We have officially

Thanks Doyle. I just noticed that this board may not support PM, or at least I can't find it right now. Anyone who wants directions can just e-mail me at millerduck -at- gmail dot com.

MD

I edited the original post to match.

Fans like you make it damn hard to hate the ducks! /salute

Fans like you make it damn hard to hate the ducks! /salute

We had such a great time out there that we have found it pretty hard to hate many Vol fans either.

I was going to post a new thread with the invite but I don't have 100 posts. If someone wanted to copy and paste it to a new one so it is a more visible invite that would be great.

Thanks,
MD

Visiting Tennessee Fans,

A buddy and I had a great time in Knoxville and experienced a level of hospitality that we talk about to this day. As a result we are planning to extend the same to our guests.

We get started at 8:30 and welcome any T fans that want to stop by. We after-party for a couple hours too if you want to come celebrate the Duck win (or gawd-forbid the alternative) with us.

Shoot me an email (millerduck -at- gmail dot com) I will send you a note with an aerial photograph and a picture of our flags to make it easy to find us. We fly the only Vol Navy flag in the lots so it shouldn't be too hard.

Welcome Vol fans and GoDucks!

MD

That's awesome you guys fly a Vol Navy flag! You may have just sold me on rooting for the Ducks on saturdays. Minus this one, of course.

The Beartooth Highway does, indeed, traverse significantly more beautiful country than the Chief Joseph Highway. The Sawtooth Mountains are visually quite reminiscent of the Tetons and just as rugged. Indeed, they were formed by the same geological processes but are about 3,000 feet lower in elevation and far less heavily visited than the Tetons.

The Beartooth Mountains are massive, sprawling, craggy peaks and contain, by far, the highest mountains in Montana. I encountered blizzard conditions (no exaggeration) when traversing the Beartooth Highway in mid-August, 1978. The Beartooths would be a superb area for backpacking or, even horsepacking, as there are plenty of outfitters in the area. The Beartooth Highway is, in my opinion, the second most scenic highway I have driven; it is eclipsed only by the Going-to-the-Sun Highway in Glacier, which, because of the manner in which it was constructed, provides such an intimate view of, and experience with, the high country.

Portions of the Wind River Range are even higher than the Tetons and far more remote. These photos should provide an excellent visual sample of what to expect from this area: Big Sandy Lodge, Wyoming, Wind River Mountain Resort and Green River Lakes Campground and trails, Wyoming. Many a fur traders' rendezvous was held in the old Green River Lakes area, and the Museum of the Mountain Man in Pinedale ( Museum of the Mountain Man - Pinedale, Wyoming) would be well worth a visit, as would the extraordinary Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody, Wyoming (Buffalo Bill Center of the West).

Similarly, the San Juans are one of the great mountain ranges in all of America. High, wild, and rugged, the area is traversed by the San Juan Skyway. James Kay, one of the premier landscape photographers in the country, once described the area surrounding Telluride, which is in the heart of that range, as the single best area for fall foliage photography. The small Sneffels sub-range is, perhaps, the most spectacular portion of this area, which is riddled with 14,000-foot peaks. These images will illustrate why: Sneffels Range Autumn : San Juan Mountains, Colorado : Mountain Photography by Jack Brauer and San Juan Mountains - Colorado, Photograph, Autumn.

As John Muir said "The mountains are calling, and I must go" thanks for the great info. Lord willing I will get back there before long. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
For everyone asking, I played the Bandon Dunes course. Shot 81. Might have been better if I wasn't in such awe of how awesome it was. I posted a thread for people in Oregon that might want to post some pictures of their experience, so that you all can see how it went.

So much orange everywhere. Can't wait for tomorrow. GBO.

If you shot an 81 at that course, you need to be on the tour. Beautiful course, but the greens are so fast and hilly it's ridiculous. Which one of the 5 did you play? I've played them all except Old McDonald.

If you shot an 81 at that course, you need to be on the tour. Beautiful course, but the greens are so fast and hilly it's ridiculous. Which one of the 5 did you play? I've played them all except Old McDonald.

I played Bandon Dunes. The greens are tricky, but it's short. Made it manageable. My best friend shot 73, so I actually lost out on the day. He plays in college and works there though, so I can't complain. Great experience.

I played Bandon Dunes. The greens are tricky, but it's short. Made it manageable. My best friend shot 73, so I actually lost out on the day. He plays in college and works there though, so I can't complain. Great experience.

I usually shoot about an 8 of makers mark when I am playing.

Not done either! I'll probably play Pacific or maybe Old McDonald before I leave, as well as a course in Eugene that we plan on hitting Sunday.

The Beartooth Highway does, indeed, traverse significantly more beautiful country than the Chief Joseph Highway. The Sawtooth Mountains are visually quite reminiscent of the Tetons and just as rugged. Indeed, they were formed by the same geological processes but are about 3,000 feet lower in elevation and far less heavily visited than the Tetons.

The Beartooth Mountains are massive, sprawling, craggy peaks and contain, by far, the highest mountains in Montana. I encountered blizzard conditions (no exaggeration) when traversing the Beartooth Highway in mid-August, 1978. The Beartooths would be a superb area for backpacking or, even horsepacking, as there are plenty of outfitters in the area. The Beartooth Highway is, in my opinion, the second most scenic highway I have driven; it is eclipsed only by the Going-to-the-Sun Highway in Glacier, which, because of the manner in which it was constructed, provides such an intimate view of, and experience with, the high country.

Portions of the Wind River Range are even higher than the Tetons and far more remote. These photos should provide an excellent visual sample of what to expect from this area: Big Sandy Lodge, Wyoming, Wind River Mountain Resort and Green River Lakes Campground and trails, Wyoming. Many a fur traders' rendezvous was held in the old Green River Lakes area, and the Museum of the Mountain Man in Pinedale ( Museum of the Mountain Man - Pinedale, Wyoming) would be well worth a visit, as would the extraordinary Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody, Wyoming (Buffalo Bill Center of the West).

Similarly, the San Juans are one of the great mountain ranges in all of America. High, wild, and rugged, the area is traversed by the San Juan Skyway. James Kay, one of the premier landscape photographers in the country, once described the area surrounding Telluride, which is in the heart of that range, as the single best area for fall foliage photography. The small Sneffels sub-range is, perhaps, the most spectacular portion of this area, which is riddled with 14,000-foot peaks. These images will illustrate why: Sneffels Range Autumn : San Juan Mountains, Colorado : Mountain Photography by Jack Brauer and San Juan Mountains - Colorado, Photograph, Autumn.

Without a doubt, Beartooth Pass is the most beautiful highway in the U.S., especially on a motorcycle! I have ridden it four times. AWESOME!

Reactions: 1 person
Just got kidnapped by some Oregon fans. Took me to a place called Steelhead Brewery. Anybody here?

Wish I could be there. After all the back and forth I've had on this site, I was really looking forward to hosting you guys out at Autzen.

BUT, we moved to San Diego last year. Not in the cards to travel up for this one.

Enjoy the game!

Reactions: 3 people
Not done either! I'll probably play Pacific or maybe Old McDonald before I leave, as well as a course in Eugene that we plan on hitting Sunday.

My buddy played there way more than me, and he would always talk about Old McDonald being consistently the toughest regardless of conditions or hold placements. Good luck. I wish I could shoot that low!

My buddy played there way more than me, and he would always talk about Old McDonald being consistently the toughest regardless of conditions or hold placements. Good luck. I wish I could shoot that low!

Allen Iverson might disagree, but practice. Practice. Practice.

Visiting Tennessee Fans,

A buddy and I had a great time in Knoxville and experienced a level of hospitality that we talk about to this day. As a result we are planning to extend the same to our guests.

We get started at 8:30 and welcome any T fans that want to stop by. We after-party for a couple hours too if you want to come celebrate the Duck win (or gawd-forbid the alternative) with us.

Shoot me an email (millerduck -at- gmail dot com) I will send you a note with an aerial photograph and a picture of our flags to make it easy to find us. We fly the only Vol Navy flag in the lots so it shouldn't be too hard.

Welcome Vol fans and GoDucks!

MD
Thanks! Welcome Duck! Go Vols!!

Glacier is #2 on my National park bucket list (I have already knocked a few off) right after Yosemite, and just ahead of the GC.

You should check out some of the parks in Utah. Arches and Bryce Canyon especially. I'd put them ahead of the Grand Canyon, personally. They're all stunning though so you can't really go wrong.

:hi:

You should check out some of the parks in Utah. Arches and Bryce Canyon especially. I'd put them ahead of the Grand Canyon, personally. They're all stunning though so you can't really go wrong.

:hi:

You forgot Zion. That one is awesome

Thought seriously about going to Eugene but my grandson's on the roster at Stanford so going to their USC game in LA. Couldn't swing two west coast football trips this year. Sound like you guys are having a blast, sure wish I was out there with you. GBO!

I met some mighty nice Ducks fans in 2010 at Neyland, had some good convos during the lightning delay.

Side note... My wife and I spent 3 days in Bozeman last spring, fishing the Madison River. She was 6 months pregnant at the time ( a real trouper ); our youngest is named Madison, and every time i say her name it reminds me of that place - it was awesome!

VN Store

Back