War in Ukraine

We cannot be trusted, find any excuse to threaten any country that goes against us and as a result, have managed to push Russia and China closer together. Iran and Saudi Arabia are opening diplomatic channels. Saudi Arabia and China.

This Ukraine conflict is pushing countries closer together and further from the west...

They are. But why is it “strategic” now? To dare it has been called a rather unimportant village and made no sense on the expenditure of life by the invaders?

Russia may have committed so many units to trying to take Bakhmut, that a hole has opened up somewhere else on the line, and Ukraine is going to attempt to exploit it.

Russia may have committed so many units to trying to take Bakhmut, that a hole has opened up somewhere else on the line, and Ukraine is going to attempt to exploit it.
Could be. They’ve absolutely depleted their local forward forces but that sounds more tactical to me not strategic. Strategic is something with a higher correlation to the overall outcome of Ukraines fight I’d think.

Sorry I don’t follow as much as some. What is be deal with Transnistia (sp)? Why would Ukraine invade?
The USSR and then Russia has had troops there since 1990. It first started as s war between Moldova/Romania and USSR:Russia/Ukraine. The settled position was a Russian garrison there since the 1990’s. Putin has committed to withdrawing the troops multiple times. With the current situation there eviction day is likely coming soon for the Russian occupiers.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
The USSR and then Russia has had troops there since 1990. It first started as s war between Moldova/Romania and USSR:Russia/Ukraine. The settled position was a Russian garrison there since the 1990’s. Putin has committed to withdrawing the troops multiple times. With the current situation there eviction day is likely coming soon for the Russian occupiers.
Oh okay, so is the government of Transnistria Russian gov?

Transnistria isn’t a recognized sovereign state. But yes the region is pro Russian. It is more akin to the current “government” position in Donbass right now however since the 1990’s Moldova had to agree to some terms because they couldn’t forcibly eject them they weren’t strong enough. The major political shift is Ukraine aligns with Moldova this time and before aligned with Russia. If asked Ukraine I’m sure would be happy to deliver the eviction notice.

Reactions: tvolsfan
What game?
It's a fact. You and your crowd always start with the insults and name calling. The mods made it clear recently they don't like it so I suggest you learn to disagree like an actual adult from here on out. And please stop tagging me. Thanks
I've know since I was about 12 years old that whining won't stop a beatdown.

Transnistria isn’t a recognized sovereign state. But yes the region is pro Russian. It is more akin to the current “government” position in Donbass right now however since the 1990’s Moldova had to agree to some terms because they couldn’t forcibly eject them they weren’t strong enough. The major political shift is Ukraine aligns with Moldova this time and before aligned with Russia. If asked Ukraine I’m sure would be happy to deliver the eviction notice.
They have been governing on their own successfully since the early 90s. What exactly do you have against a country determining their own fate and independence?

But that doesn't even address the point he's making.
It's simple. You guys and gals think it's okay for the U.S. and other countries to support and do whatever they want in Ukraine without consequences. If a country wants to help Russia out then you guys and gals get outraged. Same thing every single time. I just never bought into the pearl clutching you all do on here.

No. The Transnistria government is part of Transnistria. They have been successfully governing themselves for over 30 years now. If there is Russian military there it is because they were invited. The pro Ukraine crowd have stated they are okay with invitations. So I don't see what the big deal is. I doubt they even heard of Transnistria before I brought it up.

VN Store

Back