War in Ukraine

True.

Looking forward to the next big counteroffensive by Ukraine. Looks like the ground will finally freeze this weekend. Thinking Russian troops in Tokmuk gonna be hating life.
Looking at it, it does get them across the widest part of the river, but there are no bridges on either side so it's tough to see a bunch of material moving through there

Which country has sent the most money to Ukraine?

Idc about the number compared to gdp. This is in the EU's backyard so I believe it's reasonable to expect them to contribute the lion's share of money to the effort.

Your analysis is like proclaiming Bill Gates a philanthropist and ignoring the poor guy who gives what he can - when his giving costs him far more than what Bill added to the pot.

A couple of big oceans and friendly neighbors don't isolate us like they once did. Without the potential of regional conflict by European neighbors, we would be far more in Russia's (and now China's) crosshairs ... and they both have the reach these days. What we do to support allies in Europe and Asia is like buying insurance only better. Just makes sense; now if our policy makers could recognize the need to manufacture, mine, and grow what we need here. Sometimes it makes sense to think like an international power, and sometimes it makes sense to act more as an isolationist, and our "leaders" can't get it figured out.

Your analysis is like proclaiming Bill Gates a philanthropist and ignoring the poor guy who gives what he can - when his giving costs him far more than what Bill added to the pot.

A couple of big oceans and friendly neighbors don't isolate us like they once did. Without the potential of regional conflict by European neighbors, we would be far more in Russia's (and now China's) crosshairs ... and they both have the reach these days. What we do to support allies in Europe and Asia is like buying insurance only better. Just makes sense; now if our policy makers could recognize the need to manufacture, mine, and grow what we need here. Sometimes it makes sense to think like an international power, and sometimes it makes sense to act more as an isolationist, and our "leaders" can't get it figured out.

This.

Isolationism is the brainchild of egocentric f-tards.

Reactions: AM64
No, he is allowing an invasion from our Mexican border and he is attacking Americans. That's what you Cold War boomers fail to grasp. Our biggest enemies are not some external threat from Russia or China. The people giving us hell right now are right here.

What do you mean we fail to grasp? The start of the solution begins with the end to birthright citizenship. Until that goes away, our borders are going to be under siege; and I haven't heard your generation discussing that or most other border issues. The last time the border war was addressed in a meaningful way was back in the Reagan days - the amnesty for border security thing - the security part went bust. I haven't seen or heard of your generation demanding more; I didn't see or hear support by generations younger than mine for Trump's border war ... you are too damn busy being woke.

The other point is that you can have and we do have multiple threats ... local and international. Doesn't mean you address one (which we aren't) and pretend the others don't exist. Those aren't just Mexicans and C Americans crossing our southern border, and we likely don't know who is sponsoring some of the rest - and why.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Iranian drones
Stealing chips from washing machines/refrigerators/televisions

No fly zones/air superiority
HIMARS
North Korean troops
Finland and Sweden join NATO
Strike on Wagner Group HQ
Patriot missiles
Oil price cap
Bakhmut is not strategically important
Kherson Kherson Kherson
MH-17
"f*** the EU.."
Kerch Bridge
Article 5
100k Russians dead
Institute for the Study of War
"Ruble will be rubble"
Million Man Ukrainian army
McDonalds/IKEA/Coca Cola/H&M/Louis Vuitton
Long lines at ATMs
Eggs
Russia running out of missiles/drones
Russia can't fight in winter/frostbite
Polish Mig-29s
Javelina
Azovstal "evacuation"
Stingers
40 mile caravan outside of Kyiv
Switchblade drones
Ghost of Kiev
Obese General
Kremlin Coup
Blood Cancer
Parkinsons
A-10 Warthogs
Abrams tanks
I saw it on the evening news
It must be true if it's on Twitter
100 Billion will bring Russia to its knees
Snake Island
Meat grinder
Game changers
Ukrainian Nazis are no big deal
Lukashenko's breath mints
Tooth Fairy
Soviet Union still exists
Trailer Park of the world
Pootin
Pootin Stooges
Larry Moe Curly
Weird. You've removed reference to Moskva....

You are also ignoring the Japanese atrocities that occurred in China before and during WW2. Which also lead to the rise of Communism in China.

You are ignoring the fact that China was a backwards, feudal country dominated by incompetent, self-serving war lords who couldn't/wouldn't address invasion by a country a fraction their size. Read some books; there's one by Joseph Stillwell that might open your eyes. The gist is "We've provided you arms and logistical support; the battle is here at the specified time; are you going to show up with your army and fight this time?" Of course, the Chinese promised to do so and didn't - they simply stockpiled or did something else with weapons. Chiang Kai-shek was the exception ... and Mao, but Mao was marching to a different tune.

China was their own worst enemy against the Japanese. Chiang and company, of course, wound up on Taiwan; and Mao and his Russian buddies took China and anything else they could grab. We didn't lose China; because you have to have something to lose it. Duplicity and lies aren't the basis of diplomatic relationship. We have one great failing in our culture - we tend to believe others think, rationalize, and honor words like we do.

LMAO the gibberings of a true Pootin nut hugger. We’ve been hearing about the demise of HIMARS for months. It appears to be greatly exaggerated 😂

Apparently Russia will kill HIMARS with Iranian drones after they are through "destroying Ukrainian infrastructure" ... better know as destroying civilian habitats and taking the lives of innocents ... terrorism in other words.

Wouldn't a better option be diplomacy? Wouldn't a better option be to coexist and try to work mutually with Russia and China on trade, science, energy, etc rather than treating them like a rival or an enemy?

Or is that verboten?

What do you mean we fail to grasp? The start of the solution begins with the end to birthright citizenship. Until that goes away, our borders are going to be under siege; and I haven't heard your generation discussing that or most other border issues. The last time the border war was addressed in a meaningful way was back in the Reagan days - the amnesty for border security thing - the security part went bust. I haven't seen or heard of your generation demanding more; I didn't see or hear support by generations younger than mine for Trump's border war ... you are too damn busy being woke.

The other point is that you can have and we do have multiple threats ... local and international. Doesn't mean you address one (which we aren't) and pretend the others don't exist. Those aren't just Mexicans and C Americans crossing our southern border, and we likely don't know who is sponsoring some of the rest - and why.
You just made my point. Russia and China have nothing to do with the abuses of the 14th Amendment with regards to immigration. Those are you American liberals and corporatist RINOs that are allowing this.

I swear, you all have more zeal and passion for foreign enemies than you do the enemies right here in your damn backyard.

Reactions: DonjoVol
Apparently Russia will kill HIMARS with Iranian drones after they are through "destroying Ukrainian infrastructure" ... better know as destroying civilian habitats and taking the lives of innocents ... terrorism in other words.
Using your logic, the United States is hands down the largest state sponsor of terrorism in the world.

You are ignoring the fact that China was a backwards, feudal country dominated by incompetent, self-serving war lords who couldn't/wouldn't address invasion by a country a fraction their size. Read some books; there's one by Joseph Stillwell that might open your eyes. The gist is "We've provided you arms and logistical support; the battle is here at the specified time; are you going to show up with your army and fight this time?" Of course, the Chinese promised to do so and didn't - they simply stockpiled or did something else with weapons. Chiang Kai-shek was the exception ... and Mao, but Mao was marching to a different tune.

China was their own worst enemy against the Japanese. Chiang and company, of course, wound up on Taiwan; and Mao and his Russian buddies took China and anything else they could grab. We didn't lose China; because you have to have something to lose it. Duplicity and lies aren't the basis of diplomatic relationship. We have one great failing in our culture - we tend to believe others think, rationalize, and honor words like we do.
HAHAHAHA! The ever so endearing "go read some books" response. At least you provided a name of an author. So I'll give you credit there. Are you willing to read books someone else suggests? Trust me I have quite a few suggestions for this group. Which is why I've suggested a book club for the political forum here.

Japan was way more advanced than China and other Asian countries at that time. Which is why they were able to conquer massive amounts of land and create puppet states.

And you are wrong. Many people in our culture do not think, rationalize or honor words.

Using your logic, the United States is hands down the largest state sponsor of terrorism in the world.
Yet these clowns have been having fantasies about the Kerch Bridge and other infrastructure being destroyed. And still say absolutely nothing about Ukraine killing civilians in the Donbas.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Yet these clowns have been having fantasies about the Kerch Bridge and other infrastructure being destroyed. And still say absolutely nothing about Ukraine killing civilians in the Donbas.
If the US and NATO had stepped in the way they did in Kosovo and Bosnia, you’d be bitching about US hegemony and blathering on about NATO on Russia’s doorstep.

Wouldn't a better option be diplomacy? Wouldn't a better option be to coexist and try to work mutually with Russia and China on trade, science, energy, etc rather than treating them like a rival or an enemy?

Or is that verboten?
Nobody trusts Russia’s word Moe. You just won’t accept that. They blew that chance when Pootin tore to the Budapest Memorandum in 2014. Since nobody trusts them any “negotiated peace” is going to require disarmament by the invaders. And Pootin will never agree to that.

Reactions: AM64
Nope. It appears it wasn't the 600 or so killed as the Kyiv regime is saying, more like a tenth of that.
I can see why you are all wadded up about this. Whether it's 60 or 600 it was yet another dumbass mistake by Russian brass having 600-800 soldiers partying around an ammo dump. Those who survived and were stationed in the area know what they have to look forward to. I'm sure their moral will be sky high going forward.

Or is that verboten?

Sure it would, but it takes two to tango, and they have to be dancing together to the same tune. That didn't fit with Russia's plan to spread communism across the globe. It's one thing to have differing concepts for governing; it's a whole different issue when one of those is an ideology and a plan to spread it across the globe.

HAHAHAHA! The ever so endearing "go read some books" response. At least you provided a name of an author. So I'll give you credit there. Are you willing to read books someone else suggests? Trust me I have quite a few suggestions for this group. Which is why I've suggested a book club for the political forum here.

Japan was way more advanced than China and other Asian countries at that time. Which is why they were able to conquer massive amounts of land and create puppet states.

And you are wrong. Many people in our culture do not think, rationalize or honor words.

Of course, Japan was far more advanced than China. As I pointed out, "China was a backwards, feudal country dominated by incompetent, self-serving war lords who couldn't/wouldn't address invasion by a country a fraction their size". And for the record, Japan watched European colonialism and wanted it on it; the "Asia for Asians" was a nifty slogan that just didn't quite mean what it implied. SE Asia was a cinch for Japan because the French and British colonizers had their hands full elsewhere.

You misinterpreted or I misstated that last bit "we tend to believe others think, rationalize, and honor words like we do". We have a bad habit of believing that others (especially Asians) think and rationalize the way we do; they often don't. We tend to agree in words to treaties, objectives, etc believing that the opposition will abide by those words. Often they are broken before the ink is dry; the Chinese specifically are notorious for telling someone what they want to hear with a smile, and do whatever they want - never intending to honor their "commitment".

Of course, Japan was far more advanced than China. As I pointed out, "China was a backwards, feudal country dominated by incompetent, self-serving war lords who couldn't/wouldn't address invasion by a country a fraction their size". And for the record, Japan watched European colonialism and wanted it on it; the "Asia for Asians" was a nifty slogan that just didn't quite mean what it implied. SE Asia was a cinch for Japan because the French and British colonizers had their hands full elsewhere.

You misinterpreted or I misstated that last bit "we tend to believe others think, rationalize, and honor words like we do". We have a bad habit of believing that others (especially Asians) think and rationalize the way we do; they often don't. We tend to agree in words to treaties, objectives, etc believing that the opposition will abide by those words. Often they are broken before the ink is dry; the Chinese specifically are notorious for telling someone what they want to hear with a smile, and do whatever they want - never intending to honor their "commitment".
Japanese and Chinese society are not known for being as crooked as people in our society. You are more likely to get screwed over and lied to by another American than you are someone from Japan or China.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol

VN Store

Back