War in Ukraine

Again, I'm not sure that proves anything other than Putin is an idiot. Which is something thats been established now for a year and a half.

If you think it means something else, please share.

It just proves that I was right. For whatever unknown reason Russia invaded Ukraine under President Obama and now President Biden. But not during President Trump's 4 years Nothing to deep in my analysis. Just wondered why that was.

Not an "insider" here.

Reactions: AM64
It just proves that I was right. For whatever unknown reason Russia invaded Ukraine under President Obama and now President Biden. But not during President Trump's 4 years Nothing to deep in my analysis. Just wondered why that was.

Not an "insider" here.

Well if his fear was Trump would overreact and push us into another war but this time with a nuclear power then Putin did us a favor waiting. I don't know that I would read into it anything near an endorsement of Trump's leadership or a comparison of how weak current leadership is.

Reactions: n_huffhines

Not an "insider" here.

Lol, did they leave Crimea and Eastern Ukraine during Trump's presidency?

Reactions: AM64
He reluctantly sent weapons that Congress had voted to send. Remember the impeachment?

Did Trump ever send anything to another country out of conviction?

I'm not going to speculate too much on what he might actually do, but you can't seriously believe he cares about Ukraine one way or the other.

Did Obama send anything close to lethal aid? Before you answer in his first two years as president he had as much of the Congress as any president in a long time. The House of Representatives and a fillibuster proof Senate (60 Democrats)
But zero lethal aid to Ukraine. Even after Russia took Crimea.

Why is this? Even in 2010 he could have easily gotten the big Crybaby John Boehner as speaker to go along but still just blankets....

Well if his fear was Trump would overreact and push us into another war but this time with a nuclear power then Putin did us a favor waiting. I don't know that I would read into it anything near an endorsement of Trump's leadership or a comparison of how weak current leadership is.

Says the left. Putin for whatever reason did not. Spin it how you will

Lol, did they leave Crimea and Eastern Ukraine during Trump's presidency?

Lmao. Nice spin there. I can whataboutism as well. Did President Obama really mean it when he told Russia he would have more flexibility after the election? Which is precisely when they took Crimea.

Last sentence is weird, you throw your support for an unpredictable crazy person as the best guy for the job?

Pointed out that Putin has cited on multiple occasions that he was too afraid to act with Trump because he thought Trump was unpredictable. This is why Russia stayed out of Ukraine.

You must have hated JFK for standing up to USSR about Cuba then.

Reactions: vols40
Pointed out that Putin has cited on multiple occasions that he was too afraid to act with Trump because he thought Trump was unpredictable. This is why Russia stayed out of Ukraine.

Oh please. He knew Trump was in the bag. He just underestimated Ukraine, Zelensky, NATO, and Biden, by doing it now. I 100% guarantee you he wishes now that he'd done it when Trump was POTUS.

Lmao. Nice spin there. I can whataboutism as well. Did President Obama really mean it when he told Russia he would have more flexibility after the election? Which is precisely when they took Crimea.

You don't seem to know what "whataboutism" actually means.

If Putin never pulled his troops out from the original 2014 invasion, how can you attribute him "not invading" while Trump was in office?

Oh please. He knew Trump was in the bag. He just underestimated Ukraine, Zelensky, NATO, and Biden, by doing it now. I 100% guarantee you he wishes now that he'd done it when Trump was POTUS.

Cool that you think that's worth something.

Too many in here seeing things how they want to see them.

Last sentence is weird, you throw your support for an unpredictable crazy person as the best guy for the job?

How about "unpredictable" instead, but the truth is we do use "crazy" a lot of times as a synonym for "unpredictable". Another example was Putin's threat to use nukes to limit Ukrainian support; there's the fear that he might actually do it ... unpredictable. My guess is he wouldn't, but do you take the chance and force him to make a choice? Unpredictable is not always bad in a leader; Biden and Obama were/are safe picks to walk all over if you are feeing aggressive, even Bush and Carter are pretty much the same (even though we still wound up playing new war games during their tenures); Reagan and Trump were two you probably wouldn't want to cross - "volatile" is another word that comes to mind.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

If napalm and cluster bombs could effectively clear minefields, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to use either or both. I can't see that their use is any more inhuman than minefields. At least napalm and cluster bombs are targeted weapons as opposed to a field that can blow up in the face of anyone or animal now or in the future.

JFK talked a big game and then flipped leaving others in the lurch. He wasn't the man a lot of you think. Assassination saved his image.
Agreed, he was a weak, "lover" type. He wasn't the strong willed, decisive mean needed. Probably why they offed him.

You don't seem to know what "whataboutism" actually means.

If Putin never pulled his troops out from the original 2014 invasion, how can you attribute him "not invading" while Trump was in office?

Because he invaded Ukraine not 6 months after President Biden's exemplary Afghanistan withdrawal. Keep overlooking the fact Vlad did nothing during the Trump years. Nothing you can type on this message board can change that. And I know that hurts a lefty. Once upon a time I voted for Mitt Romney and John McCain (just threw up a little) for president. And I wasn't at the time and at no time since happy that I did.

Agreed, he was a weak, "lover" type. He wasn't the strong willed, decisive mean needed. Probably why they offed him.

Kennedy's finest bit was standing up to Khrushchev over nukes in Cuba; you couldn't ask for much more. Then he turned around and did a "Lucy with the football thing" and got a lot of people killed in the Bay of Pigs. The Vietnam War was pretty much his baby - LBJ just carried it out with Kennedy's people. Turns out the "Best and Brightest" were a bunch of ivy league intellectuals without much real common sense or wisdom, and LBJ was too lazy or stupid to figure it out before it bit him.

VN Store

Back