What did you have for dinner II?

I don’t think I ever posted a before-picture of Rusty pizza, so here it is. Start with a base frozen Freschetta Brick Oven 3-meat pizza (the square one!) sitting on a wooden pizza paddle (worth every penny!), sauté and add thin-sliced onion, roasted red bell peppers á la jar, and sliced cremini mushrooms, plus lots of squirts of Amoré tomato paste with basil á la tube and shredded Italian bag cheese, and 7-8 anchovy filets on one side of the pizza with a Zone of Death down the middle to keep the stinky fish off my side of the pizza. Slide onto a pizza stone (worth even more pennies; seriously!) pre-heated in a 500° oven while doing the sautéed thing, turn oven down immediately to 400° convection bake, and cook for about ten minutes.
1678149312619.jpeg

Ahem. If you don’t remember to turn down the oven to 400° immediately, and you don’t set the timer right away, and you don’t think to check before 8:30 out of the ten minutes has gone by, you will get an extra-crispy pizza. But it’s still good! urp

-the pizza stone crisps the crust so that when you pick up a slice, it doesn’t flop over with all the toppings sliding off. Even when removed from the oven promptly.
1678149668418.jpeg

We're all just grazing tonight. Nobody feels like cooking. We all got the rona. This is the 2nd time for us. So I'm calling it Covid 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Sorry to hear that. Hope that you all get over it soon. A buddy of mine and his entire family recently came down with it.

As far as what I had for dinner, cheesy hash brown hamburger helper.

View attachment 539438went to a wild game dinner at a local church tonight. On my plate is wild pork, catfish, deer meatloaf, BBQ coon, slaw, hush puppies, mashed potatoes, green beans. The almost fried apple pie looking thing was called beast in a blanket, buffalo with jalapenos, so good. The bowl is Brunswick stew with wild game mix. View attachment 539439
So jealous

Mad respect for the carefully dated edit on the salt!

As for the universal recipe ingredient of a “can” of chipotles in adobo sauce, I finally found this in a jar. We have to approach hot peppers verrrry carefully, and I can’t tell you how many cans that still had 7/8 of the original contents I’ve had to pitch, because I couldn’t use it up in time! 😢😭🌶️🌶️🌶️

As long as you don’t contaminate the inside of the jar when you’re fishing out the peppers, the jars last a good long time.

Mad respect for the carefully dated edit on the salt!

As for the universal recipe ingredient of a “can” of chipotles in adobo sauce, I finally found this in a jar. We have to approach hot peppers verrrry carefully, and I can’t tell you how many cans that still had 7/8 of the original contents I’ve had to pitch, because I couldn’t use it up in time! 😢😭🌶️🌶️🌶️

As long as you don’t contaminate the inside of the jar when you’re fishing out the peppers, the jars last a good long time.
Ha! That's her notes. The Adobe peppers in the little can is what we use as well. Either save the leftovers in the freezer or toss them. Because you're right, don't use much.

VN Store

Back