday Americans and thier hopes,desires,problems (you cannot possibly say that about djt) He served as a member of congress for three terms,he knows how the government works.
As 2 term governor he knows how to run an administration
I don't find someone knowing my hopes, desires and problems as a qualification. I do appreciate people having empathy for others, but it isn't determinative to me.

As for Walz' time in Congress, I agree he has experience in office but experience =/= policy or accomplishments. It just means he has been elected to office. I haven't been given a single accomplishment he actually spearheaded or achieved that makes me consider him worthy to be 1st in line succession to the presidency.

A Governor? O.K., I admit I like voting for governors. Executive experience is can be worthwhile. It also provides a record of how a leader performs when in the crucible. I think Walz had significant failures during his terms as governor, but I would hope he would have learned from those - specifically his failures as a leader during the summer riots. ('Cuz I don't see us getting better as a nation.)

I guess I am saying that I still don't see where Walz has policy or accomplishments to stand on. You did provide examples of his experience, and I find that to be relevant also, I am just not sure the experience you cited gives me confidence in Walz to be an effective leader.

Regardless of our different assessment of Walz, I do sincerely appreciate your response to my post, and I respect that you did it without the vitriol that often manifests here on the board when we discuss these issues. Thank you.

I guess I land here after last night's debate: of the 4 candidates on the two tickets, I wish I could vote for Vance. He has his flaws, but he showed himself to be thoughtful, articulate, persuasive, compassionate and in command. I did not see the "weird." I also found him to be someone who has engaged in self-reflection; someone who is willing to admit he has grown ("evolved", if you prefer.) All the other candidates seem to run from that as if it is a character flaw rather than a strength.

I didn't watch the debate so I don't know if that issue was mentioned but he is being beat to death by the media....

I like Geraldo. Was nice and gave a snap for my kid once when I knew he was kinda tired. His limping on the cane is getting more severe from that old injury I think.

Campaign slogan idea:

Harris / Walz 2024

"First of all, we grew up in a middle class family riding our bikes with our buddies".
The best part of the "bike riding 'til dark" story, if I heard him right, was that just after he talked about riding bikes he said, "I am proud of my service."

I wish I could go back and listen to it again. If he really said what I thought I heard, I think that is on of the biggest brain farts I have ever heard. Even if I misheard him, I am gonna keep it in my head like he actually said that, simple because it is hilarious. I laffed so much!

The best part of the "bike riding 'til dark" story, if I heard him right, was that just after he talked about riding bikes he said, "I am proud of my service."

I wish I could go back and listen to it again. If he really said what I thought I heard, I think that is on of the biggest brain farts I have ever heard. Even if I misheard him, I am gonna keep it in my head like he actually said that, simple because it is hilarious. I laffed so much!
That's exactly what he said. "I'm proud of my service". Maybe he was in the Bicycle Bandits. He was the founding member of the Nebraska Chapter.

Have to admit I didn't see one second of the debate.

But Vance did seem to have a head on his shoulders when he said.......
"I go back and forth between thinking Trump is a cynical ******* like Nixon who wouldn't be that bad (and might even prove useful) or that he's America's Hitler,"
America has never had a Hitler Luth burger! Shame on you for spouting ridiculous nonsense!

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood

VN Store

Back