Wars, genocide, reparations, etc (split from recruiting forum)

Reactions: captainfalcon777
This is board is dumb af right now. Mods must be sleeping in.
Anyone got some Vol football content?
If there was any….. we would definitely be talking about it… this page is like a family… we discuss everything from Mayo to fightin whities…. Can’t wait till next week where we overreact to every single nugget from training camp…. My favorite time of the year.

Think we're in a holding pattern until some info on Wingo and Jefferson shakes loose.

The OT Warren commits Monday.

Ok, but who said we have to fill the time with moral grandstanding and Newsmax adjacent virtue signaling?

Anyway, I’m stoked about the current state of recruiting and the future of Vol football. I have high hopes for the season and think we will continue to build on last year. I think we have a group of good leaders and good kids across all our sports.
It’s a good time to be a Vol.

The DC Bandits

Or

The Washington Shysters

*Those are my preferences for the The Washington Commanders, formerly the Washington Football Team, formerly the Washington Redskins new team name.

**I also liked the suggestions of Hogs or Pigskins. Definitely keep it a pork theme for Washington DC. Maybe, The DC Baconators 🤔

Last edited:
Why in gods name would ANYONE care about that name?

FYI, may go see a Doughboys game tonite. Makes me sick to see that team on the rise. At yeast when they were the Cardinals, that didnt knead as much attention. Fyi, they play - yes - that's right, the Burlington Sock Puppets tonite, at the flour of 7PM.
Went to the all-star game the other night and the names were cracking me up. Sock Puppets was one of my favorites.

What’s wrong with Redskins? Even the native Americans didn’t find it offensive.
It is a contemputous phrase, historically.

"The researchers found that 49% of self-identified Native Americans found the Washington Redskins name offensive or very offensive, 38% found it not offensive, and 13% were indifferent."

If half of people find something offensive, I'd say that's way more than enough.

If utilitarianism teaches us anything, it's that pain is more important than pleasure and, especially, disinterest.

It is a contemputous phrase, historically.

"The researchers found that 49% of self-identified Native Americans found the Washington Redskins name offensive or very offensive, 38% found it not offensive, and 13% were indifferent."

If half of people find something offensive, I'd say that's way more than enough.

If utilitarianism teaches us anything, it's that pain is more important than pleasure and, especially, disinterest.
I don’t trust polls. The vast majority of native Americans I have ask thinks there is nothing wrong with the name at all. I don’t believe it’s close to 50-50.

I care and I don’t think I’m nobody…
Yeah...that was overboard...sorry. You are definitely not a nobody.

The constant trashing of our country, and the incessant bitching about how much more money the men's sports make than them, when female sports are not profitable, or are barely profitable in most cases, by a lot of these female athletes has poisoned me to a degree, and that is truly not fair to the good ones.

This world we live in now just...it really gets to me, that is not an excuse..just the truth. I feel like the world we live in hates me, and I hate it back.

I apologize to you and the other common sense ladies of VN for having offended you...I love you guys, but the other ones (the w*** guys and gals, or whatever they identify as today) can kiss my crusty old A double S.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back