War in Ukraine

Don't really understand the Russian escalation regarding Moldova. Had the war went in a direction and Ukraine faltered and they took Odessa I could see them expanding a land bridge to occupied Moldova but now a year into the war and the Russians suffering setbacks I don't understand it. Unless he wants Ukraine to do something or have the FSB stage false flags on the border in Ukrainian uniforms? That way he can go the Russian people and say we need to declare war and shift to a total war footing to protect our Russian brothers and sisters?

When have I made posts about war updates? I can't recall a single time I've posted on any of the combat specifics. I'll wait...
If you think this is because Biden is weak, should he escalate? Should he provide more sanctions, more weapons, actual boots on the ground, a nuke? What would Trump have done that would have been stronger, more sanctions, more weapons, actual boots on the ground, a nuke?

As I mentioned, I don't think this war happens but I'll play along.

If you are Trump, then you definitely increase sanctions but you discuss with NATO member in Europe that they need to lead with our support because it impacts them more regionally than us. We seem to be leading this effort financially, with rhetoric and overall there appears to be no way forward for diplomacy because of it. We are knee deep and I think we see China start to help Russia which means Russia will have resources to continue. The rhetoric coming from the US is not one that is wanting some type of mediation between Ukraine and Russia.

Reactions: TrojanorVol
Don't really understand the Russian escalation regarding Moldova. Had the war went in a direction and Ukraine faltered and they took Odessa I could see them expanding a land bridge to occupied Moldova but now a year into the war and the Russians suffering setbacks I don't understand it. Unless he wants Ukraine to do something or have the FSB stage false flags on the border in Ukrainian uniforms? That way he can go the Russian people and say we need to declare war and shift to a total war footing to protect our Russian brothers and sisters?
Honestly I think they’re desperate for any kind of victory and Moldova is as soft as it gets that they can get to

As I mentioned, I don't think this war happens but I'll play along.

If you are Trump, then you definitely increase sanctions but you discuss with NATO member in Europe that they need to lead with our support because it impacts them more regionally than us. We seem to be leading this effort financially, with rhetoric and overall there appears to be no way forward for diplomacy because of it. We are knee deep and I think we see China start to help Russia which means Russia will have resources to continue. The rhetoric coming from the US is not one that is wanting some type of mediation between Ukraine and Russia.

So you think Russia would not have started this if there was a different break down in which countries are sending support to Ukraine (after the fact)? Why does that matter? Do you think Trump being a "mediator" is a stronger position in relation to all those unrelated Biden gripes you listed? If Trump is so anti-china and Biden is so pro-china as many claim, why would China come in on Russia's side now?

Edit: I may have misunderstood your post, but after re-reading your first sentence, I specifically want to know why you think Trump being president prevents this war, not what he would do differently after it starts.

Honestly I think they’re desperate for any kind of victory and Moldova is as soft as it gets that they can get to

Only other scenario I see is if they open up another front maybe they're hoping the West will be forced to divide support between two fronts?

Only other scenario I see is if they open up another front maybe they're hoping the West will be forced to divide support between two fronts?
I can’t see Transnistria going too long. They have plenty of ammo as long as they can get to it but are cut off from everything else

Reactions: AM64

More importantly look at the second tweet, eastern Europeans know the true cost of Russian occupation more than anyone.

Wait... are these the tanks that Czechia stole from Morocco???

Morocco’s T-72 tanks were sent to Ukraine without permission

Morocco purchased from Belarus a batch of 136 T-72B battle tanks, including 12 commander T-72BKS and spare parts for them around two decades ago

In 2021, Morocco signed an agreement with a Czech company Excalibur Army on the purchase of the first batch of military equipment and the modernization it’s fleet of T-72 main battle tanks.

“The Czechs violated the contract in favor of Ukraine after the intervention of America and the Netherlands,” Rabat said.

Yeah the Russians probably have a **** ton of ammo dating back the the 1940s I would think (They stockpile everything) but I'd imagine much of the store they pull from deep storage is like this.

I'm sure you will likely find batches of ammo here or there in poor shape, but let's be clear... Russian guns go "bang bang" just fine because they have more than enough ammo... even for Wagner.

Anyone know what our definition of "the end" is? Does it only mean complete withdrawal of all Russian gained territory and full cessation (whatever that means) of Russian aggression towards Ukraine?

Anyone know what our definition of "the end" is? Does it only mean complete withdrawal of all Russian gained territory and full cessation (whatever that means) of Russian aggression towards Ukraine?

Anything else is just freezing the conflict, the same way Russia did in Georgia in 2008, and with their initial invasion of Ukraine in 2014.

All that will lead to is a renewed Russian attack when they recoup enough resources to make another go in a few years.

The West can't support one front right now.

The only ones desperate enough to open a second front is Ukraine in the hopes it spills over into Romania and triggers Article 5.

That is it. The only options on the table for NATO to achieve those goals are to go nuclear. It should be obvious by now that they don't have the conventional means, material or men amongst the 30 members to keep up with Russia.

That’s definitely an undeniable truth. I wonder how many of their ICBMs actually work? I guess they’d only need one. If they nuked Kyiv, does any country still support them? From the evidence we’ve seen, how quickly would NATO forces be able to neutralize them?

It would be interesting if Russian nuked themselves with faulty old equipment while trying to get Ukraine. If they know at all what they are doing the warheads wouldn't detonate, but it could still be a nasty mess.

That is it. The only options on the table for NATO to achieve those goals are to go nuclear. It should be obvious by now that they don't have the conventional means, material or men amongst the 30 members to keep up with Russia.

laughter-haha.gif

VN Store

Back