War in Ukraine

While I don't disagree, the notion of what happens down the road is somewhat immaterial to the now.

In the short term there's a chance that reducing the tensions between Wagner and Putin is a bad thing for Ukraine. If they coordinate better in the short term or Wagner is back fully on the team then a distraction from the last several months is temporarily removed.
How in the hell can Prigozhin just unring the bell that’s been clanging for the last 24 hours? If anything it would indicate that Putin bent the knee to Prigozhin. That’s going to leave a lingering mark.

Reactions: AM64
Damn it??? LOL...

Why you mad, bro?
Vlad had the Red army attack Prigozhin's Wagner group's rear lines the other day. I was hoping to see Prigozhin and Wagner march in and take Moscow without a shot fired. Perhaps the Russian people have had enough of Putin and Prigozhin's move would be the impetus to ending the war and Vlad's rule. Not today.

Reactions: AM64 and Pennheel
How in the hell can Prigozhin just unring the bell that’s been clanging for the last 24 hours? If anything it would indicate that Putin bent the knee to Prigozhin. That’s going to leave a lingering mark.

I'm distinguishing between short-term (the now) and long-term (lingering mark).

It appears to be a compromise of necessity - both guys saw bad endings and worked about an agreement to perhaps fight another day.

Put another way - if they didn't work out a deal and Wagner kept the pressure on do you think things would be better for Putin in the short term?

This ended much quicker than anyone expected and I can only surmise it is because both saw it in their best interests to team up again. Both know it's not over down the road.

Vlad had the Red army attack Prigozhin's Wagner group's rear lines the other day. I was hoping to see Prigozhin and Wagner march in and take Moscow without a shot fired. Perhaps the Russian people have had enough of Putin and Prigozhin's move would be the impetus to ending the war and Vlad's rule. Not today.

on one hand I'd like to see it - on the other the unknowns of such an action in a major nuclear power might be worse.

the US policy is the slow grind to diminish Putin - put him in a serious coup and things could get real ugly for everyone.

Reactions: Orangeburst
I'm distinguishing between short-term (the now) and long-term (lingering mark).

It appears to be a compromise of necessity - both guys saw bad endings and worked about an agreement to perhaps fight another day.

Put another way - if they didn't work out a deal and Wagner kept the pressure on do you think things would be better for Putin in the short term?

This ended much quicker than anyone expected and I can only surmise it is because both saw it in their best interests to team up again. Both know it's not over down the road.
Oh the bolded nobody saw it coming in the first place. And once again our Intel people got caught flat footed. But after the last 24 hours Russia is no longer big enough for both Putin and Prigozhin ultimately. And if Wagner indeed follows thru on transitioning to Africa as Prigozhin had stated prior then Russia has lost their best combat capability they have in the war in Ukraine. The last 24 hours are a huge net positive for Ukraine I’d guess.

Prigozhin didn't just decide to turn around. He got something. We may never know what it was, but he got something in exchange for turning around. And even if he got what he wanted, he's going to have to watch his back from now on. And putin just lost the narrative that he's in complete control. He'll have to watch his back from now on too.

Don't discount the idea that he already has a bullet in his head and it's an AI bot in the videos.

OMG, that is crazy conspiracy stuff, I've clearly been hanging around you Repubs too much.

What is this soldier carrying in the bottom left corner of the first video???

View attachment 558871

1687587774732-png.558871

I guess it was 2 coffees??? LOL...

OK all kidding aside. My money is on Prigozhin to be dead before the end of 2023 and that all the top guys at Wagner go with him. The rank and file will be assigned to assault battalions. By the end of 2024 they will all be dead. It has proven itself to be a true threat to Putin. He liquidates his opponents when possible. The Russian MOD will be in full support and willing participants in getting it done.

Oh the bolded nobody saw it coming in the first place. And once again our Intel people got caught flat footed. But after the last 24 hours Russia is no longer big enough for both Putin and Prigozhin ultimately. And if Wagner indeed follows thru on transitioning to Africa as Prigozhin had stated prior then Russia has lost their best combat capability they have in the war in Ukraine. The last 24 hours are a huge net positive for Ukraine I’d guess.

agree with bolded - just saying it would have been better for Ukraine if this lasted more than 24 hours.

Rebakah Koffler is on Fox news right now saying this is all a false flag by Putin and Prigozhin to fain weakness. She cites Putin's use of reflexive control strategy, which this would be a classic example of, if correct. This would allow Putin to axe Sergei Shoigu, maybe even Gerasimov, and put Prigozhin in complete control. It has been known to everyone keeping up with this that Prigozhin has been in a power struggle with Shoigu and Gerasimoz since day one of this conflict. Remember, Shoigu and Gerasimov were the targets of this episode, not Putin. I'm not sure if I'm buying it, but it is a pretty interesting theory.

VN Store

Back