Wars, genocide, reparations, religion, etc (split from recruiting forum)

My word!!! Wasn’t it just 1 trillion or so in Trump’s presidency? Don’t even want to know how much worse Biden has screwed this country up by making decisions to cause that massive increase in just 3.5 years!
Trump had one of highest deficits, similar to
Ooobamah! And Biden. Dont act like this is a Political thing. They're all selfish, and clueless.

Everything is bonkers now. Our anniversary is coming up, and was going to book this hotel in Asheville we stayed at a few years ago. It was probably $350/nt then… it’s now $750… WHAT’N’TARNATION. A galdang hotel. A sweet one. But a hotel.

We are in a financial hellscape right now in this country and I don’t like it.
Sweet Pea's hostel, in the heart of downtown, is still like 50 a night last I saw (bed). Still under 100 for a private room and something like 120 for a small studio.

I've began taking on the idea that, unless I'm getting a cabin with a hottub in the mountains, I'm really never spending any time inside my room while vacationing, so just give me a place to crash and shower. Agree regular hotels have just gotten silly.

Edit: how tf did I get to the runoff waste thread? Damn you @engineerVOL 😅

Reactions: engineerVOL
Sweet Pea's hostel, in the heart of downtown, is still like 50 a night last I saw (bed). Still under 100 for a private room and something like 120 for a small studio.

I've began taking on the idea that, unless I'm getting a cabin with a hottub in the mountains, I'm really never spending any time inside my room while vacationing, so just give me a place to crash and shower. Agree regular hotels have just gotten silly.

Edit: how tf did I get to the runoff waste thread? Damn you @engineerVOL 😅
Where are we?
1726698673468.gif

IDK why this country hates investing in infrastructure but it's the kind of thing that you put off until it kills you. I'd rather bypass the killing us bit and pay up before things collapse.

Who can afford infrastructure when we have to send every last penny to Ukraine and support illegals.

It cost $100M just for a new interchange and few miles of expanded lanes..Compare that to the original cost of the Interstate System built 60-70 years ago,…it is just an impossible proposition. Of course, some is state funded, maybe fed grants idk.

Good to know we have such good infrastucture for $35T in debt. Like we been robbed.

Warning:

Any nega posting for the next 24 hours will land you on my ignore list.
It’s absolutely embarrassing that the best presidential candidates that the USA can come up with are running for president in November. It’s really a sad commentary on the state of our country.

Some would call that Nega.
Some would call that Realism.
It just makes me sad.

Am I on your ignore list now? 😎

It never is, they didn't hardly cover it in nationally in 2010 either when Nashville was underwater.

You don't hate the media nearly enough.
Response, or lack thereof, could be a major black eye for administration in an election year. This isn't what they want in the headlines. It reminds everyone that the job of president occasionally requires strong leadership.

Response, or lack thereof, could be a major black eye for administration in an election year. This isn't what they want in the headlines. It reminds everyone that the job of president occasionally requires strong leadership.
That ship sailed many moons ago, hasn't been strong leadership in many years..

Perhaps we should be listening to God. Everything happens for a reason and according to his plan.
Perhaps you should. I can meet you in the off topic forum and we can swap scriptures if you'd like. This isn't the time or the place.

For now, I'll just point out that you sound a lot like the Pharisees that saw everything as an act of God's judgment against sin, and Jesus had to correct them. Don't be a Pharisee.

It’s absolutely embarrassing that the best presidential candidates that the USA can come up with are running for president in November. It’s really a sad commentary on the state of our country.

Some would call that Nega.
Some would call that Realism.
It just makes me sad.

Am I on your ignore list now? 😎
It makes me want to run...

to the bathroom to vomit.

VN Store

Back