War in Ukraine

Oh and no there is a 3rd side. Stop sending blank checks to biden's pal and stay out of it.

Yes that option is there but that also invites risks of other autocrats seeing the lack of Western resolve as permission to repeat the scenario over and over again. Then you have world on fire and that is beneficial to no one. Every action has inherent risks but I firmly believe just staying out of it will make things worse for us in the future. Don't think for a moment that Beijing isn't watching this conflict and factoring in our responses to a potential conflict in the Taiwan strait.

Peace, sure.

If you have a question, ask it. Dont dance around and hide behind multiple different discussions.

1. They should be allies.
2. You want them to kill each other.
3. Do you want peace?

Very round about way to go.

Being at peace would not make them allies.
Should India and Pakistan be allies? Yes or no.

Yes that option is there but that also invites risks of other autocrats seeing the lack of Western resolve as permission to repeat the scenario over and over again. Then you have world on fire and that is beneficial to no one. Every action has inherent risks but I firmly believe just staying out of it will make things worse for us in the future. Don't think for a moment that Beijing isn't watching this conflict and factoring in our responses to a potential conflict in the Taiwan strait.
So to be clear, if the conflict lasts for years to come you want us to continue to send billions? Or if it continues you want us to get more involved? Are we going to help until the very end regardless what it costs and no matter how long

The posts tell the tale Curly. You’ve been playing victim and Donjoing people for multiple pages since my final exchange on the topic of your idiotic argument. That’s the quietest tantrum I can ever remember happening🤡
I still see you're throwing a tantrum. We're on day 3 now. Are you going to carry it over into the weekend too?

LOL. If Ukraine attacked Russia I would feel the same way. I don't care which corrupt thug "leader" wins here. Putin is a no good worthless scumbag. Zelensky isn't much better. I don't want to go to war over Zelensky and I don't want to keep sending him billions.
Sure. Because that’s clearly a likelihood happening. 😂

So to be clear, if the conflict lasts for years to come you want us to continue to send billions? Or if it continues you want us to get more involved? Are we going to help until the very end regardless what it costs and no matter how long

What we're doing now is enough. I have never advocated the deployment of troops to this conflict and never will. The Ukrainians have shown they are willing and capable to do the fighting they just need the tools. Like it or not this is how foreign policy is played out and there is no changing that now. The world is far to interconnected to go back to the days of thinking isolationism works.

Sure. Because that’s clearly a likelihood happening. 😂
I have no idea why you who are so pro Zelensky and Ukraine feel the need to immediately go on the attack when our intervention is questioned. We aren’t allowed to question anything about blank checks going to a very corrupt leader. No oversight just keep sending checks

Reactions: TrojanorVol
I have no idea why you who are so pro Zelensky and Ukraine feel the need to immediately go on the attack when our intervention is questioned. We aren’t allowed to question anything about blank checks going to a very corrupt leader. No oversight just keep sending checks
I’m anti Russian aggression. Ukraine is the current place that is happening.

I agree with most of you post except for this. It's pretty much a stalemate right now.

I see your point. But - When you consider the relative losses, the relative sizes of militaries, and the loss of ground suffered by the russians, I stick to my statement.

That means they don't need anymore tanks from us or other NATO members.

Keep that up.

Sure they do. The russians keep driving their tanks into minefields deployed by artillery, so I suspect it is going to be more difficult to capture a working vehicle going forward. Blame it on general russian incompetence. Besides, it will be enlightening to NATO to see what older generation NATO systems do to russian formations. I suspect it is not going to be pretty for the invaders. Sorry, troll.

Yes. It was not an issue when we occupied Iraq, and not an issue when we occupied Afghanistan, so I am not sure where all this hand wringing is coming from.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
I see your point. But - When you consider the relative losses, the relative sizes of militaries, and the loss of ground suffered by the russians, I stick to my statement.

Sure they do. The russians keep driving their tanks into minefields deployed by artillery, so I suspect it is going to be more difficult to capture a working vehicle going forward. Blame it on general russian incompetence. Besides, it will be enlightening to NATO to see what older generation NATO systems do to russian formations. I suspect it is not going to be pretty for the invaders. Sorry, troll.

Yes. It was not an issue when we occupied Iraq, and not an issue when we occupied Afghanistan, so I am not sure where all this hand wringing is coming from.
That's very concerning if that's the case. We can't and shouldn't continue doing this.

What we're doing now is enough. I have never advocated the deployment of troops to this conflict and never will. The Ukrainians have shown they are willing and capable to do the fighting they just need the tools. Like it or not this is how foreign policy is played out and there is no changing that now. The world is far to interconnected to go back to the days of thinking isolationism works.
I disagree with you but I appreciate how you made your case, not everyone here can do that.

Reactions: USF grad in TN

VN Store

Back