War in Ukraine

Meanwhile, Zelensky is refusing to pull troops out of Bakhmut until Joe Biden delivers a speach. So basically throwing Ukrainian lives away for a Biden PR stunt.

I'm not buying it. If you said he doesn't want to give Putin a victory before his annual address to the federal assembly in a couple of days because of the potential effect on Russian moral and Putin's political standing, I might buy it.

I was always curious about these monsters

250px-Yorktown13inmortars1862.jpg

There would be no attacks in Donbas if the Russians didn't foment separatism in the first place.
The Russians didn't foment separatism. The US coup that overthrew the govt that they mostly supported made them naturally feel alienated. Look at how alienated the MAGA crowd is after 2020.

Stolen elections have consequences.

I'm not buying it. If you said he doesn't want to give Putin a victory before his annual address to the federal assembly in a couple of days because of the potential effect on Russian moral and Putin's political standing, I might buy it.
OK, lets roll with that. It would still be throwing away lives for the sake of PR.

Also, you act as though Bakhmut hasn't been politicized before.

Wait, the Donbas was wanting autonomy after the stolen election/coup and the Kyiv regime attacked them. Your little cartoon is flawed.
So your view is that if some portion of entity X (city, state, area, county, etc) wants to secede from the nation, then they have that right? If so, what "X" has that right (city, state, area, county, etc)? Is it done on a winner takes all basis? Does it have to be a supermajority? Does the nation itself and its citizens who don't reside in X have any say? If not, why not?

On a less theoretical basis, do you know how secession works under Ukrainian law?

The Russians didn't foment separatism. The US coup that overthrew the govt that they mostly supported made them naturally feel alienated. Look at how alienated the MAGA crowd is after 2020.

Stolen elections have consequences.
The coup never happened. More bald dwarf fabrication. Just like the “separatists” Girkin created when he was at the beach head of the invasion in 2014.

So your view is that if some portion of entity X (city, state, area, county, etc) wants to secede from the nation, then they have that right? If so, what "X" has that right (city, state, area, county, etc)? Is it done on a winner takes all basis? Does it have to be a supermajority? Does the nation itself and its citizens who don't reside in X have any say? If not, why not?
Golan Heights?
NE Cypress?
NE Syria?

On a less theoretical basis, do you know how secession works under Ukrainian law?
It doesn't matter because the legitimate govt was overthrown, thus making the new regime null and void.

VN Store

Back