War in Ukraine

You mean the statement that was corrected as it was wrong and stated KIA instead of casualties? That “admission” Moe?

Yes, and she actually said 100k dead OFFICERS. So clearly she was wrong or misspeaking, as that is more officers than Ukraines entire military would have.

I have no problems with there being 100k ukrainian casualties though.

We didn't invade NK, Vietnam, Laos or Cambodia. Yes I did forget about Grenada and Panama though. So 4 since WWII, what's Russia/USSR count up to now? 10 give or take?

Call them what you want…invitations, interventions, conflicts…we’ve been in a **** load.

Yes, and she actually said 100k dead OFFICERS. So clearly she was wrong or misspeaking, as that is more officers than Ukraines entire military would have.

I have no problems with there being 100k ukrainian casualties though.
Stop falling for Western disinformation Louder!

I read another comment on that video that said it included civilian casualties in which case 100k is likely way too low.

Reactions: AM64
The first Parliament and Cabinet after the coup under Yats was filled with them. The PR took a hit and they have been trying to distance that look ever since.

I’ve admitted Yanukovych was a puppet and yes he fled because of the coup. I’m not even sure what point you’re even trying to make here..
No. It went from 37 under Yanukovych, down to 6 at his ouster, and now its 1 under Zelensky. They have been decreasing since Yanukoych left.

I know you wont check the links I provided earlier today, because i provided them earlier in this thread with the same info.

Again, a coup is an invasion…NATO expansion is an invasion…at least through Russian eyes and that’s all that really matters.

We are there…in the shadows, but there. Everything else is out in the open…training, weapons/equipment. Same way Vietnam started.
1. We werent there in the coup. Even in your world we werent there, it was some locals paid off. Unless you have changed your argument again.
2. NATO hasnt expanded into Ukraine, but Ukraine got invaded.
2b. NATO has expanded into Finland, but Finald hasnt been invaded. You need to talk to your Russians about consistency.
3. Russia wanted NATO to expand as recently as 2002. Russia wanted to join NATO. And oh yeah it was Putin wanting it in 2002. The same guy in power now, but you always duck this fact.
3b. Russia hasnt been invaded since the formation of NATO. A longer time of peace then they have ever had. They should have no concerns. Another point you will duck.

Everyone is there in the shadows, russia is just angry that they arent the only ones there, and that the Ukrainians dont like them as much as they thought.

Stop falling for Western disinformation Louder!

I read another comment on that video that said it included civilian casualties in which case 100k is likely way too low.
I could easily see it being military casualties only. Russia has had the advantage from the get go. They were always going to be able to inflict heavy losses. The interesting thing is their own losses shouldnt be anywhere close, but they are.

I would guess that a significant bit of Ukraines losses have come from off the front line losses, due to Russian artillery and air, where Russia has a clear advantage. But what that means is the Russian front line losses are significant enough to make up that behind the line advantage they have.

I could easily see it being military casualties only. Russia has had the advantage from the get go. They were always going to be able to inflict heavy losses. The interesting thing is their own losses shouldnt be anywhere close, but they are.

I would guess that a significant bit of Ukraines losses have come from off the front line losses, due to Russian artillery and air, where Russia has a clear advantage. But what that means is the Russian front line losses are significant enough to make up that behind the line advantage they have.
I don’t honestly know was just referencing what I read. Being on defense normally favors the defenders on casualties but they were heavily out matched early on so I’d guess the usual ratio could easily be too high. In latter months that appears to have been back to norms.

I’m guessing we won’t hear the full civilian casualties until the dust settles and if Russia is pushed out. Because they will cover up access to the info of their terrorism against Ukrainian citizens.

A big thing for my opinion or viewpoint is what happens after you invade and search for WMDs, stop the neo-Nazis, oust a dictator, show up at request of some civilians, stop cats and dogs from living together, or whatever reason you may have for invading.

Do you return the land, resources, and country back to its people or do you annex it and keep it for your own?

What effing Nazis?
List of political parties in Ukraine - Wikipedia
Svoboda (political party) - Wikipedia

I was wrong earlier. Svodoba, the Nazis, have 1 rada member. I thought they had 2.

Back in 2012, under Yanukoyvch they had 37. In the 2014 special elections they dropped to 6, and are now at 1.

There are fewer Nazis in power under Zelensky than there were under Yanokych.

Just another of your hugely bad takes you refuse to accept even with evidence presented. If you hold to form you will just skip over this.

