We have officially

Yeah, I've been curious, is Norman the kind of place worth visiting? Having a home/home with OU is pretty great, but I don't know if going to Norman would compare going to Eugene, which seems to have a lot more to offer. I've heard the tailgating in Norman isn't very great.

Certainly doesn't have other things to offer like an Oregon trip. I don't know that you would make a weeklong trip out of a game in Norman.

However, OU is probably a Top 10 historical program and maybe even Top 5. It is an easy trip for me with family only 4 hours away. I was actually born in Dallas, but I have never really experienced any Big 12 games. So, I think it would be an interesting trip.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, I've been curious, is Norman the kind of place worth visiting? Having a home/home with OU is pretty great, but I don't know if going to Norman would compare going to Eugene, which seems to have a lot more to offer. I've heard the tailgating in Norman isn't very great.

There is nothing in Norman. You can visit the one tree in Oklahoma that is there. I am actually going to be in town for their game against Texas Tech and will attend. The campus is nice..but seriously..there is nothing in Oklahoma.

And their beer is all 3.2%..

If the University of Montana ever convinced us to pay them a visit, which we all know is not worth our bother financially, you would definitely enjoy the visit to Missoula and all of the natural beauty surrounding that part of Montana. Norman, on the other hand, is host to a traditional power in college football but it will never be considered a scenic wonder. Plus, Oklahoma is subject to a lot of tornados, although I doubt many have occurred during football season.

Reactions: 2 people
There is nothing in Norman. You can visit the one tree in Oklahoma that is there. I am actually going to be in town for their game against Texas Tech and will attend. The campus is nice..but seriously..there is nothing in Oklahoma.

And their beer is all 3.2%..

natty extra light??

Just read an article that UT was given an allotment of 5,000 tickets and we sold out pretty quickly. That would be 10% of their stadium. You also have to believe that we will have fans that bought some outside of our allotment so I am expecting possibly close to 6,000 UT fans there! Would be a great showing for such a long trip!

That 6000 Vols have traveled to the other side of the country after enduring 10 years of pure hell, and knowing we will probably get beat, is a testament to the enduring love true Vol fans have for our team. There is no PAC whatever team that has that kind of following.

Reactions: 8 people
If the University of Montana ever convinced us to pay them a visit, which we all know is not worth our bother financially, you would definitely enjoy the visit to Missoula and all of the natural beauty surrounding that part of Montana. Norman, on the other hand, is host to a traditional power in college football but it will never be considered a scenic wonder. Plus, Oklahoma is subject to a lot of tornados, although I doubt many have occurred during football season.

You are right, the area around Missoula is beautiful. And if you fly fish, it's Heaven!!

Back around 70 years ago, I think Montana was in the old Pacific Coast Conference (now PAC-12).

I was up that way a couple of years ago with the family on vacation. I love the northern Rockies. I will probably move to Bozeman, or Jackson WY. when my time here is up. My wife just got offered a job in Jackson last week managing a property with housing included. It was gutwrenching to turn it down.

This is me & the mrs
bigorange-albums-album1-picture148-berkeley.jpg

nice work amigo. i suspect a recruiting violation. =]

cosigning the earlier post about the Oregon fans being pretty classy in Kville. then again, it doesnt take a rocket surgeon to know that in a room with 100,00 Vol fans, probably a good idea to be cool.

Yah You guys were givin' more tickets because the students aren't on campus until sep 25th, I believe. It kind of sucks because the student section generates the most noise. It'll still be popping:matrix:.

what kind of school calendar is that?

edit: nevermind you already answered. That's so different from schools here.

Last edited:
natty extra light??

no. All domestic beers are 3.2% unless you buy them warm from a liquor store. Imports on draft are usually legit..sometimes. Most of the Oklahomians (?) don't even know there is beer that is above 3.2% alcohol.

You are right, the area around Missoula is beautiful. And if you fly fish, it's Heaven!!

Back around 70 years ago, I think Montana was in the old Pacific Coast Conference (now PAC-12).

And the jawdroppingly gorgeous Glacier National Park is only 150 miles from Missoula. Based on conversations with Montana visitors who posted here prior to their visit a couple of years ago, I believe that you are correct about Montana's former membership in the, now, PAC-12.

I was up that way a couple of years ago with the family on vacation. I love the northern Rockies. I will probably move to Bozeman, or Jackson WY. when my time here is up. My wife just got offered a job in Jackson last week managing a property with housing included. It was gutwrenching to turn it down.

Bozeman would probably be cheaper, in terms of real estate values, than Jackson. So many celebrities have wanted their little slice of the Tetons that property taxes have gone through the roof there.

And the jawdroppingly gorgeous Glacier National Park is only 150 miles from Missoula. Based on conversations with Montana visitors who posted here prior to their visit a couple of years ago, I believe that you are correct about Montana's former membership in the, now, PAC-12.

Glacier is #2 on my National park bucket list (I have already knocked a few off) right after Yosemite, and just ahead of the GC.

Yea, back in the day, I think Idaho and Montana were part of the league. And when I was growing up, Boise St was a community college.

My crew (4 of us) drove thru the Columbia River gorge, ate at Otto's, snacked at Voodoo Doughnuts, and walked around downtown Portland last night.

Today, we went to Mount Hood and headed to the coast. Beautiful state with nice duck fans.

We have seen Orange at every stop. We are definitely well represented.

Bozeman would probably be cheaper, in terms of real estate values, than Jackson. So many celebrities have wanted their little slice of the Tetons that property taxes have gone through the roof there.

Our housing would be free, that is the only way we could live there. My wife is in hotel mgmt., but we keep our living expenses low so one day we can afford to move around the country a bit. I will probably never own a home again, I have to much gypsy in me, and there are too many places I want to experience. I can't really blame the celebs for wanting a piece of Jackson Hole, it is one of the most beautiful places on earth. I just thank God folks like Teddy R. were willing to share it with everybody, and not let us become like Europe where the rich folks own all the beauty.

Don't drink the water I hear it can give you dysentery and kill your whole family.

I got my homework done early and tried to make it to Oregon every day of 3rd grade. After 20 years, fording several rivers and suffering the loss of a couple of oxen, we finally made it thanks to our surplus of bear meat.

VN Store

Back