Wars, genocide, reparations, religion, etc (split from recruiting forum)

NASA's necessary and embarrassing rescue by Elon kept off the news until after the election. Go figure.
What are you talking about? It’s been on the news for weeks and this is Boeing’s mess. Hope Elon’s rocket can actually get off the ground more than 50 feet. IMG_3528.gif

Last edited:
Really? I think that's their absolute worst quality and why we always end up fighting yesterday's friend
It’s kind of a tongue in cheek comment. They’re great at a plan to install a yes man, destroy a thriving country that doesn’t want to operate on the dollar, etc.

I’m not saying it’s a good thing, I’m saying they’re good at doing that type of stuff

It’s what our government does best. Blast propaganda to make their tirades seem like a good thing

Some interesting deep dives about WW1 and WW2 as well. That’s as big of a hint as I can give without royally pissing people off here

Dude, piss people off. Maybe their eyes will open.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
NASA's necessary and embarrassing rescue by Elon kept off the news until after the election. Go figure.
I agree. It has received very little coverage at all. Very base level and then pushed out. I just re-checked ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and even Fox and none of them have anything in sight about it. Now, if he went full commie and started backing all the commies in Washington then he'd get a nobel prize for his heroic rescue mission with glowing article after article. But for now Elon is an enemy to the communist media entertainment complex so you get what you get.

Reactions: mrMet
Wow, just did some reading. I think it's probably Pol Pot, at least a far as murder count goes. He killed 36% of his population. The next closest is Hitler @ 21%. Mao killed the most, 20,000,000+, but had a much higher population, so he was at 8%.

Pol Pot killed 2.5m of 7m citizens
You ever watch The Killing Fields? It was a brutal place and time.

Foreign city, directed at Americans. No clue where.
Mexico City.

There's a huge anti-Gringo movement in Latin countries among some locals. Just goes to show that racism breeds among the poor and uneducated. When we feel powerless and can't think clearly enough who/what to blame, we tend to go for the low hanging fruit.

1725289337779.png

Mexico City.

There's a huge anti-Gringo movement in Latin countries among some locals. Just goes to show that racism breeds among the poor and uneducated. When we feel powerless and can't think clearly enough who/what to blame, we tend to go for the low hanging fruit.

View attachment 672774
I'm sure that's happening there, but having been to Mexico many many times, I don't think it's a huge movement. There aren't enough gringos there for it to be too big, and poorer countries love love love tourist money.

I'm sure that's happening there, but having been to Mexico many many times, I don't think it's a huge movement. There aren't enough gringos there for it to be too big, and poorer countries love love love tourist money.
Oh, we go to Mexico all the time. It's pretty regional, usually in high tourist/expat/digital nomad areas. We go to more out-of-the-way areas that rarely see gringos and they are the kindest people you'll meet.

In their defense, the influx of US dollars into some of those economies have priced locals out of entire areas. But (IMHO), they're kind of blaming the wrong people. Mexican landlords and business owners know they can charge gringos more, so they charge gringos more, which prices locals out. So, Gringos are demonized for basically being price gouged.

(ETA: It's also a huge push from the far left progressives trying to get a foothold there. It's basic class warfare. And just like in the US, it's likely a very vocal minority that is tricking people into thinking they speak for the majority.)

1725290770805.png

Last edited:
Oh, we go to Mexico all the time. It's pretty regional, usually in high tourist/expat/digital nomad areas. We go to more out-of-the-way areas that rarely see gringos and they are the kindest people you'll meet.

In their defense, the influx of US dollars into some of those economies have priced locals out of entire areas. But (IMHO), they're kind of blaming the wrong people. Mexican landlords and business owners know they can charge gringos more, so they charge gringos more, which prices locals out. So, Gringos are demonized for basically being price gouged.

(ETA: It's also a huge push from the far left progressives trying to get a foothold there. It's basic class warfare. And just like in the US, it's likely a very vocal minority that is tricking people into thinking they speak for the majority.)

View attachment 672788
There is a ton of irony in all of this though. (Some) Americans complain about immigration, but benefit from lower cost labor which lowers our cost of living, and (some) Mexicans complain about expats who bring more money in and raise their cost of living. No good answers, but mass deportation (on either side) would destabilize economies on both sides of the border.

There is a ton of irony in all of this though. (Some) Americans complain about immigration, but benefit from lower cost labor which lowers our cost of living, and (some) Mexicans complain about expats who bring more money in and raise their cost of living. No good answers, but mass deportation (on either side) would destabilize economies on both sides of the border.
100% agree. The irony is palpable.

(ETA, Before you hate SSVol for liking, he may have liked this post in a skinnier version...)

What's really interesting is to see how opportunistic the far left's agenda is, as opposed to being built on repeatable and stable values.

To Americans: Your nationalism and racism is sickening. Let the Mexicans in even if they're breaking the laws to get/be here.

To Mexicans: Let's stoke the nationalism and racism. Gringos are evil and have to go, even if they're here legally!

Last edited:

View attachment 672788
Just off the picture - anti-tourism and AirBNB movements are global these days. In the US bigly as well. Airbnbs wrecked entire RE markets and pushed out locals.

Many are happy to see the AirBNB collapse for similar reasons. Not sure what the "answer" is...but expecting to see increasing tourist taxation or even limited annual tourist passes (see: Bhutan).

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Everything is bonkers now. Our anniversary is coming up, and was going to book this hotel in Asheville we stayed at a few years ago. It was probably $350/nt then… it’s now $750… WHAT’N’TARNATION. A galdang hotel. A sweet one. But a hotel.

We are in a financial hellscape right now in this country and I don’t like it.

Everything is bonkers now. Our anniversary is coming up, and was going to book this hotel in Asheville we stayed at a few years ago. It was probably $350/nt then… it’s now $750… WHAT’N’TARNATION. A galdang hotel. A sweet one. But a hotel.

Screenshot_20240917_224614_DuckDuckGo.jpg
*not political

Don't worry, eventually it will all come down. We just might not have jobs then.

Tru dat. Anyone who believes the "inflation" numbers is favoring official "information" over their "lying" (not lying) eyes.

Last edited:
Don't worry, eventually it will all come down. We just might not have jobs then.

My word!!! Wasn’t it just 1 trillion or so in Trump’s presidency? Don’t even want to know how much worse Biden has screwed this country up by making decisions to cause that massive increase in just 3.5 years!

My word!!! Wasn’t it just 1 trillion or so in Trump’s presidency? Don’t even want to know how much worse Biden has screwed this country up by making decisions to cause that massive increase in just 3.5 years!
It was $27 trillion when Biden took over.

Obama added about $9T, Trump $7T, and Biden is at about $8T.

Reactions: LouderVol

VN Store

Back