War in Ukraine

Somebody posted the numbers earlier... Russians spending roughly a tenth of what our budget is. So you tell me how much opportunity for corruption is available in Russia vs over here with our MIC oligarchs.
You trust the Russians to be honest when sharing that kind of information? You’re way more naive than I thought.

The belligerence of NATO gradually ramped up after 1991 and the expansion eastward made things worse. Not to mention Georgia 2008 and the coup in 2014... and the attacking of the people of Donbas for the past 8 years. The past decade and a half has seen far more escalation.
Lol

And what command decisions do pilots make? I do owe A-10 and AC-130 drivers a debt of gratitude.

You need to read the book Not a Good Day to Die by Sean Naylor and get back to us on the wonderful decisions made by Sr officers. They and their quest for legacy screwed up operation Anaconda about as bad as an operation could be screwed up. Cost several good men their lives.

Oh and I did my time.
Again, you keep talking this crap about poor leadership and poor decisions made at the top. Yet, the two brain cells you may have firing cannot come to terms with the possibility that maybe (just maybe) these pizz poor leaders and decisionmakers may have endangered our soldiers and wasted our treasure needlessly since WWII. You defend a system that has empowered inept and corrupt leaders. If you can't trust their judgement when the guns are firing, do you at least question their judgement with regards to avoiding conflict?

I do believe it’s much more prevalent in the military and government employees in general. In the private sector you have to turn a profit.
You must not have paid attention to the "go woke/go broke" companies or the companies that routinely mock and sh^t on segments of their customer base that is rooted on ideology.

The private sector is just as ate up with foolishness as the govt.

Reactions: DonjoVol
You trust the Russians to be honest when sharing that kind of information? You’re way more naive than I thought.
Well, lets think about it. Does Russia have $800+ billion to spend annually on military? Lets say $400 billion? I mean, they are just a gas station masquerading as a country, right? The ruble is rubble, right?

Tell me how you are going to reconcile the two narratives of Russia being a 3rd rate economy and military, yet at the same time say that they are sandbagging/lying about how much they truly spend on their military?

You rube. There’s been a NATO army on Russia’s doorstep for 60 ****ing years.
NATO shouldn't be on Russia's doorstep anymore. I mean considering how incompetent the Russian military is and that they are considered the "Trailer Park of the World" then NATO seems like it's just a big waste of time and money now.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
NATO shouldn't be on Russia's doorstep anymore. I mean considering how incompetent the Russian military is and that they are considered the "Trailer Park of the World" then NATO seems like it's just a big waste of time and money now.
If we are to believe the narrative of Russia being incompetent and losing right now, then NATO can disband yesterday and let Poland or the UK take care of the heavy lifting and leave the US out of it.

If we are to believe the narrative of Russia being incompetent and losing right now, then NATO can disband yesterday and let Poland or the UK take care of the heavy lifting and leave the US out of it.
Well these Ukrainiacs have said Poland or the UK can take out Russia on their own.

Well these Ukrainiacs have said Poland or the UK can take out Russia on their own.
I say let either of them have at it.

Meanwhile, we have our own border to the south that is under invasion. Will the Ukrainiacs remove the Ukrainian flag from their profiles and replace it with an American flag? Hell, replace it with a Confederate flag.

And what command decisions do pilots make? I do owe A-10 and AC-130 drivers a debt of gratitude.

You need to read the book Not a Good Day to Die by Sean Naylor and get back to us on the wonderful decisions made by Sr officers. They and their quest for legacy screwed up operation Anaconda about as bad as an operation could be screwed up. Cost several good men their lives.

Oh and I did my time.

You know there's some sort of transition that happens about the time an officer hits O-5 - probably even O-4. A lot of it has to do with retention rules, time invested toward retirement, and having to play by different rules to make the invested time pay off. In many ways it's not so different from every other bureaucracy - government or corporate - the rules of the game change depending on management level. Competent people become dumb and compliant for a reason - the inverted funnel and the light at the end of the tunnel. The military does or did use a term like "up or out". Passover isn't just a religious observance.

If we defeated them handily then they would have never returned back to power.

