War in Ukraine

Debaltseve is in Donetsk? WTF are you talking about? Why would the need to "capture" something that is in their territory? Why would the Kyiv regime still be fighting for it and not withdrawing.

And I like how you cleverly insert Debaltseve in some of you claims because it is sandwiched in between Minsk I and Minsk II.

Are you really this ignorant of the subject you are attempting to argue?
The Battle of Debaltseve: a Hybrid Army in a Classic Battle of Encirclement | Small Wars Journal

I don't know they pretty much leveled Grozny to suppress the Chechen uprisings. Funny independence is okay in Ukraine but not in Russia.

As you say, rebellion has consequences. Which is true historically, but you seem to pick and choose which rebellion should have consequences.

Debaltseve is in Donetsk? WTF are you talking about? Why would the need to "capture" something that is in their territory? Why would the Kyiv regime still be fighting for it and not withdrawing.

And I like how you cleverly insert Debaltseve in some of you claims because it is sandwiched in between Minsk I and Minsk II.

Clearly you didn't bother reading the Minsk II agreement. The cease fire was supposed to start on 2/15 and the DNR/LNR kept fighting up until the 20th claiming Debaltseve wasn't apart of the agreement.

Donbas would have still been a part of Ukraine. They would have lost Crimea. That deal today is far better than the deal they are going to get later on.

Which you and I said a year ago when these yahoos were pushing Ukraine to further escalate this conflict instead of seeking peace.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
I am honest with myself and the belligerent bully in this situation is Russia. There is no question about that. Russia was never threatened nor was Ukraine ever a threat.

Well, you and I will strongly disagree on whether Russia was threatened and neither of us will likely change our mind.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Your own post gave it away. The map speaks for itself.

So except for Crimea they arent the majority in any region in question.....its almost as if when the borders were drawn they took that into consideration. And without doing some really dumb exclave nonsense there is no way you are going to get every little village where it "should" be.

So except for Crimea they arent the majority in any region in question.....its almost as if when the borders were drawn they took that into consideration. And without doing some really dumb exclave nonsense there is no way you are going to get every little village where it "should" be.
I wonder what could have been in Sevastopol that would result in such a large concentration of Russians? Ponder ponder…

Well, you and I will strongly disagree on whether Russia was threatened and neither of us will likely change our mind.

So Estonia and Latvia joined NATO in 2004.

Both of these countries physically border Russia.

So, riddle me this, Chuckles: How is it that Ukraine "threatened" Russia, yet Estonia and Latvia didn't?

So Estonia and Latvia joined NATO in 2004.

Both of these countries physically border Russia.

So, riddle me this, Chuckles: How is it that Ukraine "threatened" Russia, yet Estonia and Latvia didn't?

I'm really looking forward to watching the mental gymnastics that will be employed in @volgr 's response.
200w.gif

I still want to know what is an Ethnic Russian and how they are different than ethnic Ukrainians?

VN Store

Back