War in Ukraine

Russias most recent graveyard. 120+ fresh corpses buried here and counting. You can see one of the meat wagon trucks on the far left.
230209134040-02-wagner-russia-convicts.jpg

Reactions: AM64
You forgot a detail.

Heh. As I've noted often here on the PF, it would suck to be your "friend".

If you're referring to the Lend/Lease program with Britain during WWII, you are wrong. The "Cash and Carry" program ended when Britain ran out of money.

"...By December of 1940, as the British were pounded by nightly German bombing attacks, Churchill wrote FDR again saying that “[t]he moment approaches when we shall no longer be able to pay cash for shipping and other supplies.

With the situation increasingly dire for Britain, FDR and his treasury secretary Henry Morgenthau responded with yet another scheme called “lend-lease.” Instead of acting alone, Roosevelt tried to persuade Congress to loan war material to the British with the hope, but not the assurance, that it would be paid back. In a press conference, FDR compared it to lending a hose to a neighbor whose house is on fire. You might not get the hose back, but at least your house didn’t burn down, too.

Congress, sensing that it could be America’s last chance to stay out of the war, overcame isolationist opposition and passed the Lend-Lease Act (subtitled “An Act to Promote the Defense of the United States”) in the spring of 1941, creating the Office of Lend-Lease Administration."

Reactions: AM64
Driving the short bus but I don’t discriminate. This invasion has zip to do with us. When Russia sinks a neutral ship or bombs a US military base I’m all for it until then Ukraine can get fkd. Huge supporter of the MIC and war profiteering I see. You got one of them yellow and blue bumper stickers don’t you?

Neville Chamberlain would be proud of you.

Reactions: AM64 and BeardedVol
Heh. As I've noted often here on the PF, it would suck to be your "friend".

If you're referring to the Lend/Lease program with Britain during WWII, you are wrong. The "Cash and Carry" program ended when Britain ran out of money.

"...By December of 1940, as the British were pounded by nightly German bombing attacks, Churchill wrote FDR again saying that “[t]he moment approaches when we shall no longer be able to pay cash for shipping and other supplies.

With the situation increasingly dire for Britain, FDR and his treasury secretary Henry Morgenthau responded with yet another scheme called “lend-lease.” Instead of acting alone, Roosevelt tried to persuade Congress to loan war material to the British with the hope, but not the assurance, that it would be paid back. In a press conference, FDR compared it to lending a hose to a neighbor whose house is on fire. You might not get the hose back, but at least your house didn’t burn down, too.

Congress, sensing that it could be America’s last chance to stay out of the war, overcame isolationist opposition and passed the Lend-Lease Act (subtitled “An Act to Promote the Defense of the United States”) in the spring of 1941, creating the Office of Lend-Lease Administration."

Yes. How do you think you disproved my statement? Look at who payed their lend lease bills, we’re getting jack squat from Ukraine.

Wagner Group is basically curtailing efforts to recruit from Russian prisons. Seems word got out that around 80% of the prisoners who went to war are now dead.

So much for endless waves of zombies in Bhakmut.

Great thread on the issue...

Here's an idea: since we are so intent on helping Ukraine, why don't we send our prisons-full of lifers over to join in the fight? The cost of flights and a little training would pale in comparison to the tax dollars we'd save. I bet most are decently familiar with firearms, too.

Here's an idea: since we are so intent on helping Ukraine, why don't we send our prisons-full of lifers over to join in the fight? The cost of flights and a little training would pale in comparison to the tax dollars we'd save. I bet most are decently familiar with firearms, too.
Honestly if it was a voluntary program and we stipulated Ukrainian citizenship as part of the deal why not? Give them a chance to earn their freedom using their demonstrated skills and join a brand new European Democracy! But you wanna bet what the volunteer rate would be?

VN Store

Back