War in Ukraine

How, exactly, do you know that Putin would stop after conquering Ukraine?
Because he has never even attempted it. I know you and the other war supporters in here don’t want to hear it but Putin could have taken Ukraine easily from the get go. But he didn’t. Why? Also, why hasn’t he tried to take over other countries in the past? Why has he waited until now?

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Because he has never even attempted it. I know you and the other war supporters in here don’t want to hear it but Putin could have taken Ukraine easily from the get go. But he didn’t. Why? Also, why hasn’t he tried to take over other countries in the past? Why has he waited until now?
He attempted it. It didn't go as he planned. He thought Ukraine would capitulate and fall in line with and support Russia. That's not even debatable for the staunchest of Russian supporters.

He couldn't take Ukraine easily as it turned out.

They didn't assault other former Russian states because they towed the line Russia wanted. When they didn't it became a problem.

History suggests otherwise.

Russia is an expansionist country.

Russian-occupied_territories_in_map.jpg

Map showing Russia in dark red with Russian-occupied territories in Europe in light red, as follows:
  • In Moldova: Transnistria (1), since 1992
  • In Georgia: Abkhazia (2) and South Ossetia (3), since 2008
  • In Ukraine: Crimea (4) and parts of Luhansk Oblast (5) and Donetsk Oblast (6), since 2014; and parts of Zaporizhzhia Oblast (7) and Kherson Oblast (8), since 2022Map showing Russia in dark red with Russian-occupied territories in Europe in light red, as follows:
  • In Moldova: Transnistria (1), since 1992
  • In Georgia: Abkhazia (2) and South Ossetia (3), since 2008
  • In Ukraine: Crimea (4) and parts of Luhansk Oblast (5) and Donetsk Oblast (6), since 2014; and parts of Zaporizhzhia Oblast (7) and Kherson Oblast (8), since 2022

I've read this like 5 times and I have no idea what you are trying to say. Russia is in the Ukraine for fairly obvious reasons and it doesn't have anything to do with oil.
The stated reasons dont really make any sense. Russia has basically a continent if vacant land filled with all the resources their nation could ever need. Fear of nato doesnt really make any sense either because, western "incursions" dont threaten russia. We're at peace now and have been since the wall fell. If anything russia would have been welcome to join nato, at least prior to invading ukraine and relapsing to a cold war mentality. No, following the dollars usually makes the most sense, and european reliance on russian energy has been falling since the mid-2000s and with all of the 100% green days now happening in several countries over there plus cheap chinese electric cars, it appears that russia is now fighting for its oil addiction.

The stated reasons dont really make any sense. Russia has basically a continent if vacant land filled with all the resources their nation could ever need. Fear of nato doesnt really make any sense either because, western "incursions" dont threaten russia. We're at peace now and have been since the wall fell. If anything russia would have been welcome to join nato, at least prior to invading ukraine and relapsing to a cold war mentality. No, following the dollars usually makes the most sense, and european reliance on russian energy has been falling since the mid-2000s and with all of the 100% green days now happening in several countries over there plus cheap chinese electric cars, it appears that russia is now fighting for its oil addiction.

They have never said this is one of the reasons. They have stated their grievances since the mid-90s, and from their POV has gotten worse especially considering 2014. Now, whether you agree with them is mostly irrelevant at this point. The reason Russia invaded has nothing to do with oil like I stated.

Whatever the reason, it doesn't real matter at this point or soon won't matter. The country will most likely have to be destroyed in full to bring this to a final conclusion, otherwise it will just keep going in another form, imo.

Putin is nicer than I would be at this point, just turn it into a parking lot. Problem solved.

100% green days now happening in several countries over there plus cheap chinese electric cars, it appears that russia is now fighting for its oil addiction.

I don't know what all this nonsense is, there is a reason why Germany is starting the coal and nuclear plants back up. We;re not even at peak gas/oil consumption yet, my guess is when we do..... massive population decrease.

GRI0uYPXYAA-h0t

They have never said this is one of the reasons. They have stated their grievances since the mid-90s, and from their POV has gotten worse especially considering 2014. Now, whether you agree with them is mostly irrelevant at this point. The reason Russia invaded has nothing to do with oil like I stated.

Whatever the reason, it doesn't real matter at this point or soon won't matter. The country will most likely have to be destroyed in full to bring this to a final conclusion, otherwise it will just keep going in another form, imo.

Putin is nicer than I would be at this point, just turn it into a parking lot. Problem solved.

I don't know what all this nonsense is, there is a reason why Germany is starting the coal and nuclear plants back up. We;re not even at peak gas/oil consumption yet, my guess is when we do..... massive population decrease.
Theres really no way russia would have expended the amount of blood and treasure it has over whatever cultural differences they claim as reasons for invading. Their intent extends much further westward.

Theres really no way russia would have expended the amount of blood and treasure it has over whatever cultural differences they claim as reasons for invading. Their intent extends much further westward.

Haven't you heard Russia only as shovels and has no ability to expand. Get with the program man.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Haven't you heard Russia only as shovels and has no ability to expand. Get with the program man.
The russian military should be feared. It's unfortunate that many will view the current stalemate in ukraine as weakness instead of strategy on the part of the russians.

The russian military should be feared. It's unfortunate that many will view the current stalemate in ukraine as weakness instead of strategy on the part of the russians.

You think it was their "strategy"back on 2/24/2022, to end up in a war of attrition in Ukraine, burning through thousands of soldiers in meat-wave attacks for 2.5+ years, while emptying their reserves of armor and artillery?

That is what they've been telling me my whole life, sometime about 25 years ago I figured out the lie. Chances are you'll be fine.

Ukraine's forces may have struck Russia's newest S-500 air-defense system using U.S.-supplied ATACMS (Army Tactical Missile System) missiles, according to a journalist in the country.

"It is reported that the newest Russian S-500 air defense system was destroyed by ATACMS cluster missiles. The cost of one of these reaches $600 million," Andriy Tsaplienko, a Ukrainian journalist, said on his Telegram channel, without elaborating on when or where the system was allegedly destroyed.

RJqFei.gif

LMAO. Got a bridge to sell you, sucker.

Umm, if the Russian military isn’t to be feared why are we sending billions of dollars in equipment and cash over there to keep them from going further? Y’all’s story changes so much it’s hard to keep up.

Reactions: LSU-SIU
Umm, if the Russian military isn’t to be feared why are we sending billions of dollars in equipment and cash over there to keep them from going further? Y’all’s story changes so much it’s hard to keep up.
This laughable statement earned my comment...

"It's unfortunate that many will view the current stalemate in ukraine as weakness instead of strategy on the part of the russians."

So this was #1 on todays nonsense memo from the Kremlin?
1719673106117.png
1719673121053.png
1719673136308.png

Wow, I wonder if Russia could do anything to prevent this, like maybe getting the f*** off of its neighbor's lawn?

Reactions: BeardedVol

VN Store

Back