War in Ukraine

After they signed a document in 1991 saying they wouldn’t do exactly what they did in Crimea sure it matters.
I think they've come up with an excuse along the lines of, "well, the nukes were in Ukraine, but the USSR controlled the nukes, and the USSR was actually just Russia, so Russia controlled the nukes, and what we signed with Ukraine doesn't count even though we signed it."

Reactions: AM64 and volfanhill
I think they've come up with an excuse along the lines of, "well, the nukes were in Ukraine, but the USSR controlled the nukes, and the USSR was actually just Russia, so Russia controlled the nukes, and what we signed with Ukraine doesn't count even though we signed it."
Probably not far off. One thing is for sure the mental gymnastics are going to be funny as hell to watch unfold.

Because he invaded Ukraine not 6 months after President Biden's exemplary Afghanistan withdrawal. Keep overlooking the fact Vlad did nothing during the Trump years. Nothing you can type on this message board can change that. And I know that hurts a lefty. Once upon a time I voted for Mitt Romney and John McCain (just threw up a little) for president. And I wasn't at the time and at no time since happy that I did.

Regardless of you just starting to pay attention last year, the invasion began in 2014, and was an ongoing conflict since; plenty occurred before during and after trump was in office.

It had nothing to do with who has or wasn't in office in the US, you're letting your ignorance of the history of the conflict, and your political bias cloud your reasoning.

After they signed a document in 1994 saying they wouldn’t do exactly what they did in Crimea sure it matters.

And nobody but the orcs and their lapdogs recognize their occupation as legitimate

I don't disagree with your premise but unless Putin has a red pill moment Russia is not giving up Crimea. I had 2 points. Putin invaded Ukraine in 2014 and 2022. He also did nothing in Ukraine between 2017-2021 when President Trump was in office.

I don't disagree with your premise but unless Putin has a red pill moment Russia is not giving up Crimea. I had 2 points. Putin invaded Ukraine in 2014 and 2022. He also did nothing in Ukraine between 2017-2021 when President Trump was in office.
Putin invaded in 2014 and occupied territories since that point. The rest is just mental gymnastics trying to reconcile your guy wasn’t as ineffective as the other two. You can at least take solace that Biden wouldn’t have done a damn thing either just like Trump didn’t and just maintained the status quo until Putin forced his hand I guess. All three of the past admins have royally f$&@ed up dealing with Ukraine

Reactions: AM64
Which parts of Ukraine do you believe "belong to Russia"?

No matter how much you try to change the subject my statement is still fact. I have said before I have zero interest in either of these two countries.

It's worth noting that is it the Donbas region??? Didn't they recently vote to be part of Russia? I will say up front that may be wrong, but if that is the case then what claim does Zelenski and the rest of Ukraine have to an area that has basically rejected them?

Putin invaded in 2014 and occupied territories since that point. The rest is just mental gymnastics trying to reconcile your guy wasn’t as ineffective as the other two. You can at least take solace that Biden wouldn’t have done a damn thing either just like Trump didn’t and just maintained the status quo until Putin forced his hand I guess. All three of the past admins have royally f$&@ed up dealing with Ukraine

GTFO Ukraine and let them figure it out. Land disputes are very high on the list of causes of 2 world wars.

GTFO Ukraine and let them figure it out. Land disputes are very high on the list of causes of 2 world wars.
Too bad we signed the same document Russia did in 1994 stating we would assist if their territorial boundaries are threatened. You do believe we should keep our word … right?

Too bad we signed the same document Russia did in 1994 stating we would assist if their territorial boundaries are threatened. You do believe we should keep our word … right?

One the moral doing what we said yes.
Are you with a straight face telling me that Ukraine has done things on the up since 1994?

There are bad people in this country in powerful positions that are at the 4hour seek immediate medical attention mark of we are looking for a war with Russia. I do not. I do not because the US has a terrible track record of "nation building" I have zero confidence that if we bring Putin down we have any idea of what a new regime would be like. No one does. And remember this if we take Putin out, who do we trust with a nuclear stockpile that is larger than ours.

One the moral doing what we said yes.
Are you with a straight face telling me that Ukraine has done things on the up since 1994?

There are bad people in this country in powerful positions that are at the 4hour seek immediate medical attention mark of we are looking for a war with Russia. I do not. I do not because the US has a terrible track record of "nation building" I have zero confidence that if we bring Putin down we have any idea of what a new regime would be like. No one does. And remember this if we take Putin out, who do we trust with a nuclear stockpile that is larger than ours.
Hey I’m not gonna get in the middle of you and your mental gymnastics.

