War in Ukraine

Let’s look at reality. Russia has already lost on perception alone. Their leadership has been exposed as terrible, their weapons/military technology as outdated and poorly maintained, their troops untrained and poor morale. You can’t spin what we’re seeing as positive and according to plan. You don’t drag out 70 year old tanks, beg Iran and North Korea for weapons, use a draft and bribe convicts to go fight if things are going according to plan. Hell, Russia spent all of December retreating, giving up ground, abandoning shi*** tanks and equipment. We’re now closing in on day 365 of the 3 day operation, and no end in sight. Now go ahead and give us your best Baghdad bob spin and tell us how everything is going great for Russia. And as far as “to the last Ukrainian”, why is it so shocking to you that they would fight and defend their country from invaders?

But according to our VN rezident Russian allies, next spring or summer Russia is going to quit playing around and get serious; then Ukraine is really going to be in trouble.

Do you know it's not true ... have facts to back it up?
No, I do not. And neither do you or anyone else. However, what we are left to do is to look at the information that we do have and make the best and most realistic assessment. Eventually, the truth will come out (just like the COVID narrative is gradually coming out).

Like I said, get your laughs in now and we will look at the total picture and see who came closer to reality: me or you.

That one act (eliminating Iran) would certainly make the world a better place.
How many people on this planet would say the same thing about the United States?

Count how many countries Iran has invaded, regime changed or sanctioned?
Count how many countries the United States has done that to?
Count how many Russia has?
Count how many North Korea has?
Count how many China has?

Russians have never been the sharpest rocks in the box, and certainly not the sharpest knives in the drawer. They make pretty good thugs though ... as long as you like them dumb as a rock.
They only beat us to outer space and were the only other rival on the planet for close to 3 decades in the space race.

Just need to eliminate their government, the Iranians I've met are good people.

I agree; the Iranians I've met were likable and competent. Makes you wonder how in the world Iran could fall the nonsense that has put them in the position they are in. Maybe there weren't many good Iranians to begin with and they left?

Reactions: hog88
They only beat us to outer space and were the only other rival on the planet for close to 3 decades in the space race.

Well, they put a satellite that went beep ... beep ... beep, and a dog (chimps refused - besides they were too much like the average Russian) in orbit thanks to their tame German Nazis and never bothering much with safety or letting anybody know about failures along the way. Getting people back was sometimes problematic - not that our overly complex program was perfect before cancellation either. Seems like there are people stuck on the space station because we quit funding some of our space program and Russia is having problems with theirs.

download (19).jpg

Amazing how all the world's woes started in 1776 or so, and there were never any bad actors before then. All the evil stuff that happened in places like Russia and China before then ... just happened in a vacuum ... well, there were the Brits and Western Europeans despite the scourges that came from the east.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Amazing how all the world's woes started in 1776 or so, and there were never any bad actors before then. All the evil stuff that happened in places like Russia and China before then ... just happened in a vacuum ... well, there were the Brits and Western Europeans despite the scourges that came from the east.
Now when did I say that? When did I ever allude to that? Are you just mad that I'm countering your anti-Russo nonsense with the parallel comparison (or worse) that the US has done?

I agree; the Iranians I've met were likable and competent. Makes you wonder how in the world Iran could fall the nonsense that has put them in the position they are in. Maybe there weren't many good Iranians to begin with and they left?

I often rent cars when I have to travel for work from the Budget/Avis near the Expo Center on Clinton Hwy. It is ran by two Iranian gentlemen. Good dudes. Humble and hardworking. One of them (Sam) knows I like to farm and grow many different types of fruits and vegetables. I have brought them some tomatoes and Meyer Lemons that I grew before. He often tells me stories of how his grandfather was a avid gardener and was very good at it. Some good ground out there apparently. They are Iranian Christians. I am guessing that is why they left, but have never ask. Funny story: They first ended up in Detroit. Spent years there, and left in the 90's because it became a dump and came here to Tennessee.

Reactions: AM64
Now when did I say that? When did I ever allude to that? Are you just mad that I'm countering your anti-Russo nonsense with the parallel comparison (or worse) that the US has done?
No we’re laughing at your myopic one sided Russian view of the world. Just like we always do.

I often rent cars when I have to travel for work from the Budget/Avis near the Expo Center on Clinton Hwy. It is ran by two Iranian gentlemen. Good dudes. Humble and hardworking. One of them (Sam) knows I like to farm and grow many different types of fruits and vegetables. I have brought them some tomatoes and Meyer Lemons that I grew before. He often tells me stories of how his grandfather was a avid gardener and was very good at it. Some good ground out there apparently. They are Iranian Christians. I am guessing that is why they left, but have never ask. Funny story: They first ended up in Detroit. Spent years there, and left in the 90's because it became a dump and came here to Tennessee.
I'm willing to bet there are good Iranian Muslims, also.

I regret to inform everyone that asshat Putin is making nuclear threats. Again. Like he’s done several times before.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world...n=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

But, in his most direct remarks yet he called Germany part of “the aggression of the collective West" which Russia will fight back against.

The warmonger said they will not send tanks to the border but instead will respond with something more firm — insinuating a nuclear threat.

"We do not send our tanks to their borders but we have something to respond with and the use of armoured vehicles will not end the matter. Everyone should understand this," the brute said.

I gotta say..I am coming around.
Ukrainian gov is corrupt..hellz so is ours.

People fighting for their nationality and not whining like us super blessed keyboard strokers.

A major European war. I still dont like the parallels of history as it isn't our battle.

But these nationals are better than most of us.

I gotta say..I am coming around.
Ukrainian gov is corrupt..hellz so is ours.

People fighting for their nationality and not whining like us super blessed keyboard strokers.

A major European war. I still dont like the parallels of history as it isn't our battle.

But these nationals are better than most of us.
Yeah we have our grift problems. All western countries do. And Ukraine had some BIG corruption problems and have a long way to go before they’re as skillful as our guys at hiding it. But that is no reason to just let them get over run by the trash of Europe because they’re bigger. Especially since we signed a document saying we’d help if the need arose and it did. And for once we’re backing a country willing to fight for their right to exist.

But it isn’t a blank check and we’ve allocated way too much money too fast. I saw the current money spent last week was $27B but I believe we’ve committed close to $50 or $60B? More than plenty for now.

I'll bet you're particularly proud of the Russian Mars missions. Out of five tries one didn't get out of Earth's orbit. One left a new crater on Mar's surface. Two just got lost. Mars 3 landed successfully in 1971 and promptly stopped broadcasting 30 seconds later and was never heard from again.

Now, your turn to school me on the US Mars missions.

I'll bet you're particularly proud of the Russian Mars missions. Out of five tries one didn't get out of Earth's orbit. One left a new crater on Mar's surface. Two just got lost. Mars 3 landed successfully in 1971 and promptly stopped broadcasting 30 seconds later and was never heard from again.

Now, your turn to school me on the US Mars missions.
I'm as anti-Russia as anyone, but you can't deny the historical accomplishments of their space program. It was only until just recently we were finally able to send men into orbit without their help.

Reactions: turdherder11

VN Store

Back