War in Ukraine

More billions pledged to the Ukrainian dictator. I mean it’s laughable at this point. You Zelensky sack swinger support anything this snake oil salesman says. On one had, you will talk about how bad this country is when it comes to Medicare for all. Yet on the other hand you support our senile circus monkey president just giving away money.

You who support Biden probably are the same ones who complain about corporations not paying good wages right? Well since Biden just wants to throw money away, why not do this. Biden is obviously committed to giving Ukraine money indefinitely. So instead of sending people who don’t deserve any of our money, how about giving adult Americans who make under a certain amount reoccurring payments? Would any of you support that?

Think about what happens next.

When I was in high school, I overheard a girl saying "I need more money. I got to have me another baby".

Later, I knew a guy who lost his job. He had a wife and baby to support. Someone encouraged him to find another job. His response was that the combination of government benefits he received while unemployed put him in a better financial position than when he was working. He felt that he would be failing his family if he took a job and gave up the government benefits.

Obama care creates an incentive for employers to replace full-time workers with part-time workers.

Your income proposal would create an incentive for people to limit their earnings.

We need proposals that reward contributions to society rather than punishing them. For that reason, I think there's some merit to separating medical insurance from the cost of labor.

No. The Transnistria government is part of Transnistria. They have been successfully governing themselves for over 30 years now. If there is Russian military there it is because they were invited. The pro Ukraine crowd have stated they are okay with invitations. So I don't see what the big deal is. I doubt they even heard of Transnistria before I brought it up.
lol. Most of their government's budget comes from Russia. It has been as much as 90% in the past. Averages about 70%. at least as far back as 05 Russia was almost 50% of their budget. Thats on top of Russia providing them with free energy.

I know if America was providing that much support to a country, that was occupied by US troops, and that government had a stated goal of unifying with America you would definitely not consider them an independent self ruled nation.

https://eurasianet.org/can-russia-afford-transnistria

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Sources-of-the-state-budget-of-Transnistria-13_tbl1_233138227

Just keep in mind most in this thread only support this war in Ukraine because their media and political figures in this country told them to. They will support whatever they are told to without question.
sure-jan.gif

Then you have some in here who still live in the 1980s and think the Soviet Union is still around. It is really hard for them to escape that mindset.
isn't that the argument Russia is actually using?

They need the black sea port because its strategically important to the Soviets. I mean the Russians.
They are unifying with historically Soviet territories, I mean Russian territories.
Ukraine didn't exist because it was Soviet territory....
Ukraine needs to be a neutral country because NATO is a threat to the Soviets, I mean the Russians. And by neutral I mean aligned to and occupied by the Soviets, I mean Russians.

Some sort of false flag event is happening in Bryansk. Russia is claiming uniformed Ukrainian soldiers crossed the border and have started randomly shooting and killing people and have taken hostages.
A city 100 miles from the border?

How bad is Russian border security if Ukraine is able to get uniformed troops 1/4 the way to Moscow completely undetected?

Videos circulating that they were members of the Russian Volunteer Corps.
oh course, it was the Nazis, Nazis, Nazis. Just magically transporting themselves deep inside Russia with their super evil Nazi science. I wonder how many "Sims" cards these Nazi's had?

Reactions: AM64
A city 100 miles from the border?

How bad is Russian border security if Ukraine is able to get uniformed troops 1/4 the way to Moscow completely undetected?

What is border guard doing is becoming the new what is Russian air defense doing. That said Putin is having a meeting of the security council today to discuss these "terrorist" attacks.

What is border guard doing is becoming the new what is Russian air defense doing. That said Putin is having a meeting of the security council today to discuss these "terrorist" attacks.
To be fair I was expecting this earlier with all of the sabotage that was going on all over Russia. I guess this sabotage finally happened close enough to the border where its not totally farfetched to claim Ukraine did it.

They were at war. they should have expected that Ukraine would retaliate. They really did buy into to the mindset of an abusive husband. My wife makes me beat her.

Ukrainian sources are saying this may be indeed a legit operation who the frick knows? If so its pretty freaking stupid.

FqM7_zVX0AAGw_j

And Donjo before you say anything, no I do not believe these numbers are completely accurate. I do believe some of them are inflated and exaggerated. However, lets say these number are inflated by 50% (which I seriously doubt they are). That would still mean that Russia has lost over 75000 troops in a year. By contrast, the US lost one seventh of that in Iraq and Afghanistan in a decades time. And I don't care who you are, if you're relying on Iran for military support, you are not in a good situation.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
So in your opinion, Russia is only a true threat if it manages to be competent at conventional warfare?

Yes. It takes a competent military to be a true threat to us. Can they be an irritant, yes. But unlike China, Russia doesn't even have the economy or resources to be a real threat. That is outside of nukes of course.

You beat me to it a long time ago. Sounds like you've been voting in idiots for years.
Wrong again. You take everything so personal when nothing personal was even intended. You brought up two, very partisan examples of elected officials and pointed to Pelosi's constituents as fools for doing so. I was simply pointing out you were halfway there in coming to a revelation, breaking the surface of identity politics ......... And then you turtled back into the shell.

Wrong again. You take everything so personal when nothing personal was even intended. You brought up two, very partisan examples of elected officials and pointed to Pelosi's constituents as fools for doing so. I was simply pointing out you were halfway there in coming to a revelation, breaking the surface of identity politics ......... And then you turtled back into the shell.

A man says "women make everything so personal".
His wife replies "no I don't".

Think about what happens next.

When I was in high school, I overheard a girl saying "I need more money. I got to have me another baby".

Later, I knew a guy who lost his job. He had a wife and baby to support. Someone encouraged him to find another job. His response was that the combination of government benefits he received while unemployed put him in a better financial position than when he was working. He felt that he would be failing his family if he took a job and gave up the government benefits.

Obama care creates an incentive for employers to replace full-time workers with part-time workers.

Your income proposal would create an incentive for people to limit their earnings.

We need proposals that reward contributions to society rather than punishing them. For that reason, I think there's some merit to separating medical insurance from the cost of labor.
I think a more accurate response is for people to stop trying to force dichotomies where there is no need. On Ukraine as far as I’m concerned we signed to support so we need to live up to our word. On internal citizen assistance if there is a specific need that has merit and passes muster in Congressional debate then fund it. That’s it. And people need stop with these stupid false forced situations.

FqM7_zVX0AAGw_j

And Donjo before you say anything, no I do not believe these numbers are completely accurate. I do believe some of them are inflated and exaggerated. However, lets say these number are inflated by 50% (which I seriously doubt they are). That would still mean that Russia has lost over 75000 troops in a year. By contrast, the US lost one seventh of that in Iraq and Afghanistan in a decades time. And I don't care who you are, if you're relying on Iran for military support, you are not in a good situation.
Afghanistan and Iraq after 2003 were basically insurgencies and armed militants fighting against a professional army, so it would make sense for the US to have low casualties. Russia on the other hand has been fighting a professional army that has been armed and trained by NATO.

Fighting goat herders with sandals and AK-47s is far different than what we are seeing in Ukraine.

Still flying the flag of disinformation I see.
We went over this yesterday. Even in your attempt to clean it up, you still admitted that he was saying that Americans will have to come to the rescue if Ukraine loses. There is no dancing or sidestepping what Zelensky was clearly suggesting in that interview.

VN Store

Back