War in Ukraine

If we are going to use the CFB analogy I would say it's like Florida vs Alabama, I hate both. I wish both could lose
Eh, I cant say before this I had particularly strong feelings about either. Maybe like watching USC play UCLA or Cal.

It's got a name behind it that's going to draw me in, but they have been down long enough where I dont think a win for either side really matters.

Reactions: OrangeBoro
If we are going to use the CFB analogy I would say it's like Florida vs Alabama, I hate both. I wish both could lose

It's a terrible analogy, given that both Alabama and Florida are "enemies" of Tennessee, and in the case of Ukraine and Russia, only Russia is an enemy of the United States.

Reactions: AM64
I have no idea why you who are so pro Zelensky and Ukraine feel the need to immediately go on the attack when our intervention is questioned. We aren’t allowed to question anything about blank checks going to a very corrupt leader. No oversight just keep sending checks

Hi, Vlad. Welcome to the VN board. I see you just joined in November and have jumped right in on questioning the war effort, doing your best to rally the GOPers against it and to make it partisan. I doubt anyone will see right through that.

Interesting

WSJ News Exclusive | NATO’s Biggest European Members Float Defense Pact With Ukraine

But the public rhetoric masks deepening private doubts among politicians in the U.K., France and Germany that Ukraine will be able to expel the Russians from eastern Ukraine and Crimea, which Russia has controlled since 2014, and a belief that the West can only help sustain the war effort for so long, especially if the conflict settles into a stalemate, officials from the three countries say.

“We keep repeating that Russia mustn’t win, but what does that mean? If the war goes on for long enough with this intensity, Ukraine’s losses will become unbearable,” a senior French official said. “And no one believes they will be able to retrieve Crimea.”

Such talk contrasts sharply with public comments this week by President Biden and other Western leaders, who called for unity in the face of what they termed Russian aggression. None mentioned the prospect of Kyiv opening talks with Moscow in the near future.

Eh, I cant say before this I had particularly strong feelings about either. Maybe like watching USC play UCLA or Cal.

It's got a name behind it that's going to draw me in, but they have been down long enough where I dont think a win for either side really matters.
Initially I almost said Temple vs Buffalo, couldn't careless either way

Hi, Vlad. Welcome to the VN board. I see you just joined in November and have jumped right in on questioning the war effort, doing your best to rally the GOPers against it and to make it partisan. I doubt anyone will see right through that.
Mr Zelensky, how much of those tax payer billions we have sent have you kept and how much have you funneled to the biden crime family?

No but we can't save everyone and I am sure the billions we send goes through him and he's corrupt

Every country has some corruption in its institutions. We send billions to African countries, Pakistan, India, the Philippines, all have some level of corruption.

Ukraine at least is taking visible steps to root out the Russian-style corruption in their country.

It's ok, you can just be honest and say that you are pro-Russian instead of pussyfooting around it by regurgitating Russian talking points.

Interesting

WSJ News Exclusive | NATO’s Biggest European Members Float Defense Pact With Ukraine

But the public rhetoric masks deepening private doubts among politicians in the U.K., France and Germany that Ukraine will be able to expel the Russians from eastern Ukraine and Crimea, which Russia has controlled since 2014, and a belief that the West can only help sustain the war effort for so long, especially if the conflict settles into a stalemate, officials from the three countries say.

“We keep repeating that Russia mustn’t win, but what does that mean? If the war goes on for long enough with this intensity, Ukraine’s losses will become unbearable,” a senior French official said. “And no one believes they will be able to retrieve Crimea.”

Such talk contrasts sharply with public comments this week by President Biden and other Western leaders, who called for unity in the face of what they termed Russian aggression. None mentioned the prospect of Kyiv opening talks with Moscow in the near future.
Wtf would a defense pact mean now? Are they going to make it retroactive? If europe wants to do that they can, but leave us out of that mess.

Every country has some corruption in its institutions. We send billions to African countries, Pakistan, India, the Philippines, all have some level of corruption.

Ukraine at least is taking visible steps to root out the Russian-style corruption in their country.

It's ok, you can just be honest and say that you are pro-Russian instead of pussyfooting around it by regurgitating Russian talking points.
LOL, to you all anyone who questions billions being sent to a corrupt piece of trash is pro Russian. Some of you are a joke. I don't give a damn about Russia either, Putin is also scum.

I'm only pro our tax dollars not going to every other country/leader around the world. It's not our problem what happens over there.

Reactions: VolStrom
Initially I almost said Temple vs Buffalo, couldn't careless either way
Oh I definitely could care less. The circumstances surrounding this conflict are enough for me to care about. Especially once you see the reaction of government had.

I am generally interested in international affairs, more so than internal affairs. It's just the way I am wired after 9-11

Reactions: AM64 and OrangeBoro
LOL, to you all anyone who questions billions being sent to a corrupt piece of trash is pro Russian. Some of you are a joke. I don't give a damn about Russia either, Putin is also scum.

I'm only pro our tax dollars not going to every other country/leader around the world. It's not our problem what happens over there.

No, I just question anyone who is so ignorant of how military aid works, that they think the US is basically flying pallets of cash to Ukraine and rolling it into Zelenky's office, giving him a wink, and walking away.
Aid to Ukraine Explained in Six Charts

Your seeming obsession with "Ukrainian corruption", is just an attempt to mask your support for Russia.

1677265409713.png
1677265375423.png
https://www.transparency.org/en/

Attachments

• 1677265350165.png
    1677265350165.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 0

What happens over there (Europe) has resulted in American intervention with actual combat troops in the past. Europe is one place we can not ignore and we have vital interest in maintaining the peace and security there.

VN Store

Back