War in Ukraine

Why are Ukrainian deserters being killed? A) This must be a bigger problem than the Western Death Cult propaganda media is portraying and B) this flies in the face of claims that "these men want to fight, we (US) are just assisting them not forcing them".

The US Military used to shoot deserters. Russians shoot deserters, this is nothing new.

Reactions: AM64
Good thread regarding Russian citizens sentiment. I found this interesting, which goes along with what I have been saying since last March. The US miscalculated Putin's popularity in Russia, as well as the strength and endurance of the Russian economy.

Gonzo Lira?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 🤣🤣🤣🤣

There is zero doubt he received an extra sack of potatoes for writing that Larry and I don’t even need to read it to know it 🤡

The US Military used to shoot deserters. Russians shoot deserters, this is nothing new.

You don't shoot deserters unless it is becoming a routine problem. There are many other ways to deal with it, especially when you are already at a huge disadvantage of man power.

They already had a population issue.

They had 170 million after WW2.
They have 143 million today.

Another million or so fleeing. Plus the casaulties, and a still declining population is not a good combo.

I dont think I would be chasing away Russians if i was them.

I'd love to chase away a portion of the US. Addition by subtraction.

Good thread regarding Russian citizens sentiment. I found this interesting, which goes along with what I have been saying since last March. The US miscalculated Putin's popularity in Russia, as well as the strength and endurance of the Russian economy.

What's Putin's popularity rating with young people? You know, the ones who access actual news - not TASS propaganda.

Also, be sure to report back to us when Putin does a full-on conscription (i.e. not prison raids) for more human cannon fodder waves. If you're unfamiliar with the unwritten "pact" betwen Putin and his fiefdom peons, you're even dumber than I thought.

Per the Moscow Times, no less, Feb, 2021:

Dissatisfaction With Putin Surges Among Young Russians – Levada Poll
Disapproval among the Putin generation hits a new high.

"Almost half of young people in Russia disapprove of President Vladimir Putin’s performance, according to a poll by the independent Levada Center published Thursday.

Some 46% of Russians aged 18-24 said they did not approve of Putin — a sharp rise from the 31% who said the same last year.

The results are the latest sign that Russia’s younger generation has increasingly turned away from the Kremlin, Levada Center director Lev Gudkov told the Open Media news website."

What's Putin's popularity rating with young people? You know, the ones who access actual news - not TASS propaganda.

Also, be sure to report back to us when Putin does a full-on conscription (i.e. not prison raids) for more human cannon fodder waves. If you're unfamiliar with the unwritten "pact" betwen Putin and his fiefdom peons, you're even dumber than I thought.

Per the Moscow Times, no less, Feb, 2021:

Dissatisfaction With Putin Surges Among Young Russians – Levada Poll
Disapproval among the Putin generation hits a new high.

"Almost half of young people in Russia disapprove of President Vladimir Putin’s performance, according to a poll by the independent Levada Center published Thursday.

Some 46% of Russians aged 18-24 said they did not approve of Putin — a sharp rise from the 31% who said the same last year.

The results are the latest sign that Russia’s younger generation has increasingly turned away from the Kremlin, Levada Center director Lev Gudkov told the Open Media news website."
No no no. An independent news organization that had to flee Russia to avoid political state persecution of its journalism simply cannot add up to counter an opinion piece based on anecdotal data only by a known paid Putin propagandist 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Septic
Try again, these are western favorable Russians.

This dude is a Russian propogandist. I believe what he says about Russia and Russians as I do Biden about Democrats and Trump about Republicans. He's a partisan hack. He wouldn't know objectivity if it hit him in the face.

And before you respond pointing to some random blogger giving their opinion on Ukraine save it. I'm not posting their stuff here and attempting to pass it off as truth to you.

Considering it has been a year and there has been nothing close to an overthrow of Putin, explain how he is wrong.
There were many in America who were unhappy with Iraq and Bush. Yet he wasn't overthrown. Do you even think before you post something or is everything an absolutist knee jerk reaction?

Last edited:
Reactions: USF grad in TN
Yet, many in our gov't thought it was possible?
It's still possible. He is attempting to marginalize Wagner. It could be because he fears their influence and if they can be controlled. It's certainly a possibility.

Reactions: AM64
Lol, Zerohedge trying to misrepresent Blinkin's statement, color me shocked.
View attachment 536570
Blinken: Crimea a ‘red line’ for Putin as Ukraine weighs plans to retake it

Totally misleading headline related to their own writing. As usual for them. From ZH’s own article:

Blinken, according to two of the people, gave the impression that the U.S. doesn’t consider a push to retake Crimea to be a wise move at this time. He didn’t say those words explicitly, they underscored.

Two other people didn’t take Blinken’s comments that way. The secretary remarked that it is solely the Ukrainians’ decision as to what they try to take by force, not America’s. That signaled to them that Blinken was more open to a potential Ukrainian play for Crimea.

VN Store

Back