We finished with a better record than Florida.

He's not living up to expectations at all, is he?

When you fire him, I only hope CSS is not interested or that your AD insists on interviewing him as if he's an unknown to Gator football.

Meyer has taken a lot of heat for this perfomance, not because we lost, but because the team looked so ... average. As someone who was at the game I can confirm what those who watched it on tv have said, which is that Michigan was very up for the game.

The difference in emotion was palpable. Even when UF scored, the upsurge was temporary and gone within a minute or two after Michigan had by then driven back to our red zone. Our corners looked totally unprepared (Charlie Strong did himself no favors for the next head coaching vacancy).

Meyer complained that the defensive coordinators had not prepared the offense to deal with a blitz. True. But someone needed at half time to get away from the no back set and put a back in there just to block the pass rushers -- that did not happen and that in the end is Meyer's fault.

He got outcoached, as did the rest of his staff. The Gator players, on the whole, got outhustled. But if you think that the sky is falling in Gainesville over what amounts to an exhibition game loss, you are dreaming. No serious fan is nearly that po'd.

I have no idea how we have so many people here who think CUM is improving the Gator program.

Didn't Zook recruit 19 of the 22 starters on the NC team?

Yet Urban still won a NC. And his recruiting has done just fine.

By god i say if he doesnt win a nc or the sec every four years you fire his carcass!!

Urban won a SECC and NC in his second year as head coach. Comparing Meyers record to Fulmer is unreasonable considering their tenures as head coach at both schools.

By god i say if he doesnt win a nc or the sec every four years you fire his carcass!!
this would be more effective sarcasm if you truly reflected the time period over which we've come home empty handed? Four years is actually less than half and five years slightly over half. Maybe even try going to 2/3.

Zook started the recruiting process with Tebow. How long will Tebow last in that mastermind 'QB is our FB' offense?

That's my point... He's hinging everything on the way his QB plays. Tebows numbers are deceptive (50% passing 4.7 ypp, 3.6 ypc)... he didnt have a great game even though he had a few TD's yesterday. If he gets hurt.... what happens?

this would be more effective sarcasm if you truly reflected the time period over which we've come home empty handed? Four years is actually less than half and five years slightly over half. Maybe even try going to 2/3.

It should be higher. He's been on the 'mountain top' now and that makes winning NC's easier.

But surely the gators cant be held to the same level as the lowley vols. Their expectations should be loftier(sp) than ours. Hence the greater expectations.

That's my point... He's hinging everything on the way his QB plays. Tebows numbers are deceptive (50% passing 4.7 ypp, 3.6 ypc)... he didnt have a great game even though he had a few TD's yesterday. If he gets hurt.... what happens?

I agree 100% and the probability of that happening in the SEC with the current offense must be close to 1.0.

But surely the gators cant be held to the same level as the lowley vols. Their expectations should be loftier(sp) than ours. Hence the greater expectations.

Right on. They are the Mighty Gators. You were spot on for what any halfwit HC should accomplish in their program. Anything less is just accepting mediocrity and average performance.

Wow. Meyer takes mostly Ron Zook talent and coaches them up to overachieve and win the NT and the next year, with nine new starters on defense he goes an admittedly mediocre 9-4 and people are actually criticizing him? And this after his supposedly overhyped offense is still averaging over 30 points a game (enough to win with a decent defense).

Meyer is fine. No hotseat issue at all. Recruits are coming in. Defense is really bad and needs major improvement and I am sure they are going to work hard on that in the offseason. Meyer yesterday said he told the kids to go home and rest up and he's hitting the recruiting trail.

Quit trying to create a controversy where there is none. Worry about finding a reliable leader and QB for next year, an offensive coordinator who can get Fulmer out of the gameplanning business, and ask yourselves what happens if Florida beats you again next year.

Don't even mention the fact that Urban has gained a victory over us every year as Floridas head coach.

And they should expect NOTHING less, EVER.

Who cares if he loses to South Carolina, UGA, LSU, and Big 10 teams that can't beat Appy State and the like every now and then.

VN Store

Back