Either our word is worth something or it isn’t. If we never intended to honor the agreement we shouldn’t have signed it. Simple as that.

No matter how much you try to change the subject my statement is still fact. I have said before I have zero interest in either of these two countries.

It's worth noting that is it the Donbas region??? Didn't they recently vote to be part of Russia? I will say up front that may be wrong, but if that is the case then what claim does Zelenski and the rest of Ukraine have to an area that has basically rejected them?

Lol, "change the subject"?I literally responded to your post. Are you having some sort of cognitive event?

I mean, you may consider a referendum held in a warzone, at literal gunpoint as valid and the will of the peip, but the rest of the world doesn't.

Especially the ~4 million people who fled the conflict on the region, and didn't get to vote.

Either our word is worth something or it isn’t. If we never intended to honor the agreement we shouldn’t have signed it. Simple as that.

Ok we will agree to disagree. But thank goodness you are not in charge of de-escalating this conflict. If you believe that people in this country are not actively campaigning for a war with Russia listen to Lindsay Graham.

Be careful of disagreeing with this poster. Apparently he went to Private School (apparently they teach you to capitalize adjectives and common nouns in Private School), so he's a legend in his own mind.

Ok we will agree to disagree. But thank goodness you are not in charge of de-escalating this conflict. If you believe that people in this country are not actively campaigning for a war with Russia listen to Lindsay Graham.
Disagreeing is fine. And the big lesson here is we shouldn’t be making commitments we have no intention of honoring. This is by and large a European problem. But we just can’t help ourselves and took ownership of what it might become, and now has become, when we signed a really poorly drafted document in 1994

Lol, "change the subject"?I literally responded to your post. Are you having some sort of cognitive event?

I mean, you may consider a referendum held in a warzone, at literal gunpoint as valid and the will of the peip, but the rest of the world doesn't.

Especially the ~4 million people who fled the conflict on the region, and didn't get to vote.

There are not mail in ballots in this holy land of Ukraine?

No I said that Russia didn't invade Ukraine during the Trump administration and you said
Duh well did Russia leave Ukraine during the Trump administration?

I don't remember President Trump's platform for President advocating for Russia to withdraw from Ukraine.

Reactions: volbound1700
Be careful of disagreeing with this poster. Apparently he went to Private School (apparently they teach you to capitalize adjectives and common nouns in Private School), so he's a legend in his own mind.
Lol I’ve seen that referenced a couple of times now I wish I’d seen the initial exchange.

There are not mail in ballots in this holy land of Ukraine?

No I said that Russia didn't invade Ukraine during the Trump administration and you said
Duh well did Russia leave Ukraine during the Trump administration?

I don't remember President Trump's platform for President advocating for Russia to withdraw from Ukraine.

Lol, so you think internal refugees displaced by a foreign invasion should participate in a referendum put on by the invader? By mailing in a ballot to the invading army?

This is really what you believe?

I went over that in the other post that I responded to. You just starting to pay attention in 2021, doesn't mean that Russia hasn't been occupying Ukraine since 2014, and that didn't change with Trump taking office.

Ukraine to hold elections after war ends, says Zelenskyy

Saint Vlad postponing election until after the war ends. I'm telling you there is no good side in this conflict.

Would you be ok if President Trump postponing the election until the war on terror ended?

Lmao

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Lol, so you think internal refugees displaced by a foreign invasion should participate in a referendum put on by the invader? By mailing in a ballot to the invading army?

This is really what you believe?

I went over that in the other post that I responded to. You just starting to pay attention in 2021, doesn't mean that Russia hasn't been occupying Ukraine since 2014, and that didn't change with Trump taking office.

No you think Ukraine is virtuous I don't. I remember President Obama doing exactly squat in 14 but you seem to give him a pass and blame President Trump for "not getting it back?" How 7th grade of you.

Lol I’ve seen that referenced a couple of times now I wish I’d seen the initial exchange.
That's what you said. I just pointed out how it was obviously known on Sunday but not made public until Thursday. You take that whichever way your Public School educated mind will allow you.
It must suck seeing one of your own (NPR) proving my point.
...For your reading pleasure.

I am a proud public school graduate, including the University of Tennesse.

VN Store

Back