I was talking about the bussing in of militant Nazi protesters during Maiden…and the role Svoboda played in that and in the establishment of the new government under Yatsenyuk…where there were 3 Svoboda Cabinet members and 3-4 governors appointed over Ukrainian oblasts.

Zelensky himself has shown fascist/Nazi tendencies….banning trade unions, banning any media that isn’t state run, Russian aligned Orthodox churches, and most importantly, his unwillingness to entertain peace.

Reactions: DonjoVol
1. We werent there in the coup. Even in your world we werent there, it was some locals paid off. Unless you have changed your argument again.
2b. NATO has expanded into Finland, but Finald hasnt been invaded. You need to talk to your Russians about consistency.
3. Russia wanted NATO to expand as recently as 2002. Russia wanted to join NATO. And oh yeah it was Putin wanting it in 2002. The same guy in power now, but you always duck this fact.
3b. Russia hasnt been invaded since the formation of NATO. A longer time of peace then they have ever had. They should have no concerns. Another point you will duck.

Everyone is there in the shadows, russia is just angry that they arent the only ones there, and that the Ukrainians dont like them as much as they thought.

We were physically there. Money was there. Henchmen were there. Militants were there….all, our doing. Deny until you turn blue in the face. I don’t care.

Finland hasn’t been killing ethnic Russians for 8 years either.

NATO encroachment caused this…is what it is.

Reactions: DonjoVol

I still wonder if Russia's real reason for wanting to join NATO was to hold veto power like they do in the UN. Russia would have been the fox in the henhouse because NATO was there to counter Russia (I suppose Soviets for the Pootin devout - hard to keep up with that flip flop).

Reactions: USF grad in TN
I still wonder if Russia's real reason for wanting to join NATO was to hold veto power like they do in the UN. Russia would have been the fox in the henhouse because NATO was there to counter Russia (I suppose Soviets for the Pootin devout - hard to keep up with that flip flop).
That’s exactly why. That’s why KFOR is a NATO joint base and not a UN joint base. So Russia trying to close those kinds of loopholes.

Putin wanted to join in early 2000’s after he rose to power but was stone walled. KFOR created in 1999 as a NATO base since UN forces were blocked set that stage.

Again, a coup is an invasion…NATO expansion is an invasion…at least through Russian eyes and that’s all that really matters.

We are there…in the shadows, but there. Everything else is out in the open…training, weapons/equipment. Same way Vietnam started.

What should matter to them then is that Finland is joining NATO since they started this mess in Ukraine. Had there not been an invasion in Ukraine then Finland wouldn't have ever joined. Finland shares 700 or 800 miles of border with Russia. Pootin going to do anything about that? I think not. The Russians got their asses handed to them the last time they tried to eff with the Fins.

What should matter to them then is that Finland is joining NATO since they started this mess in Ukraine. Had there not been an invasion in Ukraine then Finland wouldn't have ever joined. Finland shares 700 or 800 miles of border with Russia. Pootin going to do anything about that? I think not. The Russians got their asses handed to them the last time they tried to eff with the Fins.

And what is truly special, and quite touching, is that the cakes are only made with very reasonably-priced and totally unaffected-by-sanctions authentic Russian eggs. Deep down these Dagestanis are overjoyed to have sacrificed for the cause and to be shown to be true second-class citizens of mother Russia. Wouldn't you agree @Rasputin_Vol ?

I don’t honestly know was just referencing what I read. Being on defense normally favors the defenders on casualties but they were heavily out matched early on so I’d guess the usual ratio could easily be too high. In latter months that appears to have been back to norms.

I’m guessing we won’t hear the full civilian casualties until the dust settles and if Russia is pushed out. Because they will cover up access to the info of their terrorism against Ukrainian citizens.
Under shock and Awe the defender is going to take more losses than the attacker. In a war of attrition it's going to be pretty even with probably a slight favorite to the defender.

I keep saying it, but if Russia wants to win they need to go back to Shock and Awe, they did a decent job at the start. But it seems like once their SF guys were gone they had to fall back on ye olde trench warfare. They didnt have enough quality "follow up" troops to relieve their spetsnaz and VDV guys so they took heavier losses and are largely ineffective since then.

This also explains their reliance on Wagner and Chechnya. Those are going to be the closest in quality troops they can muster. But this time they are more supported because without shock and Awe they werent strung out.

If/when those guys get worn out it becomes a real war of attrition. And the losses will really favor Ukraine after that.

Finland doesn’t need NATO…the MIC and corrupt politicians need Finland though.

First off, this isn’t 1940. Secondly, if and when they are an official member…the ball will be in Finland’s court. What kind of play they want to make is up to them.

VN Store

Back