It takes extermination with zealots - not just defeat. As long as the zealots can cross a border to safety whether it's Pakistan, Cambodia, Laos, Mexico or any other and the ROEs grant them immunity, they will be back. Attack them outside the defined warzone, and you are guilty of "expanding the war".

Lol. Your lucky someone beat me to posting it. Because I was going to let you, PJ and Deeble gloat for a bit so I could embarrass you all later. I even specifically told you that you should research what I was telling you. Just another example of why you should listen to me more Proctor.

And I choose often to let you all gloat and get all giddy in this thread before I embarrass you all with facts.
Oh sure. That’s obviously what you were going to do 🤡

Well Pootin 💩 the bed and just added 800 more miles of NATO doorstep Curly! Idiots….

It takes extermination with zealots - not just defeat. As long as the zealots can cross a border to safety whether it's Pakistan, Cambodia, Laos, Mexico or any other and the ROEs grant them immunity, they will be back. Attack them outside the defined warzone, and you are guilty of "expanding the war".
I was gonna reply to him that we killed all that we found but you can’t kill an ideology thus they’ll just keep making more unless you sign on for genocide. He isn’t mentally equipped to process that though.

Reactions: Hunerwadel and AM64
The belligerence of NATO gradually ramped up after 1991 and the expansion eastward made things worse. Not to mention Georgia 2008 and the coup in 2014... and the attacking of the people of Donbas for the past 8 years. The past decade and a half has seen far more escalation.
More like Russia got too poor and weak to continue the oppression of its neighbors so they looked to NATO for security in the window they had.

Russian atrocities in Georgia and Ukraine have indicated the decisions of those countries were warranted.

Reactions: hog88 and AM64
Is Zelensky going to provide a detailed itemized accounting of all the US taxpayers money he has received?

This visit is designed to push the 1.7 trillion dollar omnibus through.

Reactions: SlipKidVol
More like Russia got too poor and weak to continue the oppression of its neighbors so they looked to NATO for security in the window they had.

Russian atrocities in Georgia and Ukraine have indicated the decisions of those countries were warranted.
So let me get this understood. The Soviet Union collapsed, the Russian Federation was weakened and of no threat anymore, but yet they were now shaking in their boots at a weakened Russia?

And another thing, why can't you people understand that the fault is not on any country that may or may not have wanted to join NATO. The fault lies on NATO for accepting these countries and breaking the promise of not expanding east. Or really, the fault lies on NATO for not disbanding after 1991 and instead forming a different European security agreement that included Russia but excluded the US.

WOW... I thought the Ukrainiacs in here were on laced reefer. This right here is next level.

NATO could take out Russia in 3 days: Congressman

1671621640839.jpeg
Kinzinger has been vocal supporter of Ukraine throughout the conflict. In April, he called out members of his own party for focusing on attacking Disney despite the "genocide going on in Ukraine."

"There is a genocide going on in Ukraine and the outrage is over what's happening at Walt Disney," Kinzinger said at the time, referring to the battle between Disney and Florida Republicans over the state's anti-LGBTQ law. "You guys deserve way better."
Because Disney is right here at home and is part of the moral decay of this country. This RINO belongs in Illinois to be this stupid. Disney is a bigger threat to this country than damn Vladimir Putin.

I clicked back 5 posts, and every single one of them talked exclusively about "we" or the United States. To throw in that "we aren't alone" in being violent is an gigantic understatement...there isn't a single people who isn't violent. To go on and on about how violent the United States is just shows you have an axe to grind.

There's no going on and on, I answered your going on and on questions. Otherwise, the discourse would have ended long ago. But keep going on and on. I expected your example of justifying the history of such behavior. That's what folks who can't truly admit a wrong do.

And let NATO build up an army on their doorstep? And attack for 8 years Russians living in Donbas?

Again, 8 years of diplomacy with a dishonest broker in The West. The US wouldn't have been patient for 8 days in the same situation.

Any “Russian” living in Donbas could have went home.

NATO has secured Russia’s border for the longest stretch in Russian history, Russia should be grateful For the protection.

VN Store

Back