Way too early but I'm picking anyway

the following things will occur this season....

steve spurrier retires

bigvoldaddy has a heart attack while watching a tennessee game and filming a youtube video. films a youtube video and provides postgame commentary from his hospital bed.

the new sec tv deal will infuriate the rest of the country

james franklin leaves vanderbilt to take another job. sets a volnation record for the start of new thread within a one minute timeframe.

lane kiffin is fired

the fulmer debate extravaganza thread makes a return

hatvol comes back to volnation bringing new material and insults for all. kate beckinsale still remains the avatar.

tennessee will make a bowl game. people will complain about the bowl game tennessee is invited to.

alabama will sign a recruit from the state of tennessee this year. people will blame it on the speech that was made in athens, tn.

sometime before the season, someone will start a "when did we hire butch jones?" thread. this is thought to be the dumbest post of all time. however, in another thread during the year, a heated discussion will cause someone to claim that freak is not a vol for life.

Probably the funniest/best thing I've seen you post!:rofl:

dawg-breath, you remind me of that pre-season #1 GA team after it'd beaten How-R-Ya in a bowl game. Rant on, buddy...& don't forget to feed the mutant rat UGA.

dawg-breath, you remind me of that pre-season #1 GA team after it'd beaten How-R-Ya in a bowl game. Rant on, buddy...& don't forget to feed the mutant rat UGA.

That Hawaii team was pathetic,Georgia didn't blitz the whole game and still got 10 sacks

I could see these picks being correct for the most part..Although Vandy will NOT beat us in Knoxville.

But we have to think big picture here. I am a die hard fan, but I am also a realist.I honestly expect us to win about 6-7 games. And that's just fine. If we can at least go 6-6, we will have one of the best recruiting classes we've seen in a very long time. And if that keeps up, Tennessee will be at the top of the SEC for a loooong time.

With us, its all about how the defense plays really. We'll score 100 if we so choose to, but can we stop anyone? I'm not sure yet. Rice and Sam wont be good measuring sticks either.

IIRC, you had some upperclassmen on the OL. How many did you lose? I wouldn't underestimate the loss of Swope either.

We lost more on the defensive side of the ball.

We lost a few o-line guys and most importantly our center. Everyone is confident the core of that group is still solid. That and Johnny has said he has tons of confidence in them still.

the following things will occur this season....

steve spurrier retires

bigvoldaddy has a heart attack while watching a tennessee game and filming a youtube video. films a youtube video and provides postgame commentary from his hospital bed.

the new sec tv deal will infuriate the rest of the country

james franklin leaves vanderbilt to take another job. sets a volnation record for the start of new thread within a one minute timeframe.

lane kiffin is fired

the fulmer debate extravaganza thread makes a return

hatvol comes back to volnation bringing new material and insults for all. kate beckinsale still remains the avatar.

tennessee will make a bowl game. people will complain about the bowl game tennessee is invited to.

alabama will sign a recruit from the state of tennessee this year. people will blame it on the speech that was made in athens, tn.

sometime before the season, someone will start a "when did we hire butch jones?" thread. this is thought to be the dumbest post of all time. however, in another thread during the year, a heated discussion will cause someone to claim that freak is not a vol for life.

LMAO how f***ed up is it that you know VN that well..

We lost more on the defensive side of the ball.

We lost a few o-line guys and most importantly our center. Everyone is confident the core of that group is still solid. That and Johnny has said he has tons of confidence in them still.

An*l Maulers will still beat the crappier teams just because of Manziel's running. Similar season to last year.

I think maybe you need to re-read his post. He said that they would give up the most points, not fewest. Also, if you're counting bowl games, the 1938 Duke football team holds the record for fewest points allowed. They gave up 7 to USC in the Rose Bowl, while we gave up 14.

No, he edited that point for clarity after I raised my question. As for the '38 Duke and '39 Tennessee teams, bowl stats were NOT counted in those days. Actually, those were simply the last two teams to go through the regular season unscored upon. For a complete list of teams to achieve that feat, see p. 108 of http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/2012/fbs.pdf. Teams that did not yield a point are indicated by placement of a "dot" to the left of the number of wins for that team.

East
1. UT - General Neyland makes deal with God to train angels for battle of apocalypse in exchange for some miraculous luck this season for UT.
2. [KY - Coach appears in all post game press conferences wearing neck brace. The levity created takes pressure off athletes and they perform above their abilities.
3. USCe - Spurrier curses God for the unbelievable way UT defeats Gamecocks in last seconds. God smites him with chonic laryngitis for season.
4. UGA - Richt is told by God of the deal made with Neyland. Richt takes this year off to be faithful to the Almighty and not go against His will.
5. Vandy - Doug Matthews, after hosting his Big Orange Sunday radio show, 'accidentally' runs over Franklin on his way home. Franklin spends half of season coaching from press box and other half hobbling on crutches on the sidelines.
6. Mizzou - Administration makes coaching change mid season. Desperately want someone with SEC head coaching experience. Decide upon the Dallas Cowboys receivers coach.
7. UF - A new reality show featuring Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, and the Kardashians is developed. They are sent to college at UF. Entire team is stricken with medical issues of a "personal and sensitive nature," and are unable to play the whole season.

West
1. Ole Miss - University develops a bonus structure and pays cash to defensive unit for opposing players forced out of game due to injury.
2. Auburn - AU ag department, while working on a project to make trees more resistant to poisoning, accidentally creates undetectable performance enhancer for athletes.
3. A&M - In a fit of jealousy, Johnny football attacks Brent Mussberger in the locker room after he compliments Johnny's girlfriend on national television. Suspended for half of the season
4. LSU - Tyrann Mathieu creates cannabis/turf sod hybrid and scatters seeds on LSU field. Miles eats grass and is suspended from team for "personal issues" for one year after failing a random drug test.
5. Arky - Talks of Gruden coming to save the program cause an internet stir and many distractions during season.
6. MSU - Tradition of female students attending home games in bikinis begins. NCAA imposes sanctions after first 2 home games are called due to time and scores of 0 to 0.
7. Bama - Saban, visiting Ireland before the season begins, is mistaken for a leprechaun and disappears never to be heard from again.

Reactions: 4 people
after looking at the schedules, lsu and texas a&m both have a bye week before playing each other on 11/23. lsu also plays bama on 11/9.

however, a&m gets vandy and missouri from the east. lsu gets florida and georgia.

so, yeah, i'll change my vote. put me down for a&m finishing 2nd in the sec west and lsu finishing 3rd.

Georgia and Florida is a toss up for me. I don't like USC's chances of being good at all but unfortunately I don't like UTs more. Bama should be #1 overall but like the OP said could be bored lol

after looking at the schedules, lsu and texas a&m both have a bye week before playing each other on 11/23. lsu also plays bama on 11/9.

however, a&m gets vandy and missouri from the east. lsu gets florida and georgia.

so, yeah, i'll change my vote. put me down for a&m finishing 2nd in the sec west and lsu finishing 3rd.

I wish the SEC could trade Missou to the Big East for West Virginia

You may never hear this from any other SEC fan about their school, but our schedule is cake compared to others.

Two warm up games then Bama
Two more cup cakes then a bye before Ole Miss again who nearly got us.
The Barn who is down, Vandy who is Vandy and then another bye before Miss Lite
A final tune up with New Mexico before LSU @ their place.
Then we stomp Mizzou and get set for Atlanta against whoever wins the Cocktail party.

Thats 8 @ home by the way. So freaking sweet after not having any byes last year.

You may never hear this from any other SEC fan about their school, but our schedule is cake compared to others.

Two warm up games then Bama
Two more cup cakes then a bye before Ole Miss again who nearly got us.
The Barn who is down, Vandy who is Vandy and then another bye before Miss Lite
A final tune up with New Mexico before LSU @ their place.
Then we stomp Mizzou and get set for Atlanta against whoever wins the Cocktail party.

Thats 8 @ home by the way. So freaking sweet after not having any byes last year.

Too bad Texa&& wont play A&M anymore

East
- Florida
- Georgia
- Tennessee
- South Carolina
- Vandy
- Mizzou
- Kentucky

West
- LSU
- Texas A&M
- Alabama
- Ole Miss
- Miss State
- Arkansas
- Auburn

Reactions: 1 person
The grass is greener here Woodstock.

In fact, the girls are prettier, the stadiums are full, the tailgating is louder, the beer even tastes colder, and above all, the football is better.

They can enjoy cowtv and trips to Ames, Lawrence, Broken Arrow 1 and 2, Lubbock, Morgantown and Waco.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back