War in Ukraine

I agree, now.

They are feckless. The combined economic and military strength of the Western alliance insures that.
I just dont like the thought of having an authoritarian with the capability of blowing up the world on his possibly bad side. Fine needle and I dont trust this our frankly any of our gov admin.

The CCP..now that is what keeps the USG up at night

Does anyone here other than a few see what is happening with this war between Russia and Ukraine?
It's a proxy war, and we're being dragged into it slowly but surely, and before long we are going to be fighting for Ukraine in the name of NATO. Germany, France, Italy and the UK are going to be sitting on their asses goading us to march into Ukraine and fight their battle for them. **** Europe and their liberal ways. They can fight their own wars.
I disagree. I think we still will use Poland, Romania and the Baltic States as our next proxies before we actually put boots on the ground. And even then, the British may jump in and dive on the grenade along the way.

How many people have frozen to death in Berlin this winter?

unhappy-unsatisfied.gif

Reactions: Hunerwadel

Guess it's too bad Russia doesn't have a 25th Amendment to fall back on - not that they really have anything similar to a democracy anyway. Just going to be trading one mega-maniacal despot for another. Russia is a bigger and a bit wealthier version of N Korea ... people in Russia have eggs, and Russia unlike N Korea actually has some resources to sell, so the state and oligarchs can plunder it.

They are feckless. The combined economic and military strength of the Western alliance insures that.
I just dont like the thought of having an authoritarian with the capability of blowing up the world on his possibly bad side. Fine needle and I dont trust this our frankly any of our gov admin.

The CCP..now that is what keeps the USG up at night

If it happens, it happens, but it won't. Some of us lived through the entire Cold War; didn't happen then, and it's not going to happen now. Sometimes you just have to stop worrying about what you can't control and live.

With Russia neutered, dealing with the CCP becomes a far easier problem.

Guess it's too bad Russia doesn't have a 25th Amendment to fall back on - not that they really have anything similar to a democracy anyway. Just going to be trading one mega-maniacal despot for another. Russia is a bigger and a bit wealthier version of N Korea ... people in Russia have eggs, and Russia unlike N Korea actually has some resources to sell, so the state and oligarchs can plunder it.
Wait... you believe this?

Also, we DO have the 25th Amendment... yet we have Joe Biden. Really? Is this the best you can do?

Reactions: DonjoVol
Wait... you believe this?

Also, we DO have the 25th Amendment... yet we have Joe Biden. Really? Is this the best you can do?

Having a tool and using it are two different things. Joe is a complete idiot and totally incompetent, but he hasn't invaded Canada, and he sure as hell hasn't invaded Mexico. Half of congress won't go after joe. Half of congress went after Trump a couple of times and couldn't make it stick. That's the effect of something called negative feedback - in political terms it tends to keep people from being able to do stupid stuff just because they can ... maybe unfortunately. Congress is a pretty untrustworthy body of clowns needing some serious adult oversight.

If it happens, it happens, but it won't. Some of us lived through the entire Cold War; didn't happen then, and it's not going to happen now. Sometimes you just have to stop worrying about what you can't control and live.

They aren't neutered..they are desperate and have thousands in the hands of an authoritarian.

They aren't neutered..they are desperate and have thousands in the hands of an authoritarian.

You eventually have to accept that nuclear war has no winners. At one time when only we had nuclear weapons, it was a weapon. Now that there are others with them, they are just a liability to all ... expensive tools in the shed that nobody dares use. Expensive to build, expensive to maintain, virtually unusable, but something you can't do without as long as others have them.

You eventually have to accept that nuclear war has no winners. At one time when only we had nuclear weapons, it was a weapon. Now that there are others with them, they are just a liability to all ... expensive tools in the shed that nobody dares use. Expensive to build, expensive to maintain, virtually unusable, but something you can't do without as long as others have them.

Sure..but Ukraine is of no interest to me or my nation's interest..but by saying Russia will overrun Europe is laughable.
The only reason 1/2 of America could even id Ukraine is the last 5 years of BS.

Trump impeachment, Hunter, Zelenski..sorry but not buying even if Putin made the dumbass decision. Even people on here even claiming that Putin didnt invade under Trump cause he was buddies. How ****ing dumb.
Ukraine is one corrupt nation and published for 15 years. There doesn't have to be good guys and bad guys..there can be two bad guys.

Sure..but Ukraine is of no interest to me or my nation's interest..but by saying Russia will overrun Europe is laughable.
The only reason 1/2 of America could even id Ukraine is the last 5 years of BS.

Trump impeachment, Hunter, Zelenski..sorry but not buying even if Putin made the dumbass decision. Even people on here even claiming that Putin didnt invade under Trump cause he was buddies. How ****ing dumb.
Ukraine is one corrupt nation and published for 15 years. There doesn't have to be good guys and bad guys..there can be two bad guys.

I think we'd all agree that wars are negative events - something to be avoided. That said, there are some positives that some of us see, and others discount. That's life, and we all have and are entitled to our own opinions.

You mentioned earlier that China is our enemy; I agree. I've seen China as our real enemy well before it became fashionable. The disturbing point is how counties like China become the real problems, and that gets back to not dealing with problems before they become significant problems ... because we believe it's always wrong to initiate and wage conflicts or otherwise force concessions. People correctly analyzed Russia as a post WW2 threat, and left the threat to develop - which it did. Russia helped foster China, and then the world faced two threats.

If you stick solely with conventional weapons and threats, the West has pretty much bankrupted Russia, and then bankrolled China into a more serious threat ... ironically through commerce - a silly, stupid blunder you can attribute to corporate and political "leaders". Ironically we can believe in preventive and predictive measures in many fields such as industry and health, but it's absolutely a verboten topic with respect to military matters.

As far as Ukrainian corruption, it was a way of life under the Soviet system, and any ex-Soviet participant was tainted. That doesn't mean permanence. Could be that Ukrainian support by the US and European nations can change that - alliances in time of need do change people. We'll see. I see Ukrainian support as being a positive in several ways; they've been pointed out repeatedly, and some of you reject them. We don't have to agree on everything, and ironically on this matter some of us (including me) wind up disagreeing with people we normally side with on political matters.

I think you and several others disagree from a cost standpoint; that's fine. I happen to think conservatism is dead, and we would simply waste what we are spending on Ukraine in different ways and accomplish less with the spending. I tend to see one aspect of supporting Ukraine as a down payment toward neutralizing Russia - almost 80 years too late and without real thought, but the blind squirrel stumbles across an acorn from time to time.

Lol.

Guess I should have been more specific. It's meant to mock you all AND remind you all of your stupidity in this matter.

Now go play your Atari 2600 Proctor.
You’re not really helping your case Curly but by all means keep explaining to everyone what your idiotic list is really about. Be as specific as you like! 🤡

Why do you support this crap?
Who knew disassembling one of your top geopolitical opponents by proxy without ever putting a U.S. service member in harms way was going to be in the discount aisle at ForeignWarsrUs for pennies on the dollar of what we’ve spent since 1945 preparing to fight these vodka soaked incompetent morons. Ukraine wants to beat their asses. Europe is tired of their BS. Kick some money in and make it happen.

That being said we’ve already spent quite a bit and need to sit tight and burn this down. I’ve said that multiple times. This is the best money we’ll ever spend on foreign aid but we need to curb our enthusiasm quite a bit.

Reactions: Hunerwadel and AM64
Stop the hyperbole.
Russia in no threat to the USA or even NATO, other than some nukes or oil pricing.
When did you become some Neo con?
It isn’t hyperbole. Russia didn’t reinvent themselves in 1991 they’re still the bent on domination asshats of the USSR. Patton was right. It would have saved us a whole lot of money.

Bingo

VN Store

Back