War in Ukraine

Now that's how you hit it and quit it.

Interesting to note that the A-100 (A-50 replacement) is delayed because of the sanctions that some people here keep telling us aren't hurting Russia.

The A-50's capabilities are a very limited capacity for Russia. Roughly around 10 are thought to be operational in general, with some sources saying the number is actually significantly lower. Even fewer are actually capable of flying missions at any given time. Beyond supporting the Ukraine war, one is usually forward deployed to Syria.

The aging A-50's far more capable replacement, the A-100, has been delayed. The program is known to have been hit particularly hard by sanctions as a result of this war.

Claims Swirl Around Supposed Strike On Russian A-50 Radar Jet In Belarus

Hey, AM64 said I sound like Ras anymore. There must be a space-time continuum shift in progress.

You know it's weird when the guys who normally claim to be conservative are arguing that what we are spending to support Ukraine would be better used on social programs in the US, and many who normally would support the victim rather than the bully saying we should turn our back on Ukraine. Maybe having lived through the entire Cold War alters perspectives, but I simply don't think you can be an isolationist today - our oceans aren't the barriers they used to be.

It's odd to be agreeing with EL and siding against you, Hog, and others ... just seems unnatural, but this argument to me is far more than a conservative/liberal stance. It has much more to do with keeping global powers in check and not winding up in a new Cold War.

You know it's weird when the guys who normally claim to be conservative are arguing that what we are spending to support Ukraine would be better used on social programs in the US, and many who normally would support the victim rather than the bully saying we should turn our back on Ukraine. Maybe having lived through the entire Cold War alters perspectives, but I simply don't think you can be an isolationist today - our oceans aren't the barriers they used to be.

It's odd to be agreeing with EL and siding against you, Hog, and others ... just seems unnatural, but this argument to me is far more than a conservative/liberal stance. It has much more to do with keeping global powers in check and not winding up in a new Cold War.
It would be better used on to help people and on infrastructure, etc here in the United States. Being conservative does not mean someone disapproves of spending money to help its own citizens or no government at all.

It is also NOT our job to continue to be involved in world affairs. A select group of U.S. politicians and other individuals have been meddling in Ukraine for over a decade now. This war is being used as a way to protect their interests in Ukraine and people like you are falling for it.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
I doubt Ukraine even has the number of pilots needed to fly these fighter jets that Sean Penn and Lindsay Graham want to send over to Ukraine.

Speaking of Sean Penn. I see he won the Acadamy Award for Best Actor for Mystic River. I remember that being a good movie but the award that year should've went to Ben Kingsley for House of Sand and Fog. House of Sand and Fog was a great movie but is right up there with AI as one of the most depressing movies I've ever seen.

Penn's best performance, in my opinion, was as Sam Bicke in the movie Assassination of Richard Nixon.

It is also NOT our job to continue to be involved in world affairs. A select group of U.S. politicians and other individuals have been meddling in Ukraine for over a decade now. This war is being used as a way to protect their interests in Ukraine and people like you are falling for it.

How quaint.

Also: This "internet" thing is just a fad.

Reactions: AM64
I doubt Ukraine even has the number of pilots needed to fly these fighter jets that Sean Penn and Lindsay Graham want to send over to Ukraine.

Speaking of Sean Penn. I see he won the Acadamy Award for Best Actor for Mystic River. I remember that being a good movie but the award that year should've went to Ben Kingsley for House of Sand and Fog. House of Sand and Fog was a great movie but is right up there with AI as one of the most depressing movies I've ever seen.

Penn's best performance, in my opinion, was as Sam Bicke in the movie Assassination of Richard Nixon.
Well his wife beating ass should shut up and pick up a rifle.

Reactions: AM64 and DonjoVol

We’re already in a Cold War with China. And I don’t want to take the money we are sending to Ukraine and spend it on social programs here, I don’t want to spend the money period.

Lol. Well at least you were honest for once.
You said "should". There is no reason they "should" be allies. They could/can be allies, but none of that is a reason they SHOULD be allies.

Especially as an outsider saying what two other nations should do is very presumptious.

It is time to withdraw from Bakhmut and fall back to another defensive location. The window to be able to withdraw safely is rapidly closing and the defenders there did their jobs. They bled the Russians/Wagner dry and tied up valuable resources and manpower for months. Ukrainian command can not allow this to become another Azovstal.
Does make one wonder if Ukraine has adopted a no-step back mindset. Bakhmut held long enough for a dozen contingencies to be put in place.

It's also likely that the Ukrainians havent fully adopted the western training/mindset and still have the Russian mindset when it comes to war. Throwing bodies at the problem.

Just curious, but why does it matter if Iran or North Korea or China gives Russia ammunition or weapons?

Just trying to understand the big deal.
Same reason it's a big deal for the west to give weapons and ammo to Ukraine.

It means we are all at war. They are all escalating the fight. It means their MICs are using dead Russians and Ukrainians to get rich. Its demilitrazing those nations for the next NATO invasion. You know, the usual.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Does make one wonder if Ukraine has adopted a no-step back mindset. Bakhmut held long enough for a dozen contingencies to be put in place.

It's also likely that the Ukrainians havent fully adopted the western training/mindset and still have the Russian mindset when it comes to war. Throwing bodies at the problem.

It appears the Ukrainians are making counterattacks in and around Bakhmut that are going well and pushing the Russians back. Still I don't think they'll be able to hold long term.

VN Store

Back