War in Ukraine

In all fairness your position is not uncommon on the right. Even Mark Levin realizes the importance of helping Ukraine eventhough things have probably happened because of the idiot.
My stance is we made a commitment and we need to stand by it. That’s it. Any feelings on morality are moot I believe due to our commitment. I do believe there are a long list of reasons why it makes good sense to support them but I think they’re largely not needed.

Reactions: AM64
China's been in a cold war with us for decades. They've just been hoping we wouldn't notice.

And way too many people didn't notice the makings of a cold war with China - even a handful of years ago I remember getting a lot of flak for my comments against China. I think a lot of people didn't want to notice we had problems with China because it was personally profitable to them not to notice. A lot of people chose not to notice problems with China because they made poor business decisions, sunk a tremendous amount of investment in China, and turned their backs on this country. A lot of politicians have a lot to answer for because they stupidly bought globalization, stupidly saw China as a friend, and failed to do what was best for this country which was to find ways to keep a workforce viable - the same workforce they've helped destroy. To survive there has to be recognition that China is an enemy, and there has to be a reset here to make the US worker competitive again.

And way too many people didn't notice the makings of a cold war with China - even a handful of years ago I remember getting a lot of flak for my comments against China. I think a lot of people didn't want to notice we had problems with China because it was personally profitable to them not to notice. A lot of people chose not to notice problems with China because they made poor business decisions, sunk a tremendous amount of investment in China, and turned their backs on this country. A lot of politicians have a lot to answer for because they stupidly bought globalization, stupidly saw China as a friend, and failed to do what was best for this country which was to find ways to keep a workforce viable - the same workforce they've helped destroy. To survive there has to be recognition that China is an enemy, and there has to be a reset here to make the US worker competitive again.
China's sun is setting some. You will see more and more pull back from globalization. It will be more hemisphere specific. South America and Mexico will be producing more and more of our stuff. China will also be so bad upside down with their old one child policy having took them out at the knees. They shot themselves in both kneecaps decades ago.

It appears the Ukrainians are making counterattacks in and around Bakhmut that are going well and pushing the Russians back. Still I don't think they'll be able to hold long term.

Playing in pockets is a dangerous game though. You might get lucky and the pocket dissolves into two flanks, but it's more likely to get swallowed in a pocket.

Reactions: Hunerwadel
China's sun is setting some. You will see more and more pull back from globalization. It will be more hemisphere specific. South America and Mexico will be producing more and more of our stuff. China will also be so bad upside down with their old one child policy having took them out at the knees. They shot themselves in both kneecaps decades ago.
We should be prodding US companies to invest in Central America. It builds their economy and helps provide their people with a path to earn what they need to live. It keeps our money in our hemisphere. It would ease the pressure on mass migration out of Central America.

So since there are so many good reasons to do it and how much business sense it makes that’s exactly why we’ll never do it

@Rasputin_Vol's good Christian soldiers who are protecting the Russians in the Donbas.

NATO encroachment was a ruse. Protecting the Russians and Russian speaking population of the Donbas was a ruse. It's all about land, Russia's shrinking sphere of influence, and getting the old Russian empire back together.

We've got a lot of our own labor/population issues to address, too ... much of it politically induced. We have way too many people of our own not participating in the workforce to survive and prosper. I put a lot of blame on the politicians who keep handing out money to those who don't work and won't learn in spite of a free education. Far too much political effort is going into civil change (the creation of mindless minorities for votes) that fractures a potentially competent workforce. Far too much political effort went into pumping unions for votes and turning the US workforce into an unmanageable and overpaid nightmare. We can't be a viable force for long if we don't produce, and we can't produce with half the population sitting on it's collective butt. Some of that non participation is related to an aging population; we do have a bit of the China problem ourselves in that regard.

Our higher education has done it's share of damage, too, by promoting education that doesn't support the industry we need and in promoting business education that fails to understand how to run a business. One day somebody might relearn that running business isn't about numbers; it's about not alienating the whole damn company with holier than thou smart ass BS (business school) attitude, and it is all about building the the cooperation of management and workers to produce goods and some services. All that presupposes that the regulators (that universities also educate and influence) actually let industries work.

Fp9f8BqWIAcS_Dj
Not a reliable source.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
There are a lot of positives for us if Mexico would up their manufacturing prowess. Especially on those everyday items that China is sending us by the boatload. They have the people available to do it. I don't believe they can pull it off until they get rid of those damn cartels though.

There are a lot of positives for us if Mexico would up their manufacturing prowess. Especially on those everyday items that China is sending us by the boatload. They have the people available to do it. I don't believe they can pull it off until they get rid of those damn cartels though.

Almost the whole of the Latin/Central/South American countries are stagnant because of corruption, and the cartels certainly are a part of it ... whether beneficiaries or propagators. Until you can cut through systems of corrupt officials, kickbacks, bribes, etc, it's going to be difficult for manufacturing to work properly and for it to lead to better lives for the people of those countries. Just a job could involve bribery, favoritism, and kickbacks and have nothing at all to do with ability.

Reactions: Hunerwadel
We've got a lot of our own labor/population issues to address, too ... much of it politically induced. We have way too many people of our own not participating in the workforce to survive and prosper. I put a lot of blame on the politicians who keep handing out money to those who don't work and won't learn in spite of a free education. Far too much political effort is going into civil change (the creation of mindless minorities for votes) that fractures a potentially competent workforce. Far too much political effort went into pumping unions for votes and turning the US workforce into an unmanageable and overpaid nightmare. We can't be a viable force for long if we don't produce, and we can't produce with half the population sitting on it's collective butt. Some of that non participation is related to an aging population; we do have a bit of the China problem ourselves in that regard.

Our higher education has done it's share of damage, too, by promoting education that doesn't support the industry we need and in promoting business education that fails to understand how to run a business. One day somebody might relearn that running business isn't about numbers; it's about not alienating the whole damn company with holier than thou smart ass BS (business school) attitude, and it is all about building the the cooperation of management and workers to produce goods and some services. All that presupposes that the regulators (that universities also educate and influence) actually let industries work.
China's long-term issues are worse.

China's long-term issues are worse.

Probably, but we've abandoned/destroyed manufacturing facilities, found ways to pay people not to work, not invested in future labor, done nothing to tame unions, been unwilling to grasp the correlation between the worker and the consumer. That's without even touching things like regulations and parasitic investment and commodity markets.

I've also heard that their's a cultural problem with expectations of bribes, etc. Still, it's a huge opportunity.

Reactions: Hunerwadel and AM64
Stop being dense. Is it a big deal if I break into your house guns blazing and an outside party proceeds to supply me with more ammo? Sure it’s a big deal.
How is it OK for NATO to arm Ukraine, yet we get butt hurt about any country doing the same (allegedly) for Russia?

How is it OK for NATO to arm Ukraine, yet we get butt hurt about any country doing the same (allegedly) for Russia?
It’s been explained to you Moe. If you lie down with dogs don’t complain about getting fleas. And Xi would likely catch a massive flea infestation with western countries bringing the economic remedy

Russia probably should think before they accept significant aid from China. China is a snake waiting to bite.

There was a man walking down the road when he looked down and saw a wounded snake. He decided to take it home and try to nurse it back to health. He was successful and the snake grew stronger every day. One day he decided it was time to let the snake go. He reached into the box to pick it up and the snake bit him on the wrist. The man said "I took you in, nursed you, fed you and restored your health why did you bite me?"

The snake hissed and said: "You knew I was a ***** snake when you picked me up".

Old story. Maybe some of you haven't heard it.

Why is it ok to help the guy on the ground who is getting his ass kicked by the thugs who jumped him for his wallet and watch, but not ok to help the thugs?

Sorta answers itself, doesn't it?

VN Store

Back