War in Ukraine

If your main concern is financial, I still don't understand your opposition, if you claim to support lend-lease in WWII.

We were paid back for most of the material under lend lease 1941. Can you find a figure as to how much Ukraine currently owes us under Lend/Lease 2022?

They just called Putin and coordinated the visit.
Puddinhead was already going to Poland on a multi day visit. It sounds like this was a fairly quick change done for a rail day trip to Kyiv. I’m not sure it really makes a lot of risk/reward sense as we aren’t actively controlling the battle space (and I hope we never do) but it’s rather moot now as it’s over.

Reactions: AM64
We were paid back for most of the material under lend lease 1941. Can you find a figure as to how much Ukraine currently owes us under Lend/Lease 2022?

It look the UK and Russia 60+ years to pay it back.

How about you let Ukraine use the weapons to push Russia out of their territory before you start asking for payment in full?

I just wonder how many of our “support Ukraine at all costs” members would be so adamant had Biden not been elected?

Apparently (allegedly), Biden Administration got it cleared by the Kremlin.

Poor choice of describing it. They contacted Russia to notify them who would be visiting for "deconflicting purposes" (no permission ask). Meaning Biden visiting today I wouldn't do anything stupid.

Reactions: tvolsfan
False flag? Projection? Remember Bucha? Remember the Kramatorsk train station? Polish missiles?

The only ones involved in false flags are the Ukrainians.
The Polish missiles false flag where the "perpetrators" were the ones who identified the source as from Ukraine?

How was Bucha a false flags the bodies were dead more than a week before Ukraine came in. And remember the changing Russian narrative? There was no massacre. Oh there was a massacre, but it was by Ukraine. Then it was yeah there was a massacre by russia, but it was just one guy. Then finally it went back to ye olde yeah there was a massacre by a lot of Russians but the victims deserved it because they were Nazis. Lots of changing "official" stories came out of Russia to talk it away.

Not sure what the Kamorstrk false flag was. It was being used by civilians and soldiers. Ukraine claimed only civilians were killed, russia claimed only soldiers were killed. But that was after Russia had said they were targetting something else.

This is why I stopped believing as many conspiracy theories. They HAVE to go to 11, way past anything reasonable

Reactions: BeardedVol
So what are you saying?

We let unions run wild, and never applied antitrust regulations to them like we did companies. Unions sell labor; companies sell goods and services - should be a direct correlation. Companies theoretically can't collude or monopolize markets, unions are free to do both; that means unions have had unfair advantage which invariably leads to increasing wage rates with no matching increase in productivity. Next are minimum wage rates that get bumped time and again for no good reason except to make liberals feel good. Any increase in the cost of labor without a matching increase in productivity is inflationary and skews the local labor rate vs the broader labor rate (global labor rate in this case). We simply overpriced US labor.

The other issue is that of skills and work ethic. We are losing ground with both. Some groups of people are more enamored with gang life or "appearance" than they are with working and gaining the required education. Other groups have been oversold on "college for everybody" and don't feel that labor is for them. We're like a spoiled society - spoiled kids who want a life of leisure without having to earn it and brats who don't want to do anything productive. Look at education scores and check where Asians stack up against the rest of US society - a particularly apt comparison since we were talking Taiwan and electronics manufacturing.

Reactions: MG1968 and hog88
As you say, rebellion has consequences. Which is true historically, but you seem to pick and choose which rebellion should have consequences.
Same for you guys and Russia.

The difference no invaded Kosovo or Chechnya before those rebellions. That was actually one of the leading causes of Kosovo. The west stayed out of it for so long it turned into genocide, on both sides.

Reactions: AM64 and OrangeBoro
Poor choice of describing it. They contacted Russia to notify them who would be visiting for "deconflicting purposes" (no permission ask). Meaning Biden visiting today I wouldn't do anything stupid.
Deconflicting purposes=another blank check for Zelensky

Would we do the same?

Would we hold fire if Putin told us he was going to be walking the streets of Donetsk?
What right do we have today to make a direct attack on the head of state of Russia to assassinate him? He’s a POS but we have no grounds to kill him.

VN Store

Back