War in Ukraine

Oh really? Where did you get that? You speak Russian I guess? Not a real shocker.

Edit: while I’m sure you likely speak Russian you just made that crap up. No intelligible audio in either video and no comments on either post to add context. Zero. Lol

I never claimed I heard anything. I simply interpreted it visually…

Anyone can see their job isn’t to advance…yet lay down fire.

I never claimed I heard anything. I simply interpreted it visually…

Anyone can see their job isn’t to advance…yet lay down fire.
Lol. Apparently their “job” is to fire indiscriminately and waste ammo. I especially liked the dude who fired the RPG standing in the open with the cigarette hanging from his mouth. There was an exchange with another guy before he fired and since were making things up on the fly I’m gonna go with he said “I bet you today’s vodka ration you can’t hit that telephone pole with a rocket”😂

That isn’t “heavy fighting” around Bakhmut. That is a circle jerk waste of time. Reminds me of the idiot videos Kadyrov put out early on trying to show the fighting prowess or his orcs. They were just firing indiscriminately into bushes in much the same fashion these Vatniks are doing. And they were rightly mocked for their stupidity in lack of fire disciple and ammo waste 😂

Reactions: AM64 and LouderVol
Lol. Apparently their “job” is to fire indiscriminately and waste ammo. I especially liked the dude who fired the RPG standing in the open with the cigarette hanging from his mouth. There was an exchange with another guy before he fired and since were making things up on the fly I’m gonna go with he said “I bet you today’s vodka ration you can’t hit that telephone pole with a rocket”😂

That isn’t “heavy fighting” around Bakhmut. That is a circle jerk waste of time. Reminds me of the idiot videos Kadyrov put out early on trying to show the fighting prowess or his orcs. They were just firing indiscriminately into bushes in much the same fashion these Vatniks are doing. And they were rightly mocked for their stupidity in lack of fire disciple and ammo waste 😂

Rent free…

Some of us have brought up the fact multiple times that Zelensky is running an authoritarian, fascist regime. Even showed them proof as well. At this point I don't think the Ukrainiacs in this thread care what kind of regime he's running. It's like talking to a brick wall.
Just continue to ignore that Putin's whole justification is just as fascist. wanting to block parties, change governments, kill off certain unwanted people in someone elses country, doesnt allow political discourse or protest, freedom of movement, consolidate power within his country, nationalize foreign owned property.

Just continue to ignore that Putin's whole justification is just as fascist. wanting to block parties, change governments, kill off certain unwanted people in someone elses country, doesnt allow political discourse or protest, freedom of movement, consolidate power within his country, nationalize foreign owned property.
Last I checked Zelensky didn’t poison or throw out a third story window a political opponent. 🤷‍♂️

What context are you looking for? Not enough dead Russians on the ground? I realize you’re disappointed.

Regardless of crack troops or conscripts…this type of battle plays directly into Russia’s hands. They have no problem raining down shells that they stockpiled the whole Cold War…while Kiev mindlessly throws in wave after wave of reinforcements. This is the type of war they envisioned it would be decades ago. Western military’s aren’t equipped for a slugfest..
Yeah except Russia is having material issues and troop problems. Old tanks, old guns, foreign drones, foreign winter equipment, ammo from NK, conscripts, prisoners, and pensioners.

The whataboutism is strong from the Ukrainian jobbers today. I'm talking about Zelensky. Let's stick to the subject at hand.

But every single thing you mentioned about Putin, your man crush Zelensky is doing as well.

Oh I don’t think there’s anybody with a loaded weapon on the other side. When you Homers post idiotic videos like that it just adds to the obvious incompetence the Russian military has shown in this fiasco.

I know our military could never stand up to the big bad Russians but a long time ago we invented this novel idea of carrying your ammo on your person. That was in fact a big factor in going down from the 7.62 to the 5.56 round. Thus if they ever had a wild hair to, you know, advance they would have ammo with them. I’m sure they are watching these Russian videos closely and will update their archaic tactics accordingly.
The AK 74s and newer are/can be the 5.45s or whatever the Russian answer was to the 5.56. No idea what they are carrying in those videos, I dont have the eye, or the time to pick out the differences in the various Kalashnikovs.

Just saying the Russians did have the same realization as our boys.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
The AK 74s and newer are/can be the 5.45s or whatever the Russian answer was to the 5.56. No idea what they are carrying in those videos, I dont have the eye, or the time to pick out the differences in the various Kalashnikovs.

If not mistaken..the USA is looking at like a 6+ caliber weapon now.

The whataboutism is strong from the Ukrainian jobbers today. I'm talking about Zelensky. Let's stick to the subject at hand.

But every single thing you mentioned about Putin, your man crush Zelensky is doing as well.
This is a thread about Russia invading Ukraine. You were only talking about how we shouldnt like one side, I pointed out the other side is just as bad, and never gets the same reaction from you. I was just bringing a little balance to your "always 100% neutral no-sides taken commentary".

Zelenksy invaded Russia? Is trying to actively change Russia's government?

I know they did Louder. It was a worldwide change. My point was merely those conscripts were not doing any meaningful tactical mission. They were parked in place and spraying and praying. That kind of fire discipline is not something you expect to see from “the largest and most lethal army in Europe”

Reactions: AM64
If not mistaken..the USA is looking at like a 6+ caliber weapon now.
There are two such rounds I’m aware of. The 6.5 Creedmoor would be more akin to a sniper round and the 6.5 Grendel more akin to a 5.56 NATO style round. Assuming I’ve kept the two versions straight.

That's just my point though. Russa can win, sure they can. They won't take all of Ukraine though..... But even if they carve out what they've taken of Ukraine they've lost. The former satellites are galvanized and the die is set. Russia is no longer able to lean on it's former satellites and exert it's will.

If Russia does "win" even in part, then there's almost certainly an insurgency coming in whatever part of Ukraine they hold. Russia already had to go home from Afghanistan with it's tail tucked between it's legs - this looks like repeat.

Interesting stuff. Seems about right.

ISW:

"Igor Girkin, a former Russian militant commander and prominent critical voice in the Russian milblogger information space, returned to Telegram following a nearly two-month stint in Ukraine and used his return to offer a vitriolic first-hand account of the situation on the frontlines. Girkin posted on Telegram on December 6 to speak on his experiences in Ukraine for the first time since he announced he was leaving to join the Russian army to fight in Ukraine in October.[9] Girkin detailed his multiple and unsuccessful efforts to register and join various units and contentious interactions with Russian and Donetsk People’s Republic (DNR) commanders and noted that he finally joined a DNR battalion illegally, which allowed him to deploy to the Svatove area in Luhansk Oblast.[10] Girkin concluded that based on his experience on the frontline, it is clear that Russian forces are suffering from a “crisis of strategic planning” due to the fact that troops are relying only on tactical inertia and not cohering around a wider strategic goal.[11] Girkin also noted that the Kremlin will be unsuccessful in igniting protests in Ukraine with its missile campaign against critical energy infrastructure, further noting that winter weather will not stop Ukrainian forces from advancing.[12] Several other prominent milbloggers amplified Girkin’s story and conclusions, emphasizing Girkin’s past leadership role in hostilities in Donbas in 2014.[13] This scathing critique of the Russian military leadership from one of the most vocal and well-known figureheads of the hyper-nationalist information space, who has now reportedly acquired first-hand experiences of the nuances of frontline life, is likely to exacerbate tension between Russian military leadership and milbloggers and may reignite fragmentation within the ultra-nationalist community itself."

The missile campaign is likely galvanizing the Ukrainian people even more against Russia. Talk about a failure. This one ranks right up there with German strategic bombing of England in WW2.

Yeah except Russia is having material issues and troop problems. Old tanks, old guns, foreign drones, foreign winter equipment, ammo from NK, conscripts, prisoners, and pensioners.

Possibly, but like I mentioned earlier, they have more stockpiles of say 152mm howitzer rounds than probably all the world combined. Saw a report the other day where they are using up to 50k rounds a day…compared to Ukraine using 5k. They are more prepared for this kind of warfare than anybody. Plus they still have manufacturers and contractors still in place to replenish such. We spent billions on stealth technology…and neglected things they invested in. Western countries are emptying stockpiles by the day…including us. Yes, they are turning to Iran for drones and missiles. I still say a war of attrition favors Russia, regardless of western backing.

Geobbels himself would be jealous of the mouthpieces…

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Possibly, but like I mentioned earlier, they have more stockpiles of say 152mm howitzer rounds than probably all the world combined. Saw a report the other day where they are using up to 50k rounds a day…compared to Ukraine using 5k. They are more prepared for this kind of warfare than anybody. Plus they still have manufacturers and contractors still in place to replenish such. We spent billions on stealth technology…and neglected things they invested in. Western countries are emptying stockpiles by the day…including us. Yes, they are turning to Iran for drones and missiles. I still say a war of attrition favors Russia, regardless of western backing.
If they are so prepared and have stockpiles of artillery ammo and the means to produce more then why are they buying that same munition from North Korea. It does not make sense.

US: Russia to buy rockets, artillery shells from North Korea

That’s actually what they were for. Contracts are already being placed and they have to have funds on hand to issue those contracts. Haven’t read the article yet but this screams of never let a crisis go to waste.

Makes you wonder if this hasn't been a great opportunity to clear out expired or soon to expire stocks and replace it with new stuff. I remember a day on the range during Infantry AIT firing old anti-tank rounds (looked like the WW2 bazooka). Don't know how many rounds I fired, but I'd bet the misfire rate was up around 50% - a hot and frustrating afternoon.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Makes you wonder if this hasn't been a great opportunity to clear out expired or soon to expire stocks and replace it with new stuff. I remember a day on the range during Infantry AIT firing old anti-tank rounds (looked like the WW2 bazooka). Don't know how many rounds I fired, but I'd bet the misfire rate was up around 50% - a hot and frustrating afternoon.
Oh I’ll bet EOD loved you guys the next day 😂

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back