War in Ukraine

Of course there's corruption. There's no doubt that a percentage of the weapons we're sending to Ukraine are being 'stolen' and sold on the black market. It's gonna happen.

At the end of the day, Ukraine is obliterating the armor and troops of our arch-nemesis, Russia.

The price tag to date (including non-military aid) of ~$40 billion is a BARGAIN.

We spent $2 TRILLION in Afghanistan for what? 50X what we've spent in Ukraine.

It ain't a perfect world, but our aid to date is working. /end

You asked for link..thus I provided.

Can all the Zelensky cheerleaders be called shills as well? Between jailing opposition party members and now attempting to ban a church in his country, he is certainly more like Putin than not. Seems like birds of a feather.

Reactions: Pacer92
Can all the Zelensky cheerleaders be called shills as well? Between jailing opposition party members and now attempting to ban a church in his country, he is certainly more like Putin than not. Seems like birds of a feather.
Sure go ahead. I’ll start the reply by pointing to one glaring difference in the two. Related to invading other countries.

The Ukrainian government is corrupt. Not like one cannot google and get pages and pages from different ideological media.
I dont know why they consider Ukraine such a bastion of democracy and righteousness. Must be some transference of the past 6 years by our media, or making this war seem more righteous in their minds , but both governments can be bad at same time.
Now if one wants to cheer the Ukrainian people and defending homeland, that is fine.

Sure go ahead. I’ll start the reply by pointing to one glaring difference in the two. Related to invading other countries.
Fair enough. Two corrupt dictators at war and you favor the one who didn't attack first. Do you support the endless tax dollars being funneled to your preferred corrupt dictator?

I’ll guess once that X5 goes standard issue there are going to be a lot more offerings on AR platforms in that chambering.
I don't shoot it much because the ammo is $$$. As it becomes more mainstream hopefully prices will come down. It's balistically similar to a .270 so it will make a good hunting round for deer, hogs, ect. Not quite as fast but plenty fast enough. You can also get ammo in subsonic which makes suppressed possible.

Fair enough. Two corrupt dictators at war and you favor the one who didn't attack first. Do you support the endless tax dollars being funneled to your preferred corrupt dictator?
Endless tax dollars? No. In fact I’ve already stated multiple times we’ve spent too much too fast. But continued lethal aid as long as they chose to fight? Absolutely and we are in fact obligated to do so from our signing of the Budapest Memorandum I’ll submit. But the economic rebuilding and financing of Ukraine is a European issue and they should bear that burden not us.

I don't shoot it much because the ammo is $$$. As it becomes more mainstream hopefully prices will come down. It's balistically similar to a .270 so it will make a good hunting round for deer, hogs, ect. Not quite as fast but plenty fast enough. You can also get ammo in subsonic which makes suppressed possible.
Yeah as a new round I’d guess the ammo is still fairly pricey.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
The Ukrainian government is corrupt. Not like one cannot google and get pages and pages from different ideological media.
I dont know why they consider Ukraine such a bastion of democracy and righteousness. Must be some transference of the past 6 years by our media, or making this war seem more righteous in their minds , but both governments can be bad at same time.
Now if one wants to cheer the Ukrainian people and defending homeland, that is fine.
Could you provide a post where that was stated please? I know I haven’t said it. This all could have been avoided if Putin had stuck to prior agreements from the 1900’s after all.

Rhetorical comment.
Many on here are denying that Ukraine is corrupt. Any by any measure, severely corrupt.
Oh there is clearly corruption there. They’re trying to clean it up but sure it’s there. They’re better than they have been but yes they need to get better.

And the western cheerleading drumming support is over the top. When I saw Time’s PotY I rolled my eyes and shook my head. They should have just stuck with the Ukrainian soldier I think if they were going to go that route. Obscure the face and just put a Ukrainian fighter there defending their homeland. As you said rooting for the people.

Oh there is clearly corruption there. They’re trying to clean it up but sure it’s there. They’re better than they have been but yes they need to get better.

And the western cheerleading drumming support is over the top. When I saw Time’s PotY I rolled my eyes and shook my head. Thru should have just stuck with the Ukrainian soldier I think if they were going to go that route. Obscure the face and just put a Ukrainian fighter there defending their homeland. As you said rooting for the people.

Western media and leaders have whitewashed it. See my link

It's legit. Thank you.
He had a valid point. There IS corruption in Ukraine no doubt. As far as I’m concerned I think that means rigorous oversight needs to be performed on anything going there and absolutely no liquid assets IE cash. We have valid reasons and obligations for assisting but we do need to be honest on who we’re dealing with.

The enemy of my enemy...

Reactions: AM64
It's legit. Thank you.

i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

Reactions: MontyPython
They’re trying to clean it up but sure it’s there
Who's trying to clean it up, the Ukrainian gov? If that's who you're referring to, that's laughable. I've stayed away from this thread because of the hypocrisy of it all, but it's very clear that there really is no difference at all between the Russian and Ukrainian regimes. It's very reasonable to support the Ukrainian people and for that matter the Russian people. Supporting either of these corrupt regimes is completely ludricrous.

VN Store

Back