What did you have for dinner II?

nom nom nom

Temp and time in the air fryer?

I torched the counter top air fryer on the stove. Accidentally bumped on the eye it was sitting on. (Also did that to my Instant Pot but it was salvageable and I ordered a new bottom for it). But, our new Frigidaire oven has all the options except steam, so we air fry in it now. Either way, oven or table top air fryer, air frying has always been specified at 400 for meats and taters in the pre-set programs of the old air fryer, maybe everything I have done. Only the times changed. So, I just set the oven fryer at 400 regardless and figure out the time. For the good thick chops you get in the big pack at Sams, I do about 17 minutes, turning halfway. 20 minutes is almost starting to dry out. If you have thinner chops I'd drop to 14-15 minutes, maybe less but atleast 12 probably. For chicken legs and thighs, which is what the table top primarily cooked, is 40 minutes with a halfway turn. I have not done full breasts in the air fryer, but the 40 minutes should be good. The dark meat typically takes longer, so a bone in breast should still be 40. That was the programmed chicken time in the old air fryer.

The convenient factor is I started the chicken legs and thighs out on the grill last night with a chunk of cherry. Same rub I tried on the chops. It was so windy, there was no way I was gonna get them grilled right, or even done. So, after I had them on long enough to get some grill and smoke, popped them in the oven on air fry and finished them off. I have a deep baking sheet/rack combo from Walmart I line with foil to oven bake all the bacon, and to do my air frying so I get crispy all sides with excess fat dripping away. Baking the bacon was a great discovery. Don't have to do on a rack. Started off just laying it straight on the foil. Works fine either way. Put pan in oven, then turn it on to 400 regular bake. Move bacon to paper towels, let pan cool, roll foil and cooled grease up and toss it. No mess. No fuss. Good bacon.

One day, I might try a steak in the air fryer. If it does chops and chicken like it does, a steak would have to be good. We are addicted to air fryer chicken legs.

Last edited:
I torched the counter top air fryer on the stove. Accidentally bumped on the eye it was sitting on. (Also did that to my Instant Pot but it was salvageable and I ordered a new bottom for it). But, our new Frigidaire oven has all the options except steam, so we air fry in it now. Either way, oven or table top air fryer, air frying has always been specified at 400 for meats and taters in the pre-set programs of the old air fryer, maybe everything I have done. Only the times changed. So, I just set the oven fryer at 400 regardless and figure out the time. For the good thick chops you get in the big pack at Sams, I do about 17 minutes, turning halfway. 20 minutes is almost starting to dry out. If you have thinner chops I'd drop to 14-15 minutes, maybe less but atleast 12 probably. For chicken legs and thighs, which is what the table top primarily cooked, is 40 minutes with a halfway turn. I have not done full breasts in the air fryer, but the 40 minutes should be good. The dark meat typically takes longer, so a bone in breast should still be 40. That was the programmed chicken time in the old air fryer.

The convenient factor is I started the chicken legs and thighs out on the grill last night with a chunk of cherry. Same rub I tried on the chops. It was so windy, there was no way I was gonna get them grilled right, or even done. So, after I had them on long enough to get some grill and smoke, popped them in the oven on air fry and finished them off. I have a deep baking sheet/rack combo from Walmart I line with foil to oven bake all the bacon, and to do my air frying so I get crispy all sides with excess fat dripping away. Baking the bacon was a great discovery. Don't have to do on a rack. Started off just laying it straight on the foil. Works fine either way. Put pan in oven, then turn it on to 400 regular bake. Move bacon to paper towels, let pan cool, roll foil and cooled grease up and toss it. No mess. No fuss. Good bacon.

One day, I might try a steak in the air fryer. If it does chops and chicken like it does, a steak would have to be good. We are addicted to air fryer chicken legs.
I love air fryers! Erethang at 400°! lol

Thanks! I’ll give this a try. 1677787609479.gif

Reactions: SpecialKVolfan20
I love air fryers! Erethang at 400°! lol

Thanks! I’ll give this a try. View attachment 539015

Yeah. On the one I torched, setting for meats and taters always went to 400, and the time just changed. So, I just use that on the oven air fryer setting and set my timer for half cook for flipping then do the second run.

BTW, accidentally turning an eye on under a plastic bottom appliance is not recommended. The smoke gets thick, and the wife gets agitated. Especially when you follow up an air fryer with a brand new Instant Pot. If I hadn't saved the instant pot, I may still be in the dog house. Never understood how the one that don't do the cooking gets mad. Thank God I've been married long enough not to ask her that question.

VN Store

Back