War in Ukraine

What is border guard doing is becoming the new what is Russian air defense doing. That said Putin is having a meeting of the security council today to discuss these "terrorist" attacks.

Got a feeling Pootin should be looking closer to home for the sources of his terrorist problems. Sounds like his FSB buddies didn't learn much from the old KGB days - or they've gotten lazy.

Yes. It takes a competent military to be a true threat to us. Can they be an irritant, yes. But unlike China, Russia doesn't even have the economy or resources to be a real threat. That is outside of nukes of course.

Exactly, and that's were it gets down to proximity. Russia could with conventional weapons threaten Europe and others nearby; but they've got a problem with the US due to distance, a couple of big oceans, and Russia's limited access to year round ports. It's a bit easier for China due to the year round ports. Conventional bombing with missiles and bombers wouldn't work wonders for either Russia or China. Subs off our coasts could be pests with conventional weapons. The real problem is more something like building a military in a neighboring country like Mexico which is still unlikely; of course, Ras would just see that as a NATO type buildup with Russian or Chinese good intentions to keep our greedy hands off Mexico. Unless you look at nuclear war, the biggest threat seems to be economic - threatening trade or destroying our major sources of critical goods - a lot of which we've just freely give China anyway.

You are right, that with conventional weapons, Russia is a bigger threat to Europe than to us. China is the one building bases that could control strategic shipping lanes - Suez and Panama Canals and the S China Sea. China also directly controls a lot of our critical manufactured needs and is within fairly easy striking distance of the countries such as Taiwan, Korea, Vietnam, and others that produce much of the rest. There's also the case of our networked infrastructure, and both Russia and China may have the ability to disrupt electric power and fuel pipelines ... that's something we probably wouldn't know until it happened. China is the more direct threat, and Russia less directly but with a path through our European allies.

We aren't as isolated as we used to be, but any country thinking of US invasion would do well to heed Eisenhower's warning about thoughts of war on an Asian landmass. Size makes a difference, and so do oceans as boundaries. To me our threat is much more about economic strangulation than conventional warfare on the US. Nuclear warfare is simply a different issue, and one where we would do well to emasculate any potential enemy with nukes which is why I still think support for Ukraine makes a lot of sense.

For all the bluster regarding the Chinese potentially providing arms to Russia, it's all a bunch of crap.

I'm pretty confident the Biden admin would pull out all the stops economically against China as a result.

READ: Chinese Imports Banned.

Pretty sure our western allies would all do so lockstep.

And, hey, for all those "America First" fans, here's what you've been waiting for.

Also: Not gonna happen. None of this. The Chinese are highly dependent on exports to the west. Plus, they're smarter than this and would be wise to play the long game.

Last edited:
For all the bluster regarding the Chinese potentially providing arms to Russia, it's all a bunch of crap.

I'm pretty confident the Biden admin would pull out all the stops economically against China as a result.

And, hey, for all those "America First" fans, here's what you've been waiting for.

Also: Not gonna happen. None of this. The Chinese are highly dependent on exports to the west. Plus, they're smarter than this and would be wise to play the long game.

LOL

You have got to be kidding? A ban on Chinese imports would wreck our economy and military reediness plus they own Biden, he ain't standing up to them in any meaningful way.

LOL

You have got to be kidding? A ban on Chinese imports would wreck our economy and military reediness plus they own Biden, he ain't standing up to them in any meaningful way.
Just look what covid did. If we blocked all Chinese imports, we would instantly shut down the pharmaceutical, chip, chemical, tool, appliance, automotive and anything you can buy in Walmart businesses. We have hitched our wagon to China, and it's not coming loose anytime in my lifetime.

No way in hell we would just ban all Chinese imports. That’s some fantasy land sh** 😂

Reactions: hog88
Just look what covid did. If we blocked all Chinese imports, we would instantly shut down the pharmaceutical, chip, chemical, tool, appliance, automotive and anything you can buy in Walmart businesses. We have hitched our wagon to China, and it's not coming loose anytime in my lifetime.

China can do just about anything they want and all they'd get is bluster, TV soundbites from this administration.

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64
Reactions: AM64 and hog88
Ukrainian sources are saying this may be indeed a legit operation who the frick knows? If so its pretty freaking stupid.
I would be freaking impressed if it was them. Russia may have to reconsider if the war comes home for them too. Russia is a BIG place for some partisans to hide.

Afghanistan and Iraq after 2003 were basically insurgencies and armed militants fighting against a professional army, so it would make sense for the US to have low casualties. Russia on the other hand has been fighting a professional army that has been armed and trained by NATO.

Fighting goat herders with sandals and AK-47s is far different than what we are seeing in Ukraine.
I thought the CIA armed and trained the Taliban?

I guess you forget those angles when it doesnt help your argument.

VN Store

Back