War in Ukraine

If Russia prevails in Ukraine they won’t stop until all non NATO bordering (or newly bordering) countries are assimilated in sane made up historical ethnic tie stupid narrative.

I cannot believe they would be stupid enough to actually attack a NATO member and invoke article 5 that would be their end. If the bald dwarf sees himself going out and tries to make that play hopefully he will be neutralized from within.

But I think those are the only two end options. Either Russia prevails or the Russian government collapses.
Option 3, Putin sees he is losing and decides to deploy tactical nukes. Wither then friends?

Option 3, Putin sees he is losing and decides to deploy tactical nukes. Wither then friends?
You know this tired appeal to appeasement is still not getting traction. If he decides to initiate nuclear war and his own people don’t take him out then we get nuclear war. And the appeasement narrative you’re pushing is yet more reason why this tool has to go.

And option 3 still ends with the collapse of the Russian government

Reactions: AM64
The easiest way to keep that from occuring would be to remove Russian troops from Ukraine, and reinforce positions around Moscow.
The point I wished to make is not even related to how practical the Ukraine wish is or isn’t. It is that that sort of intransigence (and similar stubbornness on the Russian side) makes any near term resolution highly unlikely. Which means the terrible bloodshed continues and we continue whistling around in the graveyard of open graves that is the danger of WWIII
28D381B4-F181-41E1-9CF9-8FE41F9EF29A.gif

You know this tired appeal to appeasement is still not getting traction. If he decides to initiate nuclear war and his own people don’t take him out then we get nuclear war. And the appeasement narrative you’re pushing is yet more reason why this tool has to go.

And option 3 still ends with the collapse of the Russian government
It is not appeasement. It is realpolitik. Small regional wars involving great powers eventually spiral into something much worse of you don’t end them. If there is a small grass fire burning next to your barn full of hay, a wise farmer tries to put it out quickly

It is not appeasement. It is realpolitik. Small regional wars involving great powers eventually spiral into something much worse of you don’t end them. If there is a small grass fire burning next to your barn full of hay, a wise farmer tries to put it out quickly
It is appeasement. And I don’t care how much you protest that it isn’t.

Reactions: BeardedVol
The point I wished to make is not even related to how practical the Ukraine wish is or isn’t. It is that that sort of intransigence (and similar stubbornness on the Russian side) makes any near term resolution highly unlikely. Which means the terrible bloodshed continues and we continue whistling around in the graveyard of open graves that is the danger of WWIII
View attachment 537466
Sounds like more appeasement talking to me.

Reactions: BeardedVol
View attachment 537466

How many other countries on this planet do you think would just surrender to an invader and give up 20% of their territory for a temporary peace, rather than attempt to resist?

And giving concessions to avoid conflict makes the next war even bigger. The world did nothing when Germany went into the Rhineland, didn't lift a finger at Anschluss, and negotiated away Czechoslovakia's sovereignty and it still didn't avert a war. Same thing happened in Georgia in 2008 and Crimea in 2014 and now we're left in a larger war thanks to inaction then.

VN Store

Back