Way too early but I'm picking anyway

East
UGA (offense sets SEC scoring records, defense sets records for most points allowed)
UF (would be my #1 pick 'cept I hate 'em)
USCe (no Lattimore no more, Clowney leaves team to run for Governor)
Vandy (beats UT in Knoxville, fans try to tear down the goalposts but there are only 6 of 'em)
UT (good new coach bounce, not enough gas for schedule. Finally decides to change fight song! :p)
Mizzou (welcome to the SEC, part deux)
KY (let's go to Keeneland, basketball season can't be that far off!)

West
LSU (Bama's bored)
Bama (Bama's bored)
A&M (Johnny's bored)
Ole Miss (As good as they'll get......ever......until next season)
Arky (Trainwreck......please, no more LizHoney2u vids!!!)
MSU (Where else to rank 'em?)
Auburn (Fans TP Jordan Hare, AD is sent to Siberia. Malzahn's wife makes really bizzare appearance on Christian talk show, part deux)

Vandy is still Vandy. Rocky Top is still Rocky Top

East
UGA (offense sets SEC scoring records, defense sets records for most points allowed)
UF (would be my #1 pick 'cept I hate 'em)
USCe (no Lattimore no more, Clowney leaves team to run for Governor)
Vandy (beats UT in Knoxville, fans try to tear down the goalposts but there are only 6 of 'em)
UT (good new coach bounce, not enough gas for schedule. Finally decides to change fight song! :p)
Mizzou (welcome to the SEC, part deux)
KY (let's go to Keeneland, basketball season can't be that far off!)

West
LSU (Bama's bored)
Bama (Bama's bored)
A&M (Johnny's bored)
Ole Miss (As good as they'll get......ever......until next season)
Arky (Trainwreck......please, no more LizHoney2u vids!!!)
MSU (Where else to rank 'em?)
Auburn (Fans TP Jordan Hare, AD is sent to Siberia. Malzahn's wife makes really bizzare appearance on Christian talk show, part deux)

Hey dawg you lost? FTI... your posting on VOLnation so you opinion means nothing! :good!:

:dance2:
When bUTch pimp slaps Richt back to Athens & Ole Smokey mounts uga, we won't see you for a year!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

You may never hear this from any other SEC fan about their school, but our schedule is cake compared to others.

Two warm up games then Bama
Two more cup cakes then a bye before Ole Miss again who nearly got us.
The Barn who is down, Vandy who is Vandy and then another bye before Miss Lite
A final tune up with New Mexico before LSU @ their place.
Then we stomp Mizzou and get set for Atlanta against whoever wins the Cocktail party.

Thats 8 @ home by the way. So freaking sweet after not having any byes last year.

Oh no, really an A&M fan on VOLnation talking smack after 1 season??? Good grief is Johnny football going to make it to next season? He can't stay out of trouble. Trainwreck. Your .500 this year, book it!

:eek:k: :hi:

Oh by the way we just scored again on you in the Cotton bowl! LOL
Vols Blast Aggies - 2005 Cotton Bowl (1st Half) - YouTube

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 1 person
Typical Georgia fan preseason prediction. At least 90% of the time, Georgia fans pick UGA to win, not only the SEC, but the National Championships. Therefore, I am not very impressed by this prediction. All we have to do is remember who they have as their coach. I wonder when they will play Alabama and LSU in the same regular season. Automatic two loses for them.

Someone's butt hurt! Lighten up, Francis!

Reactions: 1 person
Nope, I just think they're well-coached.

And that shouldn't be an advantage over us like it was last year. Jones has already beaten Franklin with Big East level talent before, and now he has UT's talent. Not to mention, Vandy loses a ton of contributors and UT's talent >>>>>> Vandy's talent to begin with. I mean let's be honest here, had we played Vandy earlier in the season last year before everyone had already quit on Dooley, absolutely no way would they have beaten us that bad, if at all.

There's just no way I see them winning in Knoxville this year. That game is gonna "mean something" to us this time around, in addition to what I said above.

So your saying that if we don't make a bowl in year one that fans will be calling for Butch Jones job? Wasn't Fulmer still making it to bowl games when all the fans were calling for his job?

No, not saying that at all, Im actually one of the fans that sees the big picture and im patient. but there are fans out there who will be upset and saying hes not the guy. All I was getting at is there is a buzz around this program from fans to recruits. and if he at least gets us to a bowl that buzz will continue.

Murray drops out of school to join River dance and Richt joins with Helen Hunt on a reality show to help locate long lost twins

Really just two comments......Rocky Top is the best song ever....so that's not happening! And Ga will end up in the top 3 in the SEC East....but not 1st. I hate to say it...but I am afraid that may be Fl this year. Go Vols!

Really just two comments......Rocky Top is the best song ever....so that's not happening! And Ga will end up in the top 3 in the SEC East....but not 1st. I hate to say it...but I am afraid that may be Fl this year. Go Vols!

What's not happening to Rocky Top? Rocky Top isn't the fight song.

You really need to expand your musical horizons!

Rankings

East:
UF - frontrunner, it's up to them to lose it
UT - Finally our string of bad luck ends, hype returns to UT football, Neyland becomes a fortress again, and we win some games we aren't supposed to
USCe - Returns most important starters, Clowney is a force to be reckoned with, As much as I hate to say it, Spurrier is a great coach
UGA - will suffer from 2012 Volunteeritis: Great O Terrible D, will cost them AT LEAST one game that they should have won (probably USCe and/or UT), finally has a difficult opponent from the West in LSU
Mizzou - eh, don't really care
Vandy - it's Vandy
UK - Nuff said

West: (don't know enough to give my reasoning, but it seems pretty clear)
Bama
A&M
LSU
Auburn
Arky
OM
State
(last 4 are a toss up I can't claim to know anything about the lower half of the SEC West)

VERY VERY IMPORTANT: this is just my opinion

Last edited:
You really need to expand your musical horizons!

It's okay man, you people who don't wear the orange just don't understand the importance behind the song about a beautiful spot just outside of Gatlinburg, TN, while the rest (blessed) of us look back on dear old Rocky Top.

And hey, it's so much better than "I've Been Working On the Railroad" with different lyrics (Glory Glory to Old Georgia, are you kidding me? Talk about annoying)

Last edited:
It's okay man, you people who don't wear the orange just don't understand the importance behind the song about a beautiful spot just outside of Gatlinburg, TN, while the rest (blessed) of us look back on dear old Rocky Top.

And hey, it's so much better than "I've Been Working On the Railroad" with different lyrics (Glory Glory to Old Georgia, are you kidding me? Talk about annoying)

1) It was said that Rocky Top was "the best song ever" and I was poking fun. 2) Before you say, yet again, the "I've Been Working on the Railroad" thing, please go and listen to the two songs again. Not even close.

Rankings

East:
UF - frontrunner, it's up to them to lose it
UT - Finally our string of bad luck ends, hype returns to UT football, Neyland becomes a fortress again, and we win some games we aren't supposed to
USCe - Returns most important starters, Clowney is a force to be reckoned with, As much as I hate to say it, Spurrier is a great coach
UGA - will suffer from 2012 Volunteeritis: Great O Terrible D, will cost them AT LEAST one game that they should have won (probably USCe and/or UT), finally has a difficult opponent from the West in LSU
Mizzou - eh, don't really care
Vandy - it's Vandy
UK - Nuff said

West: (don't know enough to give my reasoning, but it seems pretty clear)
Bama
A&M
LSU
Auburn
Arky
OM
State
(last 4 are a toss up I can't claim to know anything about the lower half of the SEC West)

VERY VERY IMPORTANT: this is just my opinion

I don't many experts are predicting us to have "terrible D" but anything's possible. Vandy's pre-season rank is top 25. Are you predicting what you hope or what you think?

1) It was said that Rocky Top was "the best song ever" and I was poking fun. 2) Before you say, yet again, the "I've Been Working on the Railroad" thing, please go and listen to the two songs again. Not even close.

I'm not going to go willingly listen to "Glory Glory. " I'd rather pull my fingernails out

I don't many experts are predicting us to have "terrible D" but anything's possible. Vandy's pre-season rank is top 25. Are you predicting what you hope or what you think?

Didn't you lose like 9 starters or something? There's gotta be some growing pains involved with that, and I think it will cost you more than most think, especially considering your "elite" D last year still managed to give up 350+ yards/game on average (32nd Total, 6th in SEC)

Vandy's preseason rank may top 25, but since when does a preseason poll have anything to do with what actually happens during the season? Vandy is still Vandy, and always will be Vandy. They don't have the talent to compete year in and year out, and one good season with a horrifically easy schedule (wins over Presbyterian, Mizzou. 3-9 Auburn, Umass, UK, OM, Historically terrible UT, Wake Forest, and NC State) does not mean they've suddenly morphed into a football school. Vandy is interchangeable with Mizzou in my ranking, and my ranking represents what I think the rankings will look like going into the SECCG.

Typical Georgia fan preseason prediction. At least 90% of the time, Georgia fans pick UGA to win, not only the SEC, but the National Championships. Therefore, I am not very impressed by this prediction. All we have to do is remember who they have as their coach. I wonder when they will play Alabama and LSU in the same regular season. Automatic two loses for them.

UGA will win the East but choke against Alabagger again. As for the NT, they haven't won one since Reagan. His first term.

VN Store

Back