War in Ukraine

Ah. I think he’s trying to get the old party back and he’s a homicidal maniac. Crazier stuff has happened
What makes you think he wants to get the USSR back? He's never hinted at that, and plus it would represent a drain on resources trying to administrate/govern an empire. Had Russia been in the business of grabbing land, they would have annexed Donbas 9 years ago when they had referenda to declare independence. He would have also taken Kazakhstan last January.

I mean. Dude witnessed, firsthand, the dissolving of what he believes is sovereign Russian territory. Putin’s been waiting since 1991. Just a matter of time before he made his move. I’m not siding with the guy but how would you feel being extremely patriotic to the US and seeing it unfairly split up into other countries? Resentful maybe?
Putin's comments about the break up of the Soviet Union had to deal with the idea of Russians being scattered over the several republics and overnight not sharing the same borders/country. His quote is really easy to find online in order to get the proper context.

Reactions: DonjoVol and volgr
Putin's comments about the break up of the Soviet Union had to deal with the idea of Russians being scattered over the several republics and overnight not sharing the same borders/country. His quote is really easy to find online in order to get the proper context.
It's also easy to go watch the video of him questioning Ukraine's statehood and claiming it's madness that the republics were allowed to secede when the Eastern Bloc collapsed.

That’s right. I forgot he went in to de- Nazify or whatever. That was easy to find online too.

Look at you, pretending that that the reason for 'ethnic Russians' being scattered over the former SSRs isn't because of forced relocation, and in some cases outright genocide; how quaint.
Soviet repression and deportations in the Baltic states

Uhhh… anybody got subscription on Washington post? Latest article about HIMARS Rocket campaign? Said Ukraine never fire them unless guidance from U.S., I think I’d left that out. Maybe article goes in more detail from what I took from it.

Uhhh… anybody got subscription on Washington post? Latest article about HIMARS Rocket campaign? Said Ukraine never fire them unless guidance from U.S., I think I’d left that out. Maybe article goes in more detail from what I took from it.
They are talking about sending in tanks. Who is going to train and support the Ukrainian battalions operating said tanks? We are! Thanks Joe. Your the best.

What makes you think he wants to get the USSR back? He's never hinted at that, and plus it would represent a drain on resources trying to administrate/govern an empire. Had Russia been in the business of grabbing land, they would have annexed Donbas 9 years ago when they had referenda to declare independence. He would have also taken Kazakhstan last January.

Other than the fact he has spoken at length about the collapse of the Soviet Union being the greatest geopolitical catastrophe the world has seen. Then you have the above quotes in the days leading up to the war in Ukraine.

Wagner Group is basically curtailing efforts to recruit from Russian prisons. Seems word got out that around 80% of the prisoners who went to war are now dead.

So much for endless waves of zombies in Bhakmut.

Great thread on the issue...

Other than the fact he has spoken at length about the collapse of the Soviet Union being the greatest geopolitical catastrophe the world has seen. Then you have the above quotes in the days leading up to the war in Ukraine.
I'm glad you quoted me because it's hilarious going back through this thread and seeing how incredibly wrong Ras has been at every turn and how his narrative has shifted so much.

I'm glad you quoted me because it's hilarious going back through this thread and seeing how incredibly wrong Ras has been at every turn and how his narrative has shifted so much.
I rustled his jimmies earlier with the whole “Putin wanting to get the party back together”. Kinda unhinged him

Do you in WW3? I don’t remember the US specifically getting attacked in this conflict like Pearl Harbor either do you? Asking for a friend

Rhetorical True/False: America provided significant materiel support to Europe prior to our physically entering both world wars.

So... you'd be opposed to supporting Europe back then. Got it. Thankfully the adults are driving the bus here